WoW freezes within 5 minutes on my new Mac?

90 Worgen Priest
So I just got this new mac yesterday and it keeps freezing within five minutes of me running WoW. It doesn't freeze for any other program other than WoW.

My mac has these features if it helps at all:
  • 13 inch MacBook Pro.
  • Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5.
  • Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3.
  • Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB.

I tried doing a repair disk utility all ready and that did not help at all. Any ideas on what could be going on? I thought I'd try this before I uninstalled and tried to completely reinstall WoW on it. Like I said, this is brand new as of yesterday so I'm a little frustrated. Any help I could get would be great and much appreciated, thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I also had to download WoW from the Internet because I didn't have my discs with me, if that helps at all either.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Is the launcher stating "World of Warcraft is up to date"?

Also, have you tried running the repair tool that is in the WoW folder and see if it helps?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
The bigger question is, have you run software update? The new macbook pros that just got released had major software updates already to address issues with stability as well as included updated video drivers.

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1542
Edited by Omegal on 6/14/2012 1:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Yes the launcher is saying that World or Warcraft is up to date and I have tried running the repair tool and it didn't help. I will try that Omegal, thank you.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Okay so I went to download it and it downloaded and then I went to open the file and it said that it was unable to open it because of an invalid checksum... Any ideas on what could be going on orrr what? If only apple could just get it right the first time, I wouldn't have this problem.

Would uninstalling WoW help, or is it a problem with the MacBook Pro and it's graphic stability?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
Okay, so I downloaded the thing that apple suggested, and WoW is still crashing. I tried lowering my graphics settings to see if that would help and it didn't. Any other suggestions?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
software update says nothing available?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
I clicked on the apple and clicked software update and I'm doing that. Is that what you mean?
Reply Quote
MVP - Technical Support
100 Human Warrior
06/15/2012 10:52 AMPosted by Fulton
I clicked on the apple and clicked software update and I'm doing that. Is that what you mean?

yes, does it find any needed updates or do you have them all and still experience problems?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Can you post the crash report?

Error logs can be found in Applications/World of Warcraft/Errors
*Make sure you remove your computer/user name from the report.

Also, did you install the game again or was this a restore/transfer time machine/migration assistant?
Reply Quote
67 Undead Mage
Hey I also have the same problem with my macbook. It's an Mac OS X version 10.6.8. IDK how to solve it.
Reply Quote
i am having the same problem and I am also using version 10.6.8
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]