Happy About Changes to PvP in MoP

87 Night Elf Druid
Did the game have knockbacks at the time for BRM pvp?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Hehe, nah. No insta wins, just good clean fights until mind control got cast. MC back then also let you talk to the opponent before throwing them off the edge and with no diminishing returns (could keep casting it). Just pure dps and healing with LoS until someone fell and you only had to watch out for mages and warlocks with succubi or a rogue when out of combat. But only with kidney strike and hand of justice were you ever CCd 100%-0.

I miss finding the same guy who pnwd me in the last game or flying off to find them in another zone. Or hearing a famous name announced in general chat and hearing cheers as you knew the tables could finally turn.
Getting tired of raiding Org for wpvp and miss the 4-5 man town camps that we'rent just mass zergs end to end. I miss seeing about 30 heads pop up from over the road by Tarren Mill and South Shore.

I'm looking forward to the changes in MoP. They sound the most positive in any expansion so far for wpvp. I'd like the rank system to return just for world pvp or server only bg/arena and get back the grudge guilds.
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Druid
Ya I think its more fun when the fights aren't giant zergfests. Small fights are always the best imo but yeah BRM pvp definitely sounds like alot of fun.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Back then, we had mage bombs.

We would drop down ranged AOE on the small opening in front of the BRM door-- sometimes holding as many as three entire guilds from pushing through this bottle neck.

Then, when it looked like they were about to try and make a legitimate push through the bottle neck, 9 or 10 mages would blink to the bottle neck and start AOEING.

Today, the equivalent of this tactic is 9 or 10 warriors blade storming. But, unfortunately, there are no great bottlenecks as perfect as BRM's was.

We use to lol RP,

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS"

And allude to the idea that we were "300" holding the hot gates. "THIS IS SPARTA!!!"
Edited by Invictus on 6/13/2012 8:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
One word, 69 letters - Black Market Auction House.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Very much looking forward to those bridges on top of the mountains...that'll be a nice spot for our band of friendly undead rogues to have a lot of fun. Maybe a stealthed druid with typhoon :D
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
Either way. . . . I really hope to get away from this current world of queue craft that we all currently play in.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I'LL DRINK TO THAT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Mage
06/14/2012 07:40 AMPosted by Phooze
I'LL DRINK TO THAT

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y223/invictus13/cheers-from-Japan-1.jpg

06/13/2012 09:55 PMPosted by Deziil
Black Market Auction House.

You know what would be REALLY cool for the BMAH also? This:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5826412696
Edited by Invictus on 6/14/2012 7:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]