The Good Ole Days

85 Tauren Death Knight
World first AQ gates, that's pretty impressive. I had some of the best times here, I really hope MoP will maybe motivate the server again. I'd transfer back in a heartbeat.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I transfered off Medivh back at the beginning of TBC because I decided, as a Hawaii resident, I needed to be on a west-coast realm. I gotta say it's a little sad reading about how the population has declined so much, but at least you've still got one thing going for you - an active realm forum. That is, one where people still talk to each other. You should see Proudmoore's forum. It's seriously nothing but guild recruitment posts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
All I have to add is that the server sucks, because the server community sucks.

Most people are just looking out for themselves, proverbially stepping over other people in an attempt to get virtual stuff. When the game becomes all about getting everything you want, instead of helping each other out, what then? You what? Get what you want, and then quit the game? How often do we see our vaunted "Scarab King" title floating around? As if that one person not being here makes our server dead?

Most people just forget that there are actually other people at the other end of the computer. How many dungeons do you go through, without anyone so much as doing an emote, or saying something besides "ty" at the end of the run? Or how many BG's do you get into where everyone is pointing fingers at each other, or blaming Blizzard for this or that being unfair? Do you know how many people don't understand what "line of sight" really is, and just backpedal while still being in... Line of sight?

This is why a lot of people transferred off, but not the only reason obviously. But lamenting the days of olde isn't going to change things. You have to change things. You have to make the game fun again, by making the game fun for other people too. That is what a community is about.

Helping people who are new to the game understand how the game works, finding that one piece of transmog gear for a guildie, and slaying wave after wave of Hor... Err, Alliance, is what makes this game fun. If you can't "get into" the game, it'll never be fun for you. You'll always be searching for the next piece of your tier set, and rolling against anyone who stands in your way of getting it.

MMORPG - Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. It's not a single player game. Just sayin'.

Oh yeah, and if you're lurking and not posting, you are a part of the problem. Part of being a community means making a post about being mind controlled by Arsonist's 1337 engineering helm, or trolling the Mannoroth server forum for their preform BG group that got rolled by yours, and stuff like that.

Post on your mayne, newbs.
Edited by Caeralton on 1/8/2013 9:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
^ This is why I play Horde and faction changed two accounts worth of toons. On Medivh Alliance you can't ask a question or post anything pretty much in Trade without someone telling you off immediately, usually insulting your intelligence. On Horde side, although there are few people in Trade, you will get a response or engaged in conversation otherwise. There are also numerous whispers or invites from people a week asking to do old content or just chatting.

So I disagree that the server community sucks. The Alliance side definitely fits that with all the insider clubs, catty people, and general bs. Horde is very good in comparison. As I said, I transferred a ton of toons over to Horde for a hefty price tag because the playing experience is just so much better.
Reply Quote
I think the looking for dungeon tool was awesome for actually getting your dungeon stuff done, but it killed any sense of a need to be civil to people on your server... before you'd be trying to get a group together for a dungeon or a raid to do something and your rep and your guild kinda meant something... There would be people trying to get groups together that you knew you should stay away from or should whisper as quickly as possible to get into their group...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/08/2013 02:54 PMPosted by Lighten
I think the looking for dungeon tool was awesome for actually getting your dungeon stuff done, but it killed any sense of a need to be civil to people on your server... before you'd be trying to get a group together for a dungeon or a raid to do something and your rep and your guild kinda meant something... There would be people trying to get groups together that you knew you should stay away from or should whisper as quickly as possible to get into their group...

Yeah but, though the method was different, a certain percentage of people were still the same and only being nice in order to get what they want.

Selfishness ruins it imo.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
<3 Caeralton.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]