Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
I want to inform everyone that there will be a WoW Factor Transmogrification Event on Lothar (Alliance). Realm entrepreneurs (Mythrius, Cirux, Ragetank, Keiriana along with several people who wish to remain anonymous) have come forward and donated the gold (177K) and other awesome items (mounts and rare pets) for the prize package.
Date/Time: July 14th, 7pm (est)
Place: Stormwind Cathedral (inside)
The sponsors and myself, thought that this would be a great way to give something back to the community on Lothar, show off people's creativity, and to just have a bit of fun (considering that we are all pretty bored with DS at this point..).
Below are the links for rules and regulations; the live stream videos of past contests (yes, the Lothar event will be live-streamed also); and the forums/website for WoW Factor/WoW Roleplay Gear.
WoW Factor: http://wowroleplaygear.com/the-wow-factor/
WoW Roleplay Gear: http://wowroleplaygear.com/
MMO Champion Forum Thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1116301-The-WoW-Factor-Transmog-Fashion-Shows
Live-Stream Link: http://www.twitch.tv/elvinemod
Also of interest; the addon Mogit is a great help for putting a set together (if you haven’t already heard of it)
So, start re-running those old raids & dungeons, or questing for your transmog items. Let’s show the rest of the WoW World that even though we may at times be a “tired old realm”, we Raid & PVP with style and class!
If you have any questions, feel free to contact Arbaris in game.
Edited by Arbaris on 7/8/2012 1:23 AM PDT
FINE WELL MAKE OUR OWN EVENT WITH BLACKJACK AND HOOKERS YOU KNOW WHAT? FORGET THE EVENT.
Edited by Jostin on 6/21/2012 10:48 AM PDT
Virral, you are indeed one sexy rogue, but alas it is Alliance only. If you want an event Horde side, just get several sponsors to put up the prize package, contact the WoW Factor crew and schedule a date. It's as simple as that!!
Sounds like it might become a PVP event if folks from Tornado get raiding parties to crash. Yet again the purpose is to show that Lothar has some style, so folks on Horde organize an event and see who looks the best.
BTW Dwarves don't look pretty in any transmogs, winner would most likely be a human/dranei because they look good. For Hordies, if they had an event would't the winner be a BE?
Arbaris willing to contribute 2k gold to this though I most likely won't be able to attend. Let me know in game. How many judges, and what is the criteria for judging?
There are usually 3 or 4 judges; Noelani, Ironyca and Elvine (from the WoW Factor) with a 4th added depending on the size of the event. All the judging and awarding of prizes is done by them. So it's completely impartial; they don't know anyone here, as they play on different servers. As a sidenote, neither the sponsors or myself are competing, so there can't be any complaints that the event is rigged.
Dwarves, Gnomes, Orcs, Trolls, Worgen, Forsaken, etc....it doesn't matter what race you are; all have won big prizes at past events. What looks good on a Gnome will look bad on a Tauren and vise-versa. That's where your creativity comes in; put together something that defines your race/class, PVE/PVP, profession/character. If you go to the links above and look at past winners, you will see just what the judges are looking for.
As to ToS crashing the party, well....it does happen sometimes at these events. The WoW Factor judges just go on about their business and ignore the crashers. We are a PVE server, so if you are competing and they crash it...don't flag and just stand there (as hard as that may sound).
Come on ToS, I know you guys have the funds and clout to sponsor an event Horde side...go on do it...you know you want to!!!!
Rage, I'll contact you in game.
You know, I wouldn't be opposed to seeing if we can move the event to Dalaran and attempt a faction neutral contest.
Hell I'd even up the prizes just to see that happen! But we'd need to know (and soon) that there would be a serious horde turnout (Virral's Sexy Self is Not Enough), before we'd approach Noelani about it.
Current sponsors are myself and Cirux, + Ragetank who has indeed delivered 2k to add to the prize pool.
This oughtta be fun. The King of Lothar approves. And will attend. I demand a royal escort of my regular cronies and a cart loaded to the brim with the royal beer.
The hell do you mean there IS no royal beer!? What do I pay you people for!
By popular request here are the rules and regs copied from the WoW Factor webpage:
Events last approximately 2½ hours and are organised into a competition structure comprising of several stages, with judges discussing outfits and awarding gold prizes through several rounds. The top prizes are awarded those who are deemed to have the very best transmogrification outfits at the event. We operate a live stream for those who wish to follow our audio commentary or are unable to attend the gatherings in-character. All are welcome to attend, be it to spectate or participate.
