Something consumable for increased exp gain

72 Night Elf Rogue
So I've been looking online for a while and gave up, figured I'd try my luck here.

I was wondering if there was something consumable (potion, elixir, food, etc.) that gives a buff of experience gain. My alt has no heirlooms and i'm getting bored with this very slow leveling.
Reply Quote
at 75 you can use an Adventurer's Journal
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
The journal won't increase experience gain, however it does provide buffs that should increase kill speed.

EDIT: Stand corrected, there is a chance it will increase questing experience.
Edited by Jozie on 6/18/2012 9:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
06/18/2012 07:27 AMPosted by Jozie
The journal won't increase experience gain, however it does provide buffs that should increase kill speed.

One of the possible buffs increases quest XP by 10%.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86963
Edited by Farabee on 6/18/2012 8:10 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Copied from the wowhead page of the item:

Terrain Expert: +15% increased movement speed
Learning by Example: +10% quest experience gained
Living Forever: 30% chance to heal yourself for 4-6% of your maximum health, when dealing damage to an enemy
Kneecapper: +15% damage done against Giants
The Great Hunt: +15% damage done against Beasts
Deadly Drive: +15% damage done against Humanoids
Dragonsbane: +15% damage done against Dragonkin
28 Chapters Later: +15% damage done against Undead
Fire and Water: +15% damage done against Elementals
Mechanical Aptitude: +15% damage done against Mechanicals

So one of the buffs the journal provides will increase your XP from quest turn ins only. But of course the buff you get when you use a journal is random. It's better than nothing though.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
I also find it helps to just park my alts in an inn for a few days until it is rested capped, burn thru the rested then do the same. May not be as fast, but if you are egtting bored of your alt then a couple days break wont hurt.
Reply Quote
72 Night Elf Rogue
tyvm guys, could have sworn i saw a flask or food that gave the exp buff
Reply Quote
Could be related to holiday events. Which are never worth waiting around for, what with the reduced xp they implemented for levels 1-80.

06/19/2012 03:51 AMPosted by Eyghon
I also find it helps to just park my alts in an inn for a few days until it is rested capped, burn thru the rested then do the same. May not be as fast, but if you are egtting bored of your alt then a couple days break wont hurt.

10 full days to get rest xp capped. You're right that it isn't even close to as fast as just barreling thru, but it is an option. Even just logging off for a few days will give you a decent buffer for the first couple hours playing. (as long as you don't do something foolish like try to level in BGs or dungeons at that level)
Edited by Trixxis on 6/19/2012 7:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Could be related to holiday events. Which are never worth waiting around for, what with the reduced xp they implemented for levels 1-80.

Ah! I almost forgot about that. You could always take a spin on the stripper *cough* I mean RIBBON pole during the Midsummer Fire Festival which starts on Thursday. Every second you spend stripping, er spinning gives you 1 minute of +10% xp. Stacks up to a full hour. The buff unfortunately doesn't persist through death. But on the plus side there are a lots of poles that pop up during the festival and you can stop and spin between quests without having to go all the way back to a major city.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
I picked up an elixir, accelerated learning I think, from a top level boss on my 100 character. it gave 300% expirience boost for one hour. No sooner had I clicked it to use it and started my clock ticking, then warcraft died and my realm went offline. just happened to me right now actually. By the time warcraft is back up and running, just my life, all the time will most likely be gone and all my nice bonus boost with it. :( But yeah, there are a few nice elixirs out there.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Please be mindful of the dates of the last post in a thread. Necro'ing a 3 year thread is a no-no.

Also, you may still have remaining time on your elixir - getting booted out of WoW stops timers from running down. Usually. If not, open a ticket and ask nicely for a "refund". They may give you a new one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]