Can't wait for MoP...

85 Undead Rogue
So all the baddies will leave to the new fotm
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
Or you could actually want our class to be in a GOOD place.
Don't get me wrong. It's nice to have fotm re-rollers leave, but to have them leave because the class currently sucks is not the way I think any of us would like it to happen.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I dont understand saying rogues are FoTM.

We are the least played class in Cata after locks....

People point to this high representation in PvP or something....that just means that good players know how to play rogues and make use of them.

You cant be FoTM and be the 2nd to least played class.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
I dont understand saying rogues are FoTM.

We are the least played class in Cata after locks....

People point to this high representation in PvP or something....that just means that good players know how to play rogues and make use of them.

You cant be FoTM and be the 2nd to least played class.

Those stats were posted preDS weren't they? We are the FOTM class because we have a class specific free weapon this tier and a class specific Legendary.
Edited by Záne on 6/14/2012 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Unfortunately, if they actually balance our damage to be effective in PvE as is, our rotation will be so absurdly easy we'll be completely inundated in stupid. I'm not going to fling around anything about rerolling, because I can't imagine myself doing that. But if anything were to come close to making me, that'd be it. Easily. These forums might get pretty colorful in the first few weeks of Mists.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Can't tell if OP is also FotM due to lack of achieves and completion dates, or legitimately is an old-fgt.

But yes, all of the rogues that came for their oranges will leave, and our complaint will actually be pertinent to the development of our class, and not sexually frustrated shamans/warriors/locks.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
06/14/2012 11:31 AMPosted by Záne
We are the FOTM class because we have a class specific free weapon this tier and a class specific Legendary.

So then in MoP we will go back and be the least played class this time (since all the lock changes)? Cause our legendaries wont mean crap at 90.

Has nothing to do with the class or the abilities...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Rogues are freaking incredible right now. The only limitations on our population is there wasn't a hell of a lot of warning about how great we'd be, so people who leveled up to join were late to the party. And there's also only so many rogues the raiding population can handle due to logistics; but from what I've heard we practically exploded all over PvP this season. If we aren't FotM I apparently don't know what FotM means.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Well, once DS opened up with Rogues getting legendaries we went from #1 least played to #2. I guess that's a sign of the FOTM switch. o.o
Edited by Knocrogue on 6/14/2012 12:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
ITT: FotM Rogue posting about how we're FotM
Reply Quote
91 Undead Rogue
Wanted to clarify something from my earlier post.
Or you could actually want our class to be in a GOOD place.
Don't get me wrong. It's nice to have fotm re-rollers leave, but to have them leave because the class currently sucks is not the way I think any of us would like it to happen.

"...because the class currently sucks..." That should say: ...because in MoP the class will be gutted, un-fun, and overall in an incredibly inferior state to where we are in Cata...

I was not implying that we are in a bad place now, or that we will be under-performing in MoP. The point was that the rogue community should be pulling for an increase in the enjoyability of this class not hoping for its downfall just to get rid of FotM re-rollers.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
06/14/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Ridinspinnaz
ITT: FotM Rogue posting about how we're FotM

nah just a casual bro that has always loved playing rogues

Just tired of this hard core cata pvp kids all up in my business
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Can anyone tell me what Fotm means?
Reply Quote
85 Undead Rogue
flavor of the month - ie, the class that has the highest skill floor and you can pretty much face roll to victory

another example is frost mage
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
I would say rogues are fotm for pvp. Burst damage is incredible and Is so Easy to hop in and dominate pvp random bg without much Gear.

We've never been most popular in pve for a few reasons. 1. Most people started playing rogues because of stealth. Stealth, not the most useful thing in pve. 2. (similar to 1) if you want to beat up on bosses at close range most people think of warriors, dks before rogues. 3. Playstyle in pve hasn't been all that different for awhile now. And it's also quite repetitive, combat especially. Sub is fun but not many people realize that. I do like combat though. 4. So much of pve damage is passive. For those who follow that, it can be depressing.

Now I myself love rogue pve, love the quickness of it. But many find it boring.
Reply Quote
PvP is infinitely more complex than PvE simply due to who you're fighting: a pre-programmed, predictable sequence or another person thinking and reacting in realtime. Both PvP and PvE require a high level of cooperation (when done correctly) and competence, but in terms of fast-paced decision-making, they are worlds apart.

Just my opinion.

That being said, MoP is slowing rogues down considerably. We're being robbed of important talents (prep vs. step) and loaded up with useless filler; Versatility and Shuriken Toss are a joke, especially at level effing 90.

Whether PvP or PvE is your shtick, if you're a rogue, you should already be disappointed in MoP.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Rogue
you know how sub plays right now?

in mop, it's basically combat, just a different name for your CP builder.

mutilate is slower than live, even considering the expected ratings change due to levelling.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Rogue
Beta means Beta.

this reminds me of my friend that had a cracked beta version of D3 and was saying how the game seemed lame and stuff.

Although the launch night, he texted and woke me up at 3 am just to let me know he was playing and how cool the game was.
Reply Quote
06/15/2012 03:59 PMPosted by Liadon
in mop, it's basically combat, just a different name for your CP builder.

You forgot the part where its just like combat except you need to be behind your target.

FLAVOR!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]