Most over powered class.

100 Dwarf Shaman
Rogues obviously, followed extremely closely by mages. It's a repeating pattern to have rogues and mages dominating expansions but in this expansion rogues have REALLY outdone themselves.
GC himself recently admitted "rogues are the best designed class" - meaning that every other class simply isn't equipped as well as rogues when it comes to having so many offensive and defensive tools at their disposal.

Recuperate coupled with the huge vanish buff (i.e. they get to vanish no matter how terrible they are) has literally doubled their survivabilty, and survivability used to be a rogue's greatest weakness once upon a time. Catching one in the open meant hell for the rogue, but they compensated by being able to lock you down while bursting. But now rogues have lost very little of their control (kidney shot nerf) while having gained ridiculous amounts of survivability. They vanish with 5% health remaining and the next time they re-open on you they're back at 50-60%. Rogues have always had the option to buy time for their cooldowns, but atleast you could be sure that they had no way of healing it back - except now they CAN heal back, and huge amounts at a time.

I miss the days when getting a rogue to low health actually meant something, I miss the days when rogues were viable kill targets in arena. In their current state it's foolish to try and focus a rogue.

But hey, I can't say much since I'm a mage, who is almost just as overpowered ;)

I would have to say I agree 100% with this. Ret Paladins aren't even anywhere close they are one of my easiest fights (if not the easiest) as an Enhancement Shaman.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
yea i would say Subtlety rogues (which is pretty much EVERY rogue)
are overpowered. the stun locks arent the problem, its that cheat death, recuperate, vanish crap thats keeping them at the top, let alone preparation which makes it so they can vanish AGAIN. like a ret (or any) pally, you actually have to kill a rogue 2-3 times before it actually dies.

Ret Paladins are a far easier kill than Rogues don't even get started. You only have to kill Ret Paladins 1 and a half times (because of Divine Shield)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The most overpowered class is <class I don't play> and it needs to be nerfed. The most underpowered class is <class I play> and Blizzard can you buff our damage?

This^

I personally feel every class has strengths and weakness's against other classes. For example Hunters are weak vs rogues and warriors. Warriors are weak against mages and I presume locks? Mages are weak against hunters and so and and so forth.

In the end I think a large part is knowing your class thier class and how to counter them. The more you know the better your chances are. I take on the john sheridan approach of "enemy enemy can be beaten. You just have to figure out how".
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Rogue
06/15/2012 10:35 PMPosted by Minit
i want people to put what they think is the most overpowered class in cataclysm

Game Designer.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
In b4 legendary rog......aww, dammit.
Edited by Cidfrostfire on 6/17/2012 1:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Rogues...
Reply Quote
85 Human Hunter
Most OP are

HUnters. No other class cna get off hard hiting DPS as fast and have a pet with DPS and stuns

Don't know if being sarcastic or just trolling
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Most OP are

HUnters. No other class cna get off hard hiting DPS as fast and have a pet with DPS and stuns

Don't know if being sarcastic or just trolling

Swifty said it. must be true.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
Rogue>mage>>>>>everyone else
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Paladin
06/16/2012 05:09 PMPosted by Elidra
palidan
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
06/17/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Dimonte
Rogue>mage>>>>>everyone else

I have to agree with this, but at least I can fight mages on my Shaman
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
I just wish they would delete rogues from the game
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Mage
Love how the OP is complaining about needing to kill Paladins 2+ times in a fight where as the Paladin wasn't even able to bill the OP once.
Edited by Tablemaker on 6/18/2012 11:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
06/16/2012 06:24 PMPosted by Glítch
Are they removing UA in that redesign? If not they'll continue to dominate the caster dps slot like they have since arena was introduced.
If you complain about UA you have mental issues.Exploiting one spell and chaining it into your arena script doesnt make a class dominant. 3 v3 doesnt matter.
Edited by Dochaelian on 6/18/2012 9:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
06/18/2012 09:57 AMPosted by Dochaelian
If you complain about UA you have mental issues.

I know how crazy of me to point out locks i-win button that they're getting to keep for yet another xpac.

06/18/2012 09:57 AMPosted by Dochaelian
3 v3 doesnt matter.

They matter more than pug bgs that's for sure.
Reply Quote
14 Undead Mage
I can't choose because the most OP class seems to change when i play a different class. it's like the game is being redesigned as i am logging in.

on a serious note i can;t really pick one. out of all the classes i've played i have not found one class that can consistently Tear me down.

On a side note frost mages are irritating now matter what class i play. Not exactly OP but chasing them ..... i hate the damn chase.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
06/18/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Glítch
I know how crazy of me to point out locks i-win button that they're getting to keep for yet another xpac.
It hasnt been an i win button since early BC days. Right now it's a " no other class provides a better option atm" button. I would be more upset about The felhunter critting you for more damage than any single warlock spell can.

06/18/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Glítch
They matter more than pug bgs that's for sure.
Only 2 you.
Edited by Dochaelian on 6/18/2012 1:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote
14 Undead Mage
wait wut? locks have an iWin button? can you please tell me what it is? cause i haven't found it yet.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
06/18/2012 02:32 PMPosted by Ngatayou
Recupe is nasty as hell now, too.
Thinking more along the lines that they get free combo points on targets via H A T for doing nothing.
Edited by Dochaelian on 6/18/2012 3:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]