Dear Blizzard - merge us before its too late

90 Blood Elf Priest
First a disclaimer- Yes I know this is a long post. Yes I know there are other threads. Yes I know certain trolls will just post here to see themselves talk and to derail the thread. I don't really care. Most of the server is now asking for change with only one or two dissenters. For a business to cherry pick their feedback and make decisions based on what a small minority says or does.. well... that's just not smart. Neither is deleting threads like this one (as you have done with others in the past). I am giving you this feedback in the hopes that you will listen and continue to grow as a company.

Anyways...

Dear Blizzard:

Let me start off by saying that you made a good game. It was innovative for the time. You continue to make changes and updates to keep things fresh and relevant, but most of the major problems that have plagued this game since vanilla still exist. Your current model is a step in the right direction but your product is still getting up there in years. Graphics are painfully out of date. Customer service is still unreliable, particularly with regards to players who are being harassed/abused because of gender, race or sexuality. Players are still punished for small mistakes (like misdistribution of loot). You charge WAY too much for subscriptions based on your overall cost of running. Your business model itself is out of date.

Just like any game that is getting up there in years, your subscritions are starting to wane. Sure, a lot of people are still playing. That does not mean that we will forever. I think you know that, which is why you tempted us with a free sparkle pony and free Diablo III in exchange for the year contract. You clearly wanted us to stick with you long enough for your next product to hit the shelves. When that offer went out, I mistakenly thought you were scared of losing people to Star Wars. I was wrong in that regard. I now know what you are scared of. Guild Wars 2.

After playing their beta weekend.. well.. I'm sorry to say this Blizzard but you are in deep trouble. I've seen a lot of the Panda beta now and.. well.. you aren't offering jack compared to that game. Unfinished, buggy and lagging from the fact that it is a beta, it offered levels of complexity and a flexibility of play style that I have never seen in an mmo before. The options for play style, the rewards, the business model, the graphics.. you have strong competition about to hit the market.

I intend to keep playing WoW... not because I enjoy the game but because I enjoy the people here. As a GM of a raiding guild (the only thing I still find rewarding in this game) I have struggled to fill my ranks as this server's population shrank. Any GM or recruiter here can tell you that when Star Wars hit, it hurt. 10 man guilds in particular got shat on as we have an overall smaller roster and smaller bench. Now, a highly polished mmo is coming out with all the bells and whistles that many of us gamers have dreamed of for years. You WILL lose people to that game and it will be those of us who stay with you who lose out the most.

Detheroc simply cannot afford to lose more people right now. I know that you want us to pay to transfer. That simply isn't an option for most of us. It's expensive and, quite frankly, unreasonable. What will happen is even more people will quit because they are so frustrated with the game. I'm sorry to break it to you, but it's true. So do the right thing already- merge us. Merge us with another low pop realm and solve someone else's problems too while you are at it. Do it before MoP and GW II hit, so the communities can get to know each other and guilds can solidify their ranks before the expansion.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
It would be really awesome to see a server merge but it seems really unlikely. Even if it were to occur it wouldn`t happen until MoP which would be really awkward.

Seeing it happen like a month or two before MoP would be great, like you said it would allow the communities to get to know eachother and allow a decent amount of recruiting before the first tier hits.

Currently the server is completely dead on any other day than tuesday, but I blame Diablo 3 for that.
Edited by Kylops on 6/12/2012 4:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Expecting us to wait for MoP for promised changes is, quite frankly, stupid and insulting. We pay a subscription fee in addition to the cost of the game. Their current stance of "wait for MoP" is nothing more than dressed up "give us more money" bull feces. There is no guarantee that they will fix the problem. There is no guarantee that the fix, if it happens, will come in time to salvage this server.

There are several 10 man guilds on this server who cleared normal early and were on track to kill HM deathwing months ago... every one of us was held up by recruiting issues. Replacing even ONE raider takes months... and that's just horde side. Recruitment has become a full time job for those of us doing it. That is unacceptable. Their current stance is impeding our ability to enjoy and play the game that we PAY to play and enjoy.

