Silvermoon Mists Guild Listing

100 Blood Elf Paladin
I noticed this week that the Cataclysm raid listing is horribly out of date. I'd like to take it upon myself to start up this project going into Mists. Post your guild's here. Thanks.

--Barotar of House of Zug

(Don't forget to request Sticky)

Please post your guild in the following format:

<Guild Name>
<Faction>
<Type> (PVE10, PVE25 PVP, Casual)
<Officer Contact>
<Website>
<Progression>
Edited by Barotar on 7/7/2012 2:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
==================================================================================
25-Man PVE

House of Zug
Horde
PVE 25
houseofzug.com
6/8 DS25 HM

==================================================================================
10-Man PVE

<Døuble Tap>
Horde
PvE 10/Casual PvP
4/8 DS10 Heroic

<Impurity>
Horde
PVE/Light PVP
Daggen, Lyhrien
www.impuritylegion.com

<Saga>
Horde
PvE
Psychotica/Putress/Banegrey
saga-SILVERMOON.guildlaunch.com
2/8 DS10(h)

PVP

Casual

<Hello Kritty>
Alliance
Casual
Contact Avatar, Mealic, Demoncracy
www.hellokritty.com
Edited by Barotar on 7/31/2012 11:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Døuble Tap
Horde
PvE 10/Casual PvP
4/8 DS10 Heroic
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Edited by Kørent on 6/11/2012 6:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
updated
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I think we have proved these sort of posts do not work in the long term.

A single maintainer is the not the appropriate structure for something like this.

Please use http://www.wowpedia.org/Server:Silvermoon_US or something similar.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Well, that's why you don't need to volunteer to do anything =)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
Requested
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
<Saga>
Horde
PvE
Psychotica/Putress/Banegrey
saga-silvermoon.guildlaunch.com (work in progress)
2/8 DS10(h)
Edited by Putress on 6/14/2012 11:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
updated
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I just realised that I put the old website on there..

It should be saga-SILVERMOON.guildlaunch.com.

/nub
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
<Hello Kritty>
Alliance
Casual
Contact Avatar, Mealic, Demoncracy
www.hellokritty.com
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
How about just making it PvE and PvP. Oh right because then your guild wouldn't be at the top of the list. How silly of me.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
06/15/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Archaea
How about just making it PvE and PvP. Oh right because then your guild wouldn't be at the top of the list. How silly of me.
'

oh dear what ever will we do, QQ....... i agree with how he has it now. 10 and 25's should be apart.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
06/15/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Archaea

Dear Archaea,

I wish to extend my most sincere gratitude for your constructive criticism regarding the formatting of my community post. I am happy to take your comments under advisory and extend my most sincere gratitude for your role in strengthening the Silvermoon guild community. Your opinion has offered me an alternative perspective that I may not have come to realize unless you had brought it to my attention. The entire server can never repay your vigilance. I anxiously await what other suggestions you come up with in the future!

Sincerely,
Barotar, GM of House of Zug
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Putress, I updated the link for you.

Korent, thanks for having my back (I think 25M raiding deserves it's own place as it is far too underrepresented on the server, and I hope more GMs accept the call to form larger raiding communities--the server can only benefit)

Avatar, <Hello Kritty> is listed, and you have an awesome name for a priest

updated
Edited by Barotar on 6/18/2012 12:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
06/12/2012 03:08 PMPosted by Barotar
Well, that's why you don't need to volunteer to do anything =)

No: that's why I work and update the wowpedia pages for SM.

Have you even bothered to look at the guild listing page? It's much simpler, can contain links, and can be updated by many.

The problem with a single person updating a blizz forum thread, as we have seen every expansion, is that one person eventually stops taking care of the post and it becomes an eye-sore.

/s/and/an
Edited by Las on 6/19/2012 11:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Yes Las,
I am familiar with the wowpedia forums. In my opinion, they are just as out of date and most of the links are broken. For example, only one guild has actually raided Dragon Soul as a 25M guild, yet 10 are listed. I maintain that one passionate person can do just as well as one million collectively apathetic.

Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Yes Las,
I am familiar with the wowpedia forums. In my opinion, they are just as out of date and most of the links are broken. For example, only one guild has actually raided Dragon Soul as a 25M guild, yet 10 are listed. I maintain that one passionate person can do just as well as one million collectively apathetic.

a) Wowpedia is not a forum site but a collection of community created/maintained pages. There is quite a bit difference between the two.

b) The Silvermoon Page has been revamped in preparation for MoP and any guilds that do not update existing entries (contact/type/notes) prior to data should have those fields blanked out.

c) Like I've said countless times, this sort of forum thread seems like such a good idea at the start, but in six months or a year, it's going to be abandoned. If people were really interested in maintaining up to date info, they would put it in a format that allowed multiple editors. They would spend the five or ten minutes necessary to setup a WoWpedia account and learn the basics of editing content there. They wouldn't insist that a tried and failed method will work long term. Perhaps those who kick off the posts promising to update it are more interested in the accolades and fame that come from being the one that "keeps the information".

Your time would be better spent taking the information people provide to this post and any others like it and updating the Silvermoon page on Wowpedia.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Mage
Barotar is volunteering his time to do a service for the Silvermoon community...Why you gotta be hatin'??? >=/ If he says he'll keep it updated he will.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
06/21/2012 12:33 AMPosted by Supersqueeze
Barotar is volunteering his time to do a service for the Silvermoon community...Why you gotta be hatin'??? >=/ If he says he'll keep it updated he will.

^

Plus what harm is it? if it stay up to date (as i feel & hope it will) then Awesome! if it doesn't.. the world will end! For reals.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]