I dont get the BoA for monks

85 Undead Warlock
I just don't get whats going on for the BoA for the monks. Everybody says different things and i just get more confused :( My main three questions are:

1. What can you buy the legs out of (legs are the new BoA item coming out in MoP)

2. Can monks dual wield, or they just have staffs and 1h offhand?

3. Will I have to use the rogue gear for monks or they coming out with a whole new set for monks themselves?

I know a lot of people have been asking about this, but if you know the answer i will be grateful to see the answer.
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
1. Heirloom legs are available from the guild vendor, I believe.
2. The DPS (windwalker, if memory serves) monks can. Mistweaver and Brewmaster can't.
3. Well they won't go back and retroactively add in tier gear and whatnot, if that's what you mean. You'll use leather with agility if you're a DPS monk, just like feral/guardian druids and rogues do.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Hiya Obliviation.

I'll try to answer your questions to the best of my abilities.

06/14/2012 01:26 PMPosted by Obliviatiön
1. What can you buy the legs out of (legs are the new BoA item coming out in MoP)

They're available from the guild vendor as of right now in the beta.
However, they don't require reputation. That may change.

Monks can dual weild as DPS or Tank. They can also use a staff.
Mistweavers can also use staves or mainhand/offhand.

3. Will I have to use the rogue gear for monks or they coming out with a whole new set for monks themselves?

Yes, similarly to how Enhancement Shaman use Hunter heirlooms. :)
For your healing spec, you'll use leather intellect gear.

An easier way to assess this is to think of yourself as a druid when it comes to heirlooms.
Except you can use swords.

Hope I helped. <3 If you've got any questions, let me know.
Edited by Novalas on 6/14/2012 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
currently in the beta:

1; BOA legs are currently sold by the guild vendor, but as it stands they require no guild rep. this will likely change.

2; monks can dual wield or use staves. there is a new BOA JP staff coming out with agility (which will also please people leveling hunters and druids). I've not played a mistweaver so i'm not sure about 1h/oh

3;monks will use the rogue gear or the caster leather gear. no new boa gear except for what i've already mentioned.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
Tyvm Cirno for your help, i was still wondering though what do you need to buy the leg guards out of like you need JP or honor for the JP now.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
haha so many replys :P ty everybody i was typing out my last response and then like 3 more replys came in :P
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
whoa whoa whoa

I CAN BUY BOA LEGS RIGHT NOW?
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
06/14/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Rüm
I assume the leather agi gear is what you'll be using for a monk tank that is leveling too, yes?

Far as I'm aware, yes. Though when it comes to weapons, its a bit harder to say. I believe the intent is for tank-monks to prefer staves and polearms, but there aren't any in-game (if this has changed, my bad. I haven't really done much with monks as I"m not really interested in playing one). I do recall hearing that there was a stave found in the files, but no sight of that yet otherwise.

06/14/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Obliviatiön
Tyvm Cirno for your help, i was still wondering though what do you need to buy the leg guards out of like you need JP or honor for the JP now.

No problem, glad to help.
Edited by Cirno on 6/14/2012 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
31 Blood Elf Hunter
I just don't get whats going on for the BoA for the monks. Everybody says different things and i just get more confused :( My main three questions are:

I know a lot of people have been asking about this, but if you know the answer i will be grateful to see the answer.

My monk I leveled to 66 has the caster leather BoA shoulders, chest, legs, helm, caster cloak, and the staff. The legs you buy from the guild vendor for gold.

Caster leather for mistwalker(heals), ag gear for dps and tank.
Edited by Tiramisu on 6/14/2012 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
whoa whoa whoa

Nope. Beta only as of right now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
whoa whoa whoa

thanks friend. i didnt want to miss the boat.
i have taken off so many times i often miss all sorts of things.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
whoa whoa whoa

Just about to log on, lol. Thanks for that info.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Is this leg heirloom related to guild level in the beta like the head and cloak? Or is everything still up in the air. I want to give my monk every advantage available to me and was curious as to my chances of getting one for my vanity guild.
Reply Quote
@ Cirno -
You are amazing.
Touhou ftw.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
06/16/2012 12:02 PMPosted by Casmir
Is this leg heirloom related to guild level in the beta like the head and cloak? Or is everything still up in the air. I want to give my monk every advantage available to me and was curious as to my chances of getting one for my vanity guild.

Hey Casmir.

They don't currently have a guild level requirement.
That's most likely going to change in the future though. ^^

Hope I helped. <3
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
06/16/2012 12:09 PMPosted by Novalas

Hey Casmir.

They don't currently have a guild level requirement.
That's most likely going to change in the future though. ^^

Hope I helped. <3

Very much actually. Thanks for the info.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]