PSA: Bluewalling

66 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hi everyone. We've had a great time tonight, but now it's time to talk about something that will probably affect you or someone you know during your time here in the World of Warcraft.

Bluewalling.

Oh, wait. That first sentence came out wrong. What I meant was 'something that almost certainly won't affect you or anyone you know during your time here in World of Warcraft'.
Because in order for there to be bluewalling, there not only needs to be someone running around flagged for PvP somewhere other than in a capital city but there also must be someone who enjoys world PvP in the exact same spot.

*She looks off-camera* Why are we talking about this again?

Oh, right.

Bluewalling was once frowned upon and considered dishonorable or a breach of etiquette at the very least. Now, however, it's likely that anyone who is running around flagged would be more than delighted to get any form of world PvP whether they are able to get the first blow or not. And in any case, it was always still a little more polite than being a rogue... because at least they could see you coming.

***The more you know***
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I've never heard that term before, not really sure what it is.

Related though, last night while leveling I ran into a horde warlock who was pvp flagged. I ignored him. He even challenged me to a dual. I passed. PvP is dumb.
Reply Quote
Bluewalling is the act of attacking a player who is flagged for PvP without being flagged for PvP yourself. It comes from the fact that the info tag above your head is blue and until you flag yourself or make a move on someone who is flagged, you are immune to attack from the other faction.

It used to be rather controversial because of the advantage it could give to the unflagged player.

And PvP is NOT DUMB.

Okay, well, it's a little dumb. But not any more dumb than anything else in this game.

Also, pet peeve:
It's duel*
Dual implies two.
Edited by Grimms on 6/17/2012 1:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Bluewalling is the act of attacking a player who is flagged for PvP without being flagged for PvP yourself. It comes from the fact that the info tag above your head is blue and until you flag yourself or make a move on someone who is flagged, you are immune to attack from the other faction.

I seeee.

Also, pet peeve:
It's duel*
Dual implies two

I know. I don't edit or spell check really ever though. I make mistakes like that sometimes. :P

And PvP is NOT DUMB.

Okay, well, it's a little dumb. But not any more dumb than anything else in this game.

I don't really have anything witty to say to this. Perhaps later.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Bluewalling - why you should PvP on a PvP server if PvP is why you play WoW and not being the primary pummeler is personally painful to you.

Sorry, for some reason that sentence just screamed the need for a lot of P-ing. It probably deserved more V-ing as well but I'm lazy.

But yeah, be happy when someone else at least joins in. I was standing on a wall in Dwarven Dist last night pounding on guards, it took a few minutes for another player to go "look, there's an easy target who's been assaulted by 3 guards, let's kill her!" even though several were standing around. Kinda disappointing that I didn't die until I made my customary assault on Harrison Jones (if I'm in the SW neighborhood on my horde toon, he must die until he admits it's not just a scratch!) and 3 Elite guards decided to show up at the same time, which I can't remember happening before short of chain pulling guards through Trade District.

PvP is fun when you're just doing it for fun. Most of why I hate the organized battlegrounds, no one seems to be doing them for fun.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
As always, I love bluewalling people. Especially if they're afk. And in a town with guards.

There's nothing better than imagining the expression on their face when they come back to their computer and wonder what the hell just happened and how.

p.s. Yay dots!
Reply Quote
06/17/2012 03:32 PMPosted by Joynal
Sorry, for some reason that sentence just screamed the need for a lot of P-ing.

Don't worry about it - I've been drinking beer for most of the day so I've been doing a lot of P-ing too.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I also love imagining the expression on triangles' faces.
Reply Quote
06/17/2012 04:31 PMPosted by Thelanora
I also love imagining the expression on triangles' faces.

http://bit.ly/KuO0kx

Oh, I was thinking
http://i.imgur.com/4yshO.jpg
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]