Prize gold was initially provided by WoW Factor judges, namely Keelhaul, although these days most of the gold comes from generous sponsors who opt to fund the prizes for events on their home servers. We have also received donations of pets and mounts from the Blizzard store for us to give away.
We feature an article for every event detailing locations, dates, times and prizes. Follow-up articles are also added once an event has finished, including screenshots and names of the winners in each round of competition. These posts can be found through the WoW Factor Events button on our sidebar, and further screenshots are added on Facebook.
If you’d like to take part in an event, all you have to do is show up at the designated time and location as listed in our Events articles – there’s no registration required. There are however a few guidelines worth taking note of:
• The majority of your outfit should be transmogrified.
• An outfit should have no missing armor pieces (but you are not required to show helm or cloak, or
wear a shirt and tabard).
• Participants may switch character between rounds, but not during. We may wish to return to award
gold to a character at any time.
• Characters from multiple accounts are accepted.
• As you can change character between rounds, you may also change outfit, but do so at your own
risk (we might prefer your first!).
• We don’t award prizes to outfits with a mix of armor types.
When judging transmogrification events, we take a number of factors in to consideration. Fulfilling one or more of the criteria does not automatically make a character a winner, but these are the areas we focus on when discussing outfits:
• Uniqueness – Players who have used their creativity to create an outfit we’ve not seen before will
really stand out.
• Colour-coordination – Items which blend together in a colour theme.
• Accessorising – Matching cloaks/weapons/pets with armor sets. Particularly valuable with armor sets
that are intended to go together (‘Recipes’).
• Theme – Outfits relating to a certain location/faction, for example, a frozen Northrend set.
• Personality – An outfit which embodies a character as a personality, for example, an engineer.
• Completeness – Outfits which appear to be at their final stage with no more work to be done.
The player has completed their intended set.
The above was copied/pasted from the WoW Factor webpage; refer to
for further information.
Edited by Arbaris on 6/27/2012 4:09 AM PDT
Q. Can I win multiple prizes?
A. Yes, participants may win a prize in each of the rounds of competition.
Q. Do I have to attend the whole event to be eligible for a prize?
A. No, players may come and go as they please, and are not required to have won in a previous round to be eligible for later rounds. We recognise that players have other commitments, so we do our best to be flexible.
Q. Can we enter as a guild/partnership?
A. Whilst we love to see groups of themed characters, we sadly have to judge on an individual basis. It’s simply too difficult to judge groups in comparison to individuals.
Q. Are roleplay outfits accepted?
A. We fully encourage participants to show off their roleplay outfits during the course of our events, but unfortunately we cannot judge them on the same basis as other transmogrification sets unless they fulfil all of the criteria set out in the rules above. For example, allowing the mixing of armor types can potentially give a great advantage to plate wearers, who may wear almost any armor pieces to form a roleplay set.
Q. Why do you hate dwarves and love blood elves etc?
A. The reason that certain races are over-represented among winners is quite simply because the relative population of that race is higher. We’ve attended Horde events where 50 out of 100 are Blood Elves and 2 are Goblins, of course there will be more Elves winning in such circumstances.
Q. You always talk about ‘Recipe’ sets. What does that mean, exactly?
A. We use the term ‘recipe’ to refer to any outfit which was designed by Blizzard with the intention of those items matching one another. For example, tier sets, pvp sets and uncommon BoE sets such as the Commander’s Set.
Some other tips that might be of interest:
- Be creative; don't just use a complete "recipe" set. You can and should mix/match items from different sets that match in color and style. When using a "recipe" set, it's the accessorizing that makes these sets stand out to the judges (hunter pets, companion pets, weapons; all matching in color/style/theme of course).
- Yes, you can use your Legendary weapons however; make sure that they match your clothing in style and color...these guys don't just award something because "you has a Legendary" (or a Corrupted Ashbringer).
- It's all in the little extra details that count; while many times your bracers do not show, mogging them will show that you care about your look down to the fine details. Belts (especially cloth ones) can be difficult, but keep looking they are out there. Same with cloaks; if your breastplate has detailing on the back, hide the cloak, but make sure it's mogged.
- Hunters have an advantage...bows, polearems, can wear