@ alliance

when will you hit garrosh at a reasonable time of day? :/
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
^
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Never because they know they'll never get their mounts that way.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Well. One group tried, but we didn't quite have enough people and the NPCs were like OH HI LET US SING YOU THE SONG OF OUR PEOPLE and there were summoned dudes everywhere and dangit I still need Garrosh. >:|

Garrosh and friends just seem way tougher than King Huge McPonytail.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
06/10/2012 09:52 PMPosted by Novikova
than King Huge McPonytail.

LOL!!
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Probably never.
Reply Quote
Pro tip, have your first manz in kill the civie NPC's and they wont spawn 2 elite guards per person. Might help.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
OH HI LET US SING YOU THE SONG OF OUR PEOPLE.

You're so cute, Novi. :-)

Anyway, I think this thread is here more for the point of everyone wanting more world PVP. Come on, you all know we miss it on both sides. So the ninja stuff when nobody is on isn't fun for anyone, really. It's PVE at that point.

Hey, at least Garrosh becomes a world boss in the future! *wink* Then we can ALL exact our revenge on him!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
the allies simply don't bring enough serious people from what i have seen.

Garrosh is about as tough as King Wyrn and the worgen king guy combine. When the horde first killed them, it was during peak hours yes, but the two main guilds running it where EP and AAO which have most of the best players horde side for pvp and pve (not that their weren't other good players from other guilds but you get my point). Also we had about 80 players.

so as far as i know the alliance haven't organized any thing on that scale for this yet.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Don't make me break out the broken seven year old night elf hunter photocopier. I could start cutting coupons and buy enough toner from Goblinmax Office supply store to raise an army of night elf hunters. The simultaneous bouncing event from them surrounding Orgrimmar wouldn't be good for anyone!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
.... yeah, I think that much bouncing would cause another Cataclysm-size earthquake.

Or just lag everyone out. ^_^
Reply Quote
to sum up for Torage

...the alliance haven't organized...

It's hard to compare a couple of people dedicated to world pvp with connections to a lot of very solid players leading a large, pre-organized raid against an unsuspecting population (even if it is during peek hours) to a couple of people forming raids in trade chat where the opposite faction has wind of the assault in advance with enough time to get a counter moving.

Obviously I am not speaking of every attempt. There have been some really great runs made that stopped short of Org. But if you want to do something during peak play (that's also not near the end of an expansion where gear has scaled and the faction leaders have not) you have to plan in advance. This is assuming that making actual pvp a possibility is your goal. But if you just want a tank and spank and only kill NPCs, well...cheers.

...just don't expect pats on the back from everyone for a job well done. My little brother can beat a piñata until it breaks too.

-Duke
Edited by Dukago on 6/18/2012 4:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
But that pinata was armed! TO THE TEETH. He had a plethora of weapons and a look in his eyes that dared you to swing that stick. Go on. Make his day. Are you feeling LUCKY?

You don't know fear until you see a cute, multicolored donkey with an enrage timer and a willingness to shiv YOU for the delicious candy we must surely be full of. That's an orc pinata. And it knows I'm full of Starbursts and Skittles.

... actually, I'm glad I made people smile. :D And it is my fault for diving in with a pug at peak play time. I'll get that darn bear mount one of these days. I can't fuss too much, honestly. I'm sure whatsherface with the bouncing and quantum hair must be a bear of a boss to get to, too. Either that or just wait a few months for her to get knee problems from the high heels. My toesies hurt just thinking about it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
No no, THIS is the reason why Org is so hard to take...

http://youtu.be/8ync-5K1-Eo

It's true Novi. Rainbow pinatas are indeed evil.

(PS - I cracked up so hard at that vid. I am too easily entertained. ^_^)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
OMFG that video made beer come out my nose.

but srsly the skulls of the vanquished is all i ever wanted... maybe the baked potato too.
Edited by Torage on 6/18/2012 10:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
i just get a little tired of:
"undercity is under attack!" x30
"thunderbluff is under attack!" x30
..ok we finally got a defense raid!
"silvermoon city is under attack!" x30
of course SMC is dead by the time we get there.

org is left, world pvp now?
lets see the army march through org sounding the drums of war and excitement? :O
nope, jk the alliance went home, they'll hit org later when no one is on.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
i just get a little tired of:
"undercity is under attack!" x30
"thunderbluff is under attack!" x30
..ok we finally got a defense raid!
"silvermoon city is under attack!" x30
of course SMC is dead by the time we get there.

That's just because of the centralization around Stormwind and Orgrimmar. Alliance have (or had, I should say) the same problem defending Darnassus and Exodar--show's over by teh time you arrive. Only notable difference is comparing Ironforge to Thunder Bluff.

org is left, world pvp now?
lets see the army march through org sounding the drums of war and excitement? :O
nope, jk the alliance went home, they'll hit org later when no one is on.

Can't say as I blame them; they're after the achievement and the mounts, not glorious pvp battles.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
...not sure why you want pvp mounts if you don't want pvp battles...?

Guess that doesn't make much sense to me.

Anyway Torage... no no you have it wrong. It's all about the dill pickle.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
I imagine there's a portion of the population that wants to get PvP mounts and things with the least amount of effort. Large PvP battles are more of a hassle for them so they plan around it really.

Now if people were waiting that late at night for them and caught them as they went in to the city to finish, that's be interesting. You wouldn't get much of a battle though cause once they'd wipe they'd most likely wait for another time when nobody is around.

In a sense you could argue they're using a tactical advantage of some kind even though it might be thought of as rather a cheap way to do it.
Edited by Nim on 6/19/2012 3:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
It is. There's nothing really 'tactical' other than 'hey let's plan to PVE to get a PVP mount'. To me, that's boring. I can't imagine trying to go about it that way. It defeats the purpose behind getting a PVP mount and achievement in the first place.

I really, really hope more people band together and keep trying to fight against *actual* opponents - they won't get any better at it until they continuously fight back. There are too many out there that give up too quickly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]