People are fed up right now with the product they are currently offering. If we are not happy as consumers, we become less likely to give that same company money in the future. Blizzard seems to have forgotten this.
Edited by Arithia on 6/12/2012 5:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree with everything you said, and those reasons and more are why we xfered to Stormreaver. The biggest push for me was all that time Bliz blue posters were stating that they had big plans in store to balance out the server pops and faction balances and then reveal the big plan was cross realm leveling zones which for us raiding guilds doesn't help. And also being someone signed up on the annual pass and running a late night raiding guild (12am to 3am server) recruitment just became impossible. It's pretty sad that the only thing I was looking forward to every month was the darkmoon fair since loot Tuesday night was sit in Org and get bored of bgs night (I picked up over 30k hks in tier 13 alone). $25 to xfer was looking less like an expense and more like an investment towards just being able to do the stuff that I want to do during the odd hours I play. I do hope Bliz does something to help the server, but I don't think they have any plans to, which sucks considering they just merged some servers in China and Korea but haven't done anything for the US and EU.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Sadly that server transfer fee just isn't an option for some of my raiders. Many are college students squeaking by while they work on graduate degrees and that $25 represents a lot of meals. From talking to GMs of other guilds, this seems to be the case for most of us still remaining. In this economy, money doesn't grow on trees - again, Bliz seems to have forgotten this.

I hope you all are doing well on Stormreaver, but I'm always sad when more people leave Droc. The server will just keep hemmoraging until there is nothing left but those of us who cannot afford to move... or refuse to give Bliz any more money.

In their eternal quest to squeeze more out of us, they are just going to lose customers. I really don't understand why they cannot see this.
Edited by Arithia on 6/14/2012 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Exactly, Blizzard please merge servers. Your little idea of cross realm leveling does not fix raiding guilds, and lfr is not a good alternative to progression focused raiding.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I don't think their customer service is that unreliable, at least speaking from a ban/hack/bug/glitch/question point of view. Aside from the unbearably long wait time (which when you have some 10 million subscribers isn't that long) it seems fine to me. But then again, I'm not looking at verbal abuse problems, etc.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Netease runs the operations in China. If they do server merges that has no real bearing on what blizzard would do here, since different businesses run differently. So when players are saying that its not fair that blizzard merges China realms but not US/EU - its rather a false statement to what is truly going on. China has over 400 servers and only 12 of them were changed compared to what blizzard has in the EU/US combined.

Again I still argue the fact no matter the population of the server - people that are struggling with content on detheroc when there guild's were active , will continue to struggle if the population was medium. Top players will move onto higher guilds in the server while the low rated players will continue to struggle. Its a vicious but true cycle.

Instead of complaining to blizzard about how your server sucks you have a few duties you should be doing for your guild:

If I was a GM of a respected guild I would try to do the following :

1. Ask other Gm's if they would be interested in going a 2 guild run or borrow players from other guilds.

2. Talk about MERGING guilds in the server, though this can be stressful and will leave some players out of the loop but hopefully you would be gainging

During my down times, I was helping a few guild's here and there heal / tank / dps whatever they needed. I'm sure other players would want to help other top gulids raid if they could stay in whatever current guild they are in.

Either man up to the facts and start something new or leave the server.

- dealing with the fact you are low income and can not afford to leave the server here is some helpful tips as well.

1. Stop playing wow
1a. if you are 1 year agreement with wow , you have d3, sale some !@#$ty gold items till you have earned enough money to leave the server
2. If you can stop playing wow, get a part time job to fill the void of logging on and doing nothing.
3. Hustle some %^-* at a pawn shop till you get money to xfere
4. Start a new toon for MOP on another server - if you are truly blessed with the golden wow fingers, you can easily find a 8/8 hm guild to play with even if you have !@#$ty gear. MOST GUILDS ARE RECRUITING FOR MOP AND NOT FOR CURRENT CONTENT!!!

You can act like these are troll statements, you can ignore it , you can ignore me but when I say that things are not going to get any better, its true. Do your part as a raider and do what you need to do to raid. Talk within your community and do something. Don't beg blizzard to fix what you are lacking.

Love u alll -
Scrogglez

edit: I love this server and I'd be happy if it was higher populated and higher seeded as a progression server but telling blizzard something they already know is not going to change anything.
Edited by Qqshamanheal on 6/14/2012 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
There are actually a decent amount of players its just so many are spread out between all the little 10 man guilds that can`t really pool together enough to raid. The amount of dead/half dead 10 man guilds are enough to make a pretty decent 25 man guild. Merging guilds or collaberating together would be interesting. The only issue is that often the skill of the players may not be up to par.

