Ideas for guild activities/contests

90 Troll Druid
Hello, i'm looking for more ideas on contests and activities we can run in our guild. The only ideas we seem to be drumming up are things like raffles, dueling contests, transmog contests. I'm looking for something a little newer and more innovative that guildies of all levels can do. We are just trying to ride out the last of this expansion while still having fun.

Thanks,
Jadenwind
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Off the top of my head:

- Timed Competition Runs ~ as an example, two or three teams of 4 people (with another in the group purely in a judicial capacity and doesn't participate) and the first to kill boss "X" (like Prince Malchezaar in Karazhan) wins.

- Naked Marathons ~ no gear, no mounts, no hearthstones... preset portals (like the ones in Dalaran and Shattrath) are fine. Go from designated starting location to designated ending location. Judges of course fly above the race to keep track of everyone and are spaced out along the race route.

- Scavenger Hunt ~ Anything obscure or objective type screenshots submitted to judge(s) as people collect/locate them. If you feel particularly feisty, put clues into a riddle format (like "Off the east coast of the Hinterlands, someone has lost a luncheon item. Who was it?" and you'd have to take a screenshot next to Lard in Hinterlands). Other examples: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5149542775
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
oh I'm loving the Naked Marathon one.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
Boredalt made a really awesome Scavenger Hunt game, that i was able to test for him. if you want i can contact him and get it. if you want to check it out.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I would so be down with this. Timed Runs, Naked Marathons, Scavenger Hunts oh my =D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
These are things I've put together for my guild at one point or another. They're fun to plan. Participants have a blast and judges do too.

Especially watching marathon runners streaking through a terrible zone (at lvl 80 Icecrown and 85 Hyjal) while dragging half the NPC mobs in the zone after them... and they hurt without gear on XD

Also done it as a level 1 alt marathon that I had start at Org and end in Gadgetzan (before the flood). Leveling happened from "zone discoveries" so it was amusing to watch and listen to in vent.

If you want or need help with anything, let me know. If anyone else is interested as well, I may be able to be persuaded into hosting something for the server as well... but I'd need volunteers to help pull it off.
Edited by Amilee on 6/14/2012 12:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
These are some great ideas! I am currently working on a scavenger hunt, and I adore the idea of naked marathons! We've been doing raffles and little games here and there and the guildies seem to love it. I'm keeping busy coming up with prizes and more ideas. I'm grateful to have a great group who we can chill with.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I also remember reading somewhere that some guilds were playing "darts" which includes getting naked and jumping off a cliff and trying to land on someones corpse. The fun that the end of an expansion brings !
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
@Amilee, I would totally help! If anyone here needs a strong female orc hand, add me in game. Battletag Kirjava#1593
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Tell me more about these Horde Naked Marathons. I will be sure to attend.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Wow, I have to say: make sure that everyone is on board with the scavenger hunt, we had a decent amount interested but hardly anyone did it. As it stands now it looks like most of the prizes will end up going to one person. Talk about a fail on my part. I have the lists and rules still made up if any GMs want to take a peek and maybe adapt it to make it work for them.

Jaden
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Hi, i would like to do the race for my guild at the darkmoon fair. can you provide more details on how we can accomplish this? or direct me to a place where i can learn?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
06/17/2012 12:44 AMPosted by Urivial
Tell me more about these Horde Naked Marathons. I will be sure to attend.

so he can TOUCH US
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Thanks for the tip, attention !@#$%!

Or not actually, since you're on a nobody alt...

But you did save me from having to dig this up just now, was very convenient to find it at the top. So I'll actually honestly thank you.
Edited by Amilee on 8/30/2012 1:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I lol'd
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Hunter
I would like to see an army of level 1 Tauren vs. an army of level 1 Gnomes. Unfortunately you know some high levels would come through and wreck this.

This being said, you should creat as many level 1 Taurens as you can and march them to Stormwind for a dance party/BBQ. Have a competition... first Tauren that makes it to Varian wins a prize of some sort.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Raffle for a darkmoon card
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I would like to take a look at those rules and regs

Wow, I have to say: make sure that everyone is on board with the scavenger hunt, we had a decent amount interested but hardly anyone did it. As it stands now it looks like most of the prizes will end up going to one person. Talk about a fail on my part. I have the lists and rules still made up if any GMs want to take a peek and maybe adapt it to make it work for them.

Jaden

I would love to take a look at those sir..
Reply Quote
96 Human Priest
The last time I remember events like these was in vanilla with the Ironforge Regiment. I won some greens through a raffle they did!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]