So i bought starter to cata upgrade

(Locked)

85 Human Warrior
i bought it yesterday and played and got to lvl 25 no problem
i log on today not gaining any exp. i tried to use the auction house and it says im still under the starter edition.

do i have to take off the starter edition dl and redownload the whole thing again?

Game Time

Source: Free Month

Expires: 7/12/2012 5:33 PM

just though id add this in here and i am logging under the WoW1
Edited by Mitchy on 6/13/2012 6:55 PM PDT
100 Draenei Shaman
It will take up to 72 hours for ALL of the resctrictions to be removed, so you have a little longer. keep checking the HA and i tiwll eventualy allow you by the time the 72 hours is up.

As for the not gaining Xp.

If the quest in your log is GREY, it is too low level for you now.. you want one that is Orange, yellow or green.
85 Human Warrior
so they let me play the game fully after i bought it then took it off today?
85 Worgen Death Knight
06/13/2012 07:01 PMPosted by Mitchy

If you weren't restricted before but are now then it sounds like there may have been an issue with payment causing them to revert your account until that is resolved.
100 Draenei Shaman
No, they did not take it off.

It says when your upgrading, that it will take the 72 hours.. those features may come and go, but by the time its over, everything will be there and fine.
85 Human Warrior

If you weren't restricted before but are now then it sounds like there may have been an issue with payment causing them to revert your account until that is resolved.

well the payment is still pending on my bank that could be it.

@Reenela

good thats what i like to hear
Edited by Mitchy on 6/13/2012 7:07 PM PDT
85 Human Warrior
well its been 72 hours and it still states im under starter edition. so im guessing the starter to cata upgrade doesnt come with a free 1 month sub.
im wonder if this is true or not

i DID get a email saying the process was successful that i bought it
Edited by Mitchy on 6/15/2012 1:57 PM PDT
Support Forum Agent
well its been 72 hours and it still states im under starter edition. so im guessing the starter to cata upgrade doesnt come with a free 1 month sub.
im wonder if this is true or not

i DID get a email saying the process was successful that i bought it

Are you talking about the account you are posting under here? If so - it was upgraded because you are above the level 20 cap.

If not, can you give me a character name/realm on the account in question.
85 Human Warrior
yes im talking about the acct im on now. i got to play it fully when i just ordered it.
the next day came around all that got taking away and ive waited the 72 hours.
but still i cant use the ah trade or invite anyone to a party

charc name is Mitchy and my realm is rexxar
Edited by Mitchy on 6/15/2012 8:07 PM PDT
85 Human Warrior
http://i46.tinypic.com/6i60yx.png

this is proof my lvl 25 cant invite or trade anyone
85 Human Warrior
day 4 still cant do anything
i got a game key on my receipt i try to enter it in under the game management Activate Game Key. and it says error the game key you entered can not be claimed
84 Undead Warrior
Exactly the same issue here. Created a starter edition on Wednesday and upgraded to Cataclysm on the same day. I'm now level 30 and I'm still unable to group with my friends.

looking at my name to the left of this text box though, it's saying I'm level 20... When I look at my character on the armoury it's up to date, showing that I'm level 30. What's the deal here?
85 Human Warrior
Exactly the same issue here. Created a starter edition on Wednesday and upgraded to Cataclysm on the same day. I'm now level 30 and I'm still unable to group with my friends.

looking at my name to the left of this text box though, it's saying I'm level 20... When I look at my character on the armoury it's up to date, showing that I'm level 30. What's the deal here?

lol it sucks :( go to your trasaction history/order history. what does is say about the status
84 Undead Warrior
It says:
Starter Edition to Cataclysm (Digital Purchase) $49.99 USD 1 Queued $49.99 USD

But I presume that's because on my WoW game management page it says:

Game Time
Source: Free Month
Expires: 7/13/2012 9:37 PM

Does this mean it'll be a month before I can play with my friends?
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Rogue
What was your payment method?

No, it should clear up once the payment finalizes. 72 hours is usually the time, some banks or paypal might take longer to process the charge, but once it finalizes you should be good to go.
100 Human Warlock
The free month comes from the game being upgraded to a regular account. You'd have to call Billing when they are open to find out what is queued.
85 Human Warrior
What was your payment method?

No, it should clear up once the payment finalizes. 72 hours is usually the time, some banks or paypal might take longer to process the charge, but once it finalizes you should be good to go.

i bought it via debit card. i check my bank statements and it says it went through. i do have a cd i can enter when i try to upgrade but when i enter it i have an error. my order status is queued tho zz
Edited by Mitchy on 6/16/2012 6:51 AM PDT
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Troll Rogue
06/16/2012 06:51 AMPosted by Mitchy
i bought it via debit card. i check my bank statements and it says it went through

There is a line between "Going Through" or pending, and being finalized, my bank lists it online as "Posted". Until the payment is final, you will have these issues. You will get an email though when the card charge is finalized.

my order status is queued tho zz

That is a sign it is not completed also.
Edited by Kozzae on 6/16/2012 6:55 AM PDT
Support Forum Agent
Ok, small update.

I did go have a chat with the folks overseeing things - and yes, there does seem to be an issue with some of these finalizing. That's really the only thing these are waiting on, and I do apologize for the delay. Upgrades done on 6/12 and 13 are known to be impacted and of course those would be beyond, or getting to, the normal 72 hour unlock.

They are looking into getting this resolved as quickly as possible. Really nothing to do from your side. When this is resolved those restrictions will just disappear. Also, unfortunately, this isn't something contacting us would help resolve as there is no way for us to override those locked restrictions.
84 Undead Warrior
Thanks very much for the update. Much appreciated! :)
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]