Push notifications for auction house

85 Undead Mage
I just downloaded the Armory app for the auction house notifications (the account is upgraded for that)
Iphone 4.

The armory app does not show in the setting for push notifications; like the app says to do in the armory settings.

checking around these forums, I've read that you have to log into guild chat and THAT will enable push notifications.

Well, I am not in a guild. How to I get Push notifications activated for Auctions?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
bump
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
At the moment, we do not have push notifications for auctions. This is something we'd like to explore down the road, but for now it's just for Guild Chat.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Thank you for the response.

"Instant notifications when you win an auction, get outbid, sell your tem, or if it expires". What does this advertisement mean, then?

edit: Also, in other threads a "blue" has said that if someone logs into guild chat, it will enable push notifications for auction house.. so my question being; what if I'm not in a guild?
Edited by Kidret on 6/11/2012 12:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
bump.

Maybe I'm asking the question incorrectly;

"Instant notifications when you win an auction, get outbid, sell your item, or if it expires".

How can I get instant notifications when I win an auction, get outbid, sell my item, or if it expires?
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
There's really no need to bump your thread, Kidret. It's not like the WoW forum where your thread disappears from the front page in a miasma of random posts. Be patient and I will get around to answering your thread.

Like I mentioned in my previous reply, only Guild Chat has push notifications enabled. We have not added Auction House support. The quote you're referencing from our WoW Remote page was written before we had any push notifications at all, and is referring to the in-app toasts and alerts for auctions. These will display while the app is in focus, but not while it's minimized or the phone is locked.

I've informed our web team of this misleading text and we will be removing it from the website to avoid any future confusion.

Thanks for the heads up!
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Thank you, Wilebosk. And sorry for the bumps :o

Is there a timetable for when push notifications will be added, if at all?

Thanks again.
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
No worries, Kidret. No timetable at the moment. Our primary focus is on Mists of Pandaria content.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Hey running into same problem just wondering if it got figured out or not? :-)
Reply Quote
Quality Assurance
We have not developed this feature for the Auction House. If we do, we will note it in the patch notes and the News section of the Mobile Armory.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]