Is this place still dead?

85 Draenei Hunter
Not true. Paldurr's are all staggered on his priest. We definitely carried him. <3
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
I'm never sarcastic. I also never imply things that aren't true.
Reply Quote
lol. i would say i was carried. experienced in ds enough to hold my own, just never got on a team with this toon.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Try being on a raid team with Meekah. Then you'll know what it really means to carry :D
Edited by Lyonn on 6/28/2012 9:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Wait a minute...

Who the f brought sixstring along for an 8/8H run and actually succeeded?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Wait a minute...

Who the f brought sixstring along for an 8/8H run and actually succeeded?

/raises hand

Our team. He did just fine really.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/mou1jbjz05hs6igw/
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
gotta love it. it's a !@#$% to get to h8/8. then, it becomes so easy that you have to take lowbies to make it tough.

lol@ds
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
gotta love it. it's a !@#$% to get to h8/8. then, it becomes so easy that you have to take lowbies to make it tough.

lol@ds

I'm looking forward to our next monday night 8/8 normal adventure. Keep us posted.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
/hides
Reply Quote
Lol thanks for the confidence banric.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
lol you should have seen how pissed every1 from our guild was when we saw six got H spine achieve. rage level was over 9000.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

The name Vithrath kinda rings a tiny bell, but I don't really remember either of you, tbh,

Upon seeing both of your toons' and Baalthezar's lack of accomplishments as a whole, I'm really curious as to what you guys feel is so much better about these other realms. I mean, it's obvious neither of you raid on any of those 3 toons, so the "more opportunities to pug current content" reason doesn't apply here. Baalthezar has over 11k honorable kills, so he seems to focus on pvp, but he's not on an arena team and has 0 RBG rating, so "more opportunities to do serious pvp" doesn't apply here. Your toons' 3400 and 5500 achievement points and his 3500 pts aren't all that impressive, so if either of you are grinding achievements, you must not be focusing on it heavily. Do you both have some other toon that is your main and you're just not posting from it?

There are plenty of nice people in SFOS and on the realm, so I don't understand where the "company wasn't even good" and "bad realm" comments come from. If you feel you made some friendships over on your new realm that are stronger than those you had here, great, but that doesn't mean you're justified in saying/implying that Darrowmere's population is unfriendly.

If you're living vicariously through your realm-mates who are progressing faster than those of us on Darrowmere, umm ok, but I really think you're just on a high horse for no reason. I know that Darrowmere definitely has its drawbacks in regards to population size, progression, etc but I can't take someone seriously when they come back here putting down our realm in comparison to theirs without anything to show for it.

When someone like Roth says it, I can understand, because they have made some major advances in their gameplay after switching realms, but from you two... I'm not in any way tempted to check out Stormrage after seeing you guys talk sh*t about Darrowmere. Come back and talk sh*t when you actually have something to brag about.

I don't play Vithrath much anymore, but I'd rather have it sit on Stormrage than Darrowmere. I knew you though - I remember doing a terrible Naxx run with you right at the end of Wrath (or maybe the beginning of cata). You were on a priest or something, and you had some guy with you tanking. It was before you were in SFOS.

SFOS always felt kind of clique-y. I'm not saying it was a bad guild. But the only person that went out of his way to get the other people involved was the original guild leader... The one that got kicked out. I feel like the guild sort of sucked after he left. He was the only one that ever helped out/asked if I wanted to do anything.

And about carries on high pop servers: The only way you get carried is if you have friends. The chances of getting carried in a pug are really low. If you're bad the people will kick you out and find a new person in 30 seconds. Stormrage and Malganis are easily 10x the size of Darrowmere, maybe more. I just started playing this character a lot after sending it to Malganis ... It was a RP toon on Wyrmrest Accord before. I've only played it a lot over the past month and a half or so. I had friends over there that wanted me to transfer, so they took me around and got me a bunch of mounts/achieves/!@#$ like that. More recently they got me into their DS group, so I'm pretty new to heroics. This is the 4th week of doing them I think.

I've definitely been carried as far as that goes - Getting right into a heroic group with no experience. It's actually really hard to find good groups over there. All the pugs want like 400 ilvl and tons of achieves. It would take forever if you didn't have friends on a high pop server like that.

The reason I like Stormrage and Malganis more than Darrowmere is simple. There's a lot more to do. There's literally ALWAYS something going on - Always some sort of achieve run, or mount run, DS pugs, etc. And Darrowmere isn't like that all. There are also countless experienced players on there. As my one friend said... If you aren't 8/8H yet, everyone knows you're not a serious guild over there.

It's just a lot more fun, I can't really explain why. But I honestly don't miss Darrowmere at all.
Reply Quote
Lol swifty was pissed i remember that
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
I came from shattered halls. I don't miss it at all.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I don't play Vithrath much anymore, but I'd rather have it sit on Stormrage than Darrowmere. I knew you though - I remember doing a terrible Naxx run with you right at the end of Wrath (or maybe the beginning of cata). You were on a priest or something, and you had some guy with you tanking. It was before you were in SFOS.

