Is this place still dead?

07/07/2012 09:16 PMPosted by Pfcstroud
hwat

Apparently i took spelling lessons from Lil John there.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The screen lickers on darrowmere keep me coming back.

I had some good times on darrowmere, but when u xfer off you realize how bad it is there. Ultimately it is hwat you make of it though.
Exactly. People don't realize how much it sucks until they go somewhere else...
I wanted to kick myself for staying there so long, lol.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
False. I still play here for community, the raiding just isn't up to my standards.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The screen lickers on darrowmere keep me coming back.

I had some good times on darrowmere, but when u xfer off you realize how bad it is there. Ultimately it is hwat you make of it though.

When you leave hordeside darrowmere, ANYTHING is better.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
07/08/2012 07:20 PMPosted by Banric
When you leave hordeside darrowmere, ANYTHING is better.

^ THAT!!

But I have found moving realms has been much better for me.
Reply Quote
So what was you people's names back in the day then? Because I don't remember any of you. lol Last Ritez reformed on Stormrage, think some of the people from NQR and Mordred, etc. went to Alterac Mountains.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
07/22/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Dominàte
So what was you people's names back in the day then? Because I don't remember any of you. lol Last Ritez reformed on Stormrage, think some of the people from NQR and Mordred, etc. went to Alterac Mountains.

i was in NQR till it just about broke up. Mordred and NQR people have not been around in a really long time.

and yes, alterac mts was the popular destination when we had free xfers off.
Reply Quote
07/24/2012 08:55 AMPosted by Spiteful

i was in NQR till it just about broke up. Mordred and NQR people have not been around in a really long time.

and yes, alterac mts was the popular destination when we had free xfers off.

I went to Tichondrius for a couple years, just re-joined LR on Stormrage for casual raiding with friends. I was in NQR for a little while as well but I played a DK in those days.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
ufc? or we had some dude with an M.
i was the dk tank when we got sarth 3 birds.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
07/08/2012 02:15 PMPosted by Myzrath
Exactly. People don't realize how much it sucks until they go somewhere else...

You my friend that i dnot even know, are entirely correct. I used to have this toon on darrow for nearly a year before movin it to gnomeregan, due to the fact it was sorta neglected and darrow was becoming a sad place.

I used to be in the guild No More Heroes over here on darrow, before Elpiri became gm of it and Silarial was still GM, I gotta say it was the one thing that prevented me from dleteing this toon and ragequittin the server. When El became gm...meh, wasnt so nice for me, and i was too high level to delete the character and I was a pretty much forgotten officer. Left that guild, wandered for around 6 months and left the server.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I can understand if people say specific, objective aspects of Darrowmere aren't as good as other realms, such as progression ratio based on population, PvP rating based on population, etc, however...

All that I'm seeing here is a handful of people who didn't fit in, didn't make many friends, weren't up to pug standards, and/or made the unfortunate choice to join a guild with poor leadership (or lots of drama) giving subjective opinions that Darrowmere as a whole is a bad server because they personally didn't succeed here. (And don't appear to be succeeding content-wise elsewhere either.)

Good luck in your gameplay and try harder next time. If you fail again, there are another 230+ realms you can always transfer to...
Reply Quote

No I was a great deal less popular than UFC, Seravok was the name though the toon has long been abandoned on a different server. I had a close few attempts with NQR on 3 birds. My membership was short lived though, ended up going to Mordred or Jigsaw or something in that order. lol

What was your DK's name? Seems I remember you but can't place the name after X ammount of years.
Reply Quote
I can understand if people say specific, objective aspects of Darrowmere aren't as good as other realms, such as progression ratio based on population, PvP rating based on population, etc, however...

All that I'm seeing here is a handful of people who didn't fit in, didn't make many friends, weren't up to pug standards, and/or made the unfortunate choice to join a guild with poor leadership (or lots of drama) giving subjective opinions that Darrowmere as a whole is a bad server because they personally didn't succeed here. (And don't appear to be succeeding content-wise elsewhere either.)

Good luck in your gameplay and try harder next time. If you fail again, there are another 230+ realms you can always transfer to...

Darrowmere's only downfall was it's population. When I played here there were always atleast 2+ guilds who were progressing, while maybe not in close proximity to world record clears they still got the job done.

My main qualm with the server was at the time I was in school without a job, so when I would be online at 4am there was nothing to do and the server was dead. On big servers like I've been playing on the past few years, any hour of the night you can find something to get into.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
So, the server sucks because it didn't suit your needs. I understand.

If you know you can't be online much until 4am.. why not find a server that would be more prime time for the time you're online...

Example: I can only be online at 11:30pm Eastern Time... So I came to a pacific time zone server.. So that everyone else is on at 8:30pm. It's easier to find raiders that way.

Phay keeps bringing up the same point. It would appear that once again, the issue wasn't the server, it was that you choose the wrong time zone to come to..
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
To be fair, Dominàte wasn't one of the people who said Darrowmere sucks (at least in this thread.) He made a valid point about the low population being a negative aspect of the realm, and said "his only qualm" was the lack of activity at odd hours resulting from that. I think he's one of the few realm-transferers who recognizes that this one negative doesn't mean the whole realm sucks.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Hunter
did u just not agree with me? WTF PHAY?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Lol! I was srsly wondering if anyone would catch that when I wrote it.
Reply Quote
07/27/2012 09:57 AMPosted by Phaydre
To be fair, Dominàte wasn't one of the people who said Darrowmere sucks (at least in this thread.) He made a valid point about the low population being a negative aspect of the realm, and said "his only qualm" was the lack of activity at odd hours resulting from that. I think he's one of the few realm-transferers who recognizes that this one negative doesn't mean the whole realm sucks.

I would never trash this server, I learned how to play this game on this server and made a lot of friends that I still raid with to this day. Darrowmere was small enough for a noob like me to hit lvl80 and have someone care enough to bring me into a raid for the first time and show me the ropes. On the servers I play on you would never find that kind of sincere commitment from someone.

The community here was by far the best I had ever seen. I even had a guy who did 2s with me to show me how arena works regurarly, most servers no one will even speak to you about doing arena unless you have a 2200 rating achievement. Pretty much the best times I had playing this game were on Darrowmere, namely because the game was still new and exciting to me but still anyone who started out here will probably always feel like it's home.

Hence why I'm on the forums for this server 3 years or so after I left it. lol
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Darrowmere is my home, i will defend it with my (in game) life. To all you who hate it for your own reasons: stop whining, no one gives a !@#$.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

No I was a great deal less popular than UFC, Seravok was the name though the toon has long been abandoned on a different server. I had a close few attempts with NQR on 3 birds. My membership was short lived though, ended up going to Mordred or Jigsaw or something in that order. lol

What was your DK's name? Seems I remember you but can't place the name after X ammount of years.

privilege
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]