But that doesn`t matter since 25 mans are easy.
Edited by Kylops on 6/14/2012 5:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
06/14/2012 05:06 PMPosted by Kylops
But that doesn`t matter since 25 mans are easy.

Glad we finally agree on something :)

Might want to keep your children on a shorter leash, though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Snip of extremely condescending, irrelevant trolling from a player who was 4/8 HM before he was carried by his current guild and therefore has no right to insult the progression of other guilds

With all due respect to some of the very polite, intelligent people of SEVEN that have posted in this thread, QQ, you represent the choices that every guild on this server currently faces as a reality in order to keep raiding. Either we lower our standards and allow disruptive, childish elements onto our roster to keep playing, snipe players from other guilds (which is disrespectful as you certainly wouldn't want that to happen to yours) or we make do with what we have and hope that Blizzard has sense enough in their heads to fix a very real problem that you are too busy being contrary to admit exists.

Suggesting someone pawn stuff for a server transfer? Really? Are you THAT desperate for attention little man? Kylops, with all due respect, I sincerely hope SEVEN reconsiders THAT particular aquisition to it's roster.
Edited by Arithia on 6/15/2012 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I don't think Blizzard charges "WAY too much" as you put it.
$15. That's 2.08 cents an hour.
I understand that all of us don't have 2 cents to play each hour (not really, i lol'd irl typing that). Besides when you compare WoW subscription vs. console games, WoW is cheaper by a landslide. And I think I speak for all of us when I say that WoW is cheaper than "free to play" games.

I do admit that I'd like to see better graphics in this game.

About the Guild Wars 2 thing, that's merely your opinion, which is great that you found something you like more, but do keep in mind, there were people with the same mindset about Star Wars. They loved Star Wars, and thought it was going to be a WoW killer, while the vast majority saw it as a flop.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
06/14/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Zoduras
I don't think their customer service is that unreliable, at least speaking from a ban/hack/bug/glitch/question point of view. Aside from the unbearably long wait time (which when you have some 10 million subscribers isn't that long) it seems fine to me. But then again, I'm not looking at verbal abuse problems, etc.

From the bug/glitch/question end, there are still issues. You know that bug that dcs you when you hit a corner of the terrain? Blizzard flat out denied it existed for some time before they were forced to admit it was intentional on their part to counter gold farmers that were slipping underneath the terrain. This bug is triggered by various terrains inside of raid instances, causing people to DC during encounters and occasionally causing loot to become unavailable to that player. A ticket will not resolve this problem. All in all, poor communication, poor problem solving and even more poor customer service to punish players for hitting an intentional glitch designed to punish those not playing the game as it is meant.

As for harassment issues, there has been legal hooplah regarding which words are offensive in the language filter. '!@#$%^-*!@' is a filtered "offensive" word and several lgbt guilds encountered bans when trying to advertise a safe, non discriminatory environment. (It is still being filtered, despite Blizzard promises to the contrary. Most people should be able to figure out what I'm saying even with thier filter, however.)

Ladies who have been sexually harassed in game have encountered GMs who in their INFINITE wisdom have asked "what did you do to encourage the behavior?". While examples like this are the exception and not the rule, it still indicates serious customer sservice issues and poor GM training.
Edited by Arithia on 6/15/2012 1:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I don't think Blizzard charges "WAY too much" as you put it.
$15. That's 2.08 cents an hour.
I understand that all of us don't have 2 cents to play each hour (not really, i lol'd irl typing that). Besides when you compare WoW subscription vs. console games, WoW is cheaper by a landslide. And I think I speak for all of us when I say that WoW is cheaper than "free to play" games.

I do admit that I'd like to see better graphics in this game.

About the Guild Wars 2 thing, that's merely your opinion, which is great that you found something you like more, but do keep in mind, there were people with the same mindset about Star Wars. They loved Star Wars, and thought it was going to be a WoW killer, while the vast majority saw it as a flop.

That's not my point, sunshine. I'm not saying it's going to be a WoW killer- but that it will be pulling people away from the game in general. On a server like ours, even small losses can be crippling.

As for their subscription fee, are you even aware of what their business reports to their shareholders are?
Edited by Arithia on 6/15/2012 1:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
I get that terrain DC glitch all the time. The worst is on spine shadowstepping the exploding amalg then dcing :).