SFOS always felt kind of clique-y. I'm not saying it was a bad guild. But the only person that went out of his way to get the other people involved was the original guild leader... The one that got kicked out. I feel like the guild sort of sucked after he left. He was the only one that ever helped out/asked if I wanted to do anything.

And about carries on high pop servers: The only way you get carried is if you have friends. The chances of getting carried in a pug are really low. If you're bad the people will kick you out and find a new person in 30 seconds. Stormrage and Malganis are easily 10x the size of Darrowmere, maybe more. I just started playing this character a lot after sending it to Malganis ... It was a RP toon on Wyrmrest Accord before. I've only played it a lot over the past month and a half or so. I had friends over there that wanted me to transfer, so they took me around and got me a bunch of mounts/achieves/!@#$ like that. More recently they got me into their DS group, so I'm pretty new to heroics. This is the 4th week of doing them I think.

I've definitely been carried as far as that goes - Getting right into a heroic group with no experience. It's actually really hard to find good groups over there. All the pugs want like 400 ilvl and tons of achieves. It would take forever if you didn't have friends on a high pop server like that.

The reason I like Stormrage and Malganis more than Darrowmere is simple. There's a lot more to do. There's literally ALWAYS something going on - Always some sort of achieve run, or mount run, DS pugs, etc. And Darrowmere isn't like that all. There are also countless experienced players on there. As my one friend said... If you aren't 8/8H yet, everyone knows you're not a serious guild over there.

It's just a lot more fun, I can't really explain why. But I honestly don't miss Darrowmere at all.

In regards to the whole "clique-y" thing, in my experience the people who feel this way misinterpret friendship circles that result from increased group gameplay as being cliques. This term is most often is applied to raiders.

I'm personally a lot more likely to do stuff with people I have previously or am currently raiding with because of the strong bonds that we have formed over the past year or more. I'm more likely to be invited to do stuff on alts, even if I'm not very good at playing them, because of those friendships too.

If you felt left out, that's unfortunate, but it wasn't intentional. I think only in guilds with less than 50 active members (people, not alts) and zero raid teams would you feel there aren't any cliques, no matter what realm it was on. SFOS is a lot bigger than that, with a handful of raid teams, which to you probably translates to a handful of cliques.

Good for you for finding what you subjectively consider greener pastures, but none of the reasons you gave as to why you like those realms more justifies you talking sh*t about Darrowmere saying it's a bad realm. You just didn't find what you were looking for here or fit in apparently. It's not the same thing.

Not sure if the terrible Naxx raid comment was supposed to be a jab or not lol but yeah, I wasn't in SFOS until at least a month or two into Cata, and I didn't start seriously raiding until then either; BoT, BWD, and TotFW were my first real raids. The guy with me who was tanking was probably my bf (now fiance) Dedhorse. I'm not surprised if the raid went badly. The guild we were in at the time wasn't very organized or knowledgeable about the raids, and I, for one, wasn't as skilled at my class back then.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
06/28/2012 12:52 PMPosted by Phaydre
In regards to the whole "clique-y" thing, in my experience the people who feel this way misinterpret friendship circles that result from increased group gameplay as being cliques. This term is most often is applied to raiders.

The people who make this comment usually just want to show up. However, they want YOU to organize, perform, raid lead, and win. Why not put your own raid on the calender and invite your own group?

But hey, sometimes things just aren't a good fit. As I've said before, the relationship between guild and player has to be a mutual one. If it doesn't make sense for the raider to stay, the raid will go on. Like wise with the guild, the raider will go on.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
06/28/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Shammter
The people who make this comment usually just want to show up. However, they want YOU to organize, perform, raid lead, and win. Why not put your own raid on the calender and invite your own group?

I would also say they want YOU to spoon-feed them the fight strategies without them having any prior knowledge whatsoever, such as watching a 5 minute YouTube video.

Another thing I would add is that these people who complain about a lack of opportunities to do stuff often don't show up when the guild officers schedule something on the calendar. Usually not enough people show up to even have the event, so it's a bust and that causes guild officers to not feel motivated to put stuff on the calendar. These are "I'm online this minute, drop everything and organize something just for me this minute" people.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
#guildmasterproblems
Reply Quote
06/28/2012 10:47 AMPosted by Myzrath
SFOS always felt kind of clique-y. I'm not saying it was a bad guild. But the only person that went out of his way to get the other people involved was the original guild leader... The one that got kicked out. I feel like the guild sort of sucked after he left.

B.S. Clint and the other officers have been nothing but awesome to me even though I'm only in the guild on a handful of alts. Forb took me onto his team even though I had never spoken to him in my whole time playing the game.

The guild offers repairs to my knowledge for ALL members. As well as numerous PUG opportunities. It's a great guild I cannot see how you think they are unhelpful in any way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]