What Keeps You On KT?

90 Night Elf Druid
07/24/2012 11:56 AMPosted by Blockchamp
^wut, G R A P E S is filtered... wut..

I love sour g#*%%s. They're also called mustang g#*%%s. Yum!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
07/24/2012 08:39 AMPosted by Calafas
You're so right. Thank you God for giving us Kirin Tor so we know to stay away from anyone in Darkness Within!

Why so mean.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
07/28/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Bc
You're so right. Thank you God for giving us Kirin Tor so we know to stay away from anyone in Darkness Within!

Why so mean.

http://i.qkme.me/355q29.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
08/01/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Tuonetar

I <3 ancient aliens.
Reply Quote
42 Human Mage
I rolled here because I thought it was an RP server, but there doesn't appear to be anybody rp'ing...By the time I figured out nobody actually does RP, I was already level 30 something and too invested in this toon to delete him and too poor to transfer him, so I guess I'm stuck here.

It's not so bad to be honest. At least here I can walk through SW without getting lagged and whatever Trade Chat there is is short and to the point without very much trolling or fighting going on.

And I don't have to fight people for quest mobs and stuff either, which is a nice break from my main realm, so I guess I'll stick around and if I can't find a decent RP guild or something by the time I'm max level I'll probably just suck it up and transfer to an RP realm that actually is an RP realm if there even are any.
Edited by Draeleon on 8/2/2012 5:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/01/2012 04:12 PMPosted by Bc

I <3 ancient aliens.

That crazy hair guy's pretty awesome too. c:

@ Draeleon: There's also hardcore pre-expac slump going on. People will probably come back once MoP drops.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Because it's home <3

This answer resonates with me. KT is home. I moved to Kil'Jaeden during WOTLK, but moved back after a few weeks. KT is "comfortable" in many ways.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Because it's home <3

This, this very reason. I have left the server recently (Brief visit to moon guard...) and I returned because its home. I had to leave to figure that out, but it's true. This is where my adventure began almost 7 years ago, and it's where my adventure is going to end. I've met wonderful people here, I've made some great real life friendships, and it's the one realm that no matter what, I always find myself playing on. My main toon lives on this server, and I plan on staying here for a very long time.
Reply Quote
34 Human Rogue
I stay for Calafas's sweet kaboose.. And all the memories on this toon.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
08/20/2012 01:17 AMPosted by Knivves
I stay for Calafas's sweet kaboose.. And all the memories on this toon.

It is a pretty sweet bum.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Hello ladies.

I'm heavily invested here. 10 level 85 characters. A level 25 guild full of great friends. It has a community of personalities that I've grown to love (or hate!). Kirin Tor may not be flashy, new, glamorous or deeply competitive, but it is home.

I'll leave when they pull the plug. Until then, you're stuck with me.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
The people keep me on KT. I have met awesome people in Heavens Fire. But there are also people I have passed by in my adventures that have given me happy memories. For example:

Slade -- Back in Vanilla he came to my rescue and doesn't even know it. I was questing in Sent Hill when some horde decided to play. My jaw dropped when I saw him in action. So now as he sits in SW he has random alts saluting him with respect as they pass by.

Alexiarose - Probably has no idea why my shaman is always sprinkling mistletoe on her in the AH. She was the first gnome I ever saw on a battle cat. As a wee gnome I said "I want one of those". I have one now. And the inspiration was Alexiarose.

Holyholly - Because I smile every time I see her. First her name, second her attitude she has expressed on these forums. And third, because she is gracious and helpful in the big world. Whether you're alliance or horde, she treats you all the same. (I assume this would not be true in PvP.)

Bombrik - Because he made my very first walk through the Dark Portal a memorable experience. He walked with me to the Flight Master and then cheered me. I would have kissed him but he flew away. :)

So, it's the people that keep me here. The odd, spur of the moment, little things that keep me here.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I feel the same way everyone else does. KT is home to me. I remember when I first rolled my lock (Beleva) I didn't know one person on here. In four years, I have seen some good people come and go and have made some good friends, both in game and real life. There are a lot of times lately when I get nostalgic for the "good ol days", like raiding with Zazi on a Sunday night.... BLOODLUST!!! I took a break from playing and have just recently come back, and there are a lot of new people on KT now. I am hoping to start fresh and meet some more good people and do some kick !@# raiding!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Heh... "jump for epics" is right

I haven't run with a truly constructive guild in a very long time. Not since Warbringer with Zazi, Flirtin' with Disaster with Insight, or PURgE with Freak (sorry Minsc :/ )... damn I miss you, Zazi T.T

Home. That's really all there is to it. The rose-tinted BC glasses are firmly welded to my face. Other servers just can't compete to such a degree, that I feel guilty because I'm am simply unable to give them their just due :(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Slight necro-ish, but it's just a fun little alternate server since my main one is character capped. Definitely enjoy this server and its people though!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
As many have said I am here because it is home. I have been in a number of guilds some who are still around and others who are not. All of them had their highlights. I loved Heavens Fire when I was there. It is a wonderful guild. I also loved Malfurion's Raiders, Twilight Euphoria , Vengeance and a few others whom I am unsure as to whether or not they are even still around. I have been here since it was a new server and had my stints where I transferred a character off but I always seem to come back. In short it is the people in general I enjoy.
Man was just thinking about old Lagforge and the days of Kissimee parked there selling Travelers Backpacks for 6g lol.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
I would count Myndy and the rest of the Heaven's Fire crew as the reason I did not fully quit a year or so back when I was basicly getting burnt out.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
08/02/2012 05:24 PMPosted by Draeleon
I rolled here because I thought it was an RP server, but there doesn't appear to be anybody rp'ing...By the time I figured out nobody actually does RP, I was already level 30 something and too invested in this toon to delete him and too poor to transfer him, so I guess I'm stuck here.

Been searching for a decent RP guild myself. Came here long ago for the same reasons, stayed for the same reasons.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Once upon a time, we were a really good RP guild, but now it's just me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I started playing WOW in Oct 2005 on Kirin Tor, and have only really played on this server. I was a founding member of the Solamnic Knights, but stopped playing WOW almost immediately after Cata came out. After getting a 7 day invite from Blizz last week, I thought I'd pop on to say hi to my old guildies. I was shocked to see that not only was no one online, but that the guild is pretty much non-active....the guild master hadn't logged on in four months, and Baile, the man that ran the guild from pretty much the time the server started in Fall 2005 until the early days of Wrath hadn't logged on in 11 months.

I can't tell you how weird this was for me....it was like moving away from your small town for school and returning home to find the town gone. I'm actually a bit in shock.

Kirin Tor was my home away from home for many, many years. I'm actually afraid to view my /played on my main.

What I loved about KT was my guild. SK wasn't really into raiding, although some were. SK was some of the coolest people I've ever played with, and the entire time I wasn't playing, I was wondering what they were all up to. And now it looks like they've all moved on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]