Im really hoping the release of MoP will bring back alot of the good oldscool raiders. What we are experiencing now I really don`t think will last, its the end of an expansion and the end of an awful raid not many feel too thrilled about running.

It is unfortunate that within the last few months so many guilds have transfered off. Really all we can do at this point is try to survive until MoP and hope it brings back new players. But even if MoP doesn`t bring alot of people back the worst case scenario is we have to lower our recruitment standards, but I really hope it doesn`t come to that.
Edited by Kylops on 6/15/2012 1:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

But even if MoP doesn`t bring alot of people back the worst case scenario is we have to lower our recruitment standards, but I really hope it doesn`t come to that.

No offense sir, but you already have. As Tase put it, please consider keeping your children on a shorter leash.
Edited by Arithia on 6/15/2012 1:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
06/15/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Arithia
With all due respect to some of the very polite, intelligent people of SEVEN that have posted in this thread, QQ, you represent the choices that every guild on this server currently faces as a reality in order to keep raiding. Either we lower our standards and allow disruptive, childish elements onto our roster to keep playing, snipe players from other guilds (which is disrespectful as you certainly wouldn't want that to happen to yours) or we make do with what we have and hope that Blizzard has sense enough in their heads to fix a very real problem that you are too busy being contrary to admit exists.

Not disagreeing with you at all. The only problem I can see *if* Blizzard did something to help server health is, what would prevent it from happening all over again? We could get a merger or free transfers, but that doesn't mean that people can/won't leave again to go to another server putting us back where we are now.

Guild recruitment on our server isn't the greatest for many factors, most people don't want to leave their guilds to go raid so it's either as you mentioned, recruit disruptive people for the sake of raiding, borrow players from other guilds, or hope you can eventually recruit at least 10 players to start raiding.

After about I think 2-3 weeks of clearing Madness many of our players decided they were done with Dragon Soul (and I don't blame them, the instance was lackluster to say the least). So it was either attempt to recruit what very little was left on the server or keep going with the very few and pug. It just got to the point to where it was easier to call it quits and hope the expansion brings in new blood.

To those who are still trying to raid I have to commend you for being able to keep going at it this long and that you are able to keep players interest in this raid that most found not entertaining. I can't even do a LFR without getting bored and just wanting to fall asleep, Firelands was at least a little more entertaining (to me at least) than this current raid is.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Seeing how I only posted things that will improve the server instead of ruining it with your (wo)man-man babies crying about server population and how hard it is to complete this tier of raiding.

If i was indeed being carried in SEVEN , I would of been replaced by the other 3-5 people sitting out weekly for raid spots. The fact is , even though I poke fun at all of you cry babies , I play this game well enough to raid in a top 10 "10-man" US guild (top 100 US raiding) as a Mage and I played in a top 500 guild briefly as a resto druid (all this content) - I don't limit myself to just one server or one guild. I try my best to play with the best, seeing how I've been wanting to raid with seven for months but I kept with prowlers because they needed me more - I stayed with them. There are a lot of players that know me for me, I do like to troll and when I troll you, its not because I am a retarded kid that lives in the basement, its merely me poking fun at when you find hard.

When I posted my thoughts in this thread - they were true and not trolling. I love detheroc as a server and do wish it well.

also with you saying :

Suggesting someone pawn stuff for a server transfer? Really? Are you THAT desperate for attention little man? Kylops, with all due respect, I sincerely hope SEVEN reconsiders THAT particular aquisition to it's roster.

Well if you want to consider to keep playing wow and leave the server but can not afford it, how would you suggest someone get money fast to leave? That was not a "desperate for attention" suggestion, it was a real suggestion.

Try to work on you guild members not gquiting for better guilds bad wolf - you might find that being nice to your good raiders will keep guild progression better and you won't fall behind when the !@#$ hits the fan.

Sorry if you get butt hurt when I post anything mature and start to foam at the mouth yelling " TROLL TROLL TROLL!!! "

Love u all
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
At this point I think the most important thing we can do for this server is keep our respective guilds alive. When more players return to the game we are going to need to be here to recruit and keep them interested in the game. If even more guilds are gone before mop releases, returning players might get turned off and re roll elsewhere.

In my opinion I don't think detheroc will receive a merge before mop releases or ever. So it's up to us to convince others into thinking this server isn't complete crap
Edited by Kylops on 6/17/2012 6:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]