Reasons for war between Alliance/Horde

90 Human Paladin
Hey everyone, This has been bugging me for a while, but the alliance vs horde reason for this all out war between them in cata kind of silly, I mean the horde clearly started this war when Garrosh became warchief. Because from wat Garrosh's short story claimed he started this war was because orgrimmar was running out of resources. So decided to war everyone to take over azeroth.

Yet he talks about the horde having little resources anymore, and still the horde manages to build all these war machines and weapons and armor from wat i might ask? So starts those small tensions such as killing cenarion circle druids aka breaking the horde/night elf treaty as well as push on the Theramore border.

As well as Garrosh starting this hatred for the alliance for no real reason, I mean when he orders his horde to bomb Theramore that was harsh i mean Jaina and most of the citizens in Theramore help Thrall save his father from Mannoroth's corruption during the Third War.

I mean peace would have been close for the both the alliance and horde if Garrosh didn't take power. Anyway i just had to get that out there for you lore fans, and i am looking forward to seeing wat you guys have the say.

p.s. Pls no hateful comments saying your a idiot. I am just using these examples from stories and other text and lore related material.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The reason? Well, the Alliance/Horde are actual interesting, multi-dimensional enemies that have a story of their own. I'll take Alliance vs. Horde over generic enem- I'm sorry, the Burning Legion or Old Gods any day.

But for a more lorewise answer:

The orcs needed resources. The night elves refused to give them the stuff they needed in protest of the Wrathgate. The orcs become more desperate and Garrosh takes over, leading to full blown invasion. Everything else is just a runoff from that.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I recommend using the search function on the forums. You'll find multiple threads dealing with the Horde and Alliance and the events leading up to the current conflict, and you'll find that perhaps some of your facts are not quite as factual as you might think.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Yet he talks about the horde having little resources anymore, and still the horde manages to build all these war machines and weapons and armor from wat i might ask?

It's simply because the entire economy, sans a modest agricultural expansion that we see beginning under Garrosh's reign, is being focused on wartime production. The citizens of Orgrimmar, meanwhile, appear to be stealing from one another for food, and apart from military hardware and infrastructure, Orgrimmar as a nation doesn't appear to produce anything of value, or anything useful in a trade.

Going back to the reason, it reaches back to Thrall's reign. He allowed the Warsong Clan to continue and expand their operations in Ashenvale, thereby sabotaging relations with the Horde and the Night Elves, and he did not develop the agricultural sectors of the Orcish economy, as Garrosh is belatedly doing now. Thrall's failures, diplomatically and economically, contributed significantly to the Horde's resource crisis, leaving a full scale invasion of another nation as the only option for the country to acquire the resources it needs.

Actually, that's not technically true. The Horde could have attempted to trade for resources with the goblin cartels, and they could have logged places like Eversong and Silverpine forest, which, as the transport of magnataur and proto-drakes demonstrates, is possible given what we know about the Horde's shipping capacity. They must have determined that these alternatives were too hard or too expensive for them. (Of course, that doesn't mean that they actually are.)
Edited by Kyalin on 6/17/2012 9:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
The Orcs never said sorry for the 1st and 2nd wars.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
06/17/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Cbredbeard
Me sorry.

Better now?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
06/17/2012 10:39 AMPosted by Lazyguide
Me sorry.

Better now?

A little. Now abolish the Horde.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
A little. Now abolish the Horde.
I can't let you do that starfox.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
06/17/2012 10:53 AMPosted by Lazyguide
I can't let you do that starfox.

It's too hot! I can't take it anymore!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
06/17/2012 07:58 AMPosted by Thorm
The orcs needed resources. The night elves refused to give them the stuff they needed in protest of the Wrathgate. The orcs become more desperate and Garrosh takes over, leading to full blown invasion. Everything else is just a runoff from that.

Um, this basically AND through manipulation of the Twilight's Hammer.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
This war started because of the Wrathgate incident. The building up to this war has been happening since vanilla, and it culminated in Varian taking the reigns of the Alliance and attacking the Undercity.

After the war against Arthas there was a cease fire, but Blizzard used the Twilight's Hammer(LAME) to create incidents between the Horde and the Alliance.

And then the Cataclysm happened and suddenly Azeroth is short on resources. So both factions are fighting over land to take what they can. Or in the very least, minimize the military power of their enemies.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
06/17/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Cbredbeard

Orcs don't apologize. It's part of their culture. Which is why Thrall refused to apologize on behalf of his people for the incident in Ashenvale in during The Shattering.

They do however attempt to redeem themselves. Or at least, they were....before some mega jackass came along and became the warchief.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
The war OFFICIALY re-started when Varian saw what the rebel Forsaken were working on in Undercity and blamed the whole Horde. So the Alliance started the war again just Garrosh would of started it if Varian never did. Then

06/17/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Drailen
but Blizzard used the Twilight's Hammer(LAME) to create incidents between the Horde and the Alliance.

and

06/17/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Drailen
And then the Cataclysm happened and suddenly Azeroth is short on resources. So both factions are fighting over land to take what they can. Or in the very least, minimize the military power of their enemies.
this fueled the war.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
06/17/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Balzul
The war OFFICIALY re-started when Varian saw what the rebel Forsaken were working on in Undercity and blamed the whole Horde.

He rightfully blamed the Horde for the actions of the Horde. What the Apothecaries were working on in the Undercity wasn't the work of the rebels, it was the work of the Horde.
Edited by Vyrin on 6/17/2012 12:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
The war OFFICIALY re-started when Varian saw what the rebel Forsaken were working on in Undercity and blamed the whole Horde.

He rightfully blamed the Horde for the actions of the Horde. What the Apothecaries were working on in the Undercity wasn't the work of the rebels, it was the work of the Horde.

But events at the Wrathgate is not the fault of the whole Horde or even the entire Frosaken.
Edited by Tevinter on 6/17/2012 12:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
06/17/2012 12:10 PMPosted by Tevinter
But events at the Wrathgate is not the fault of the whole Horde or even the entire Frosaken.

And that's not what Varian was upset about. He was upset about the status of Lordaeron and the atrocities being committed in the Apothecarium.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
06/17/2012 12:11 PMPosted by Vyrin
And that's not what Varian was upset about.

Then why did he invade the UC?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
06/17/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Tevinter
Then why did he invade the UC?

He just told you why and you only quoted part of his post. Come on.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Drailen, I think Tevinter's point is that he invaded UC because of the Wrathgate incident. He couldn't have invaded UC because of the experiments going on in the Apothecarium because he hadn't seen them until he invaded UC.

I don't really think it matters much why he invaded or whether it was "just" or anything else people might throw at it.

This conflict has been a long time brewing. It's steeped in years of distrust.

Get it? lol. :P
Edited by Iyotanka on 6/17/2012 1:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Undead Death Knight
Drailen, I think Tevinter's point is that he invaded UC because of the Wrathgate incident. He couldn't have invaded UC because of the experiments going on in the Apothecarium because he hadn't seen them until he invaded UC.

This is correct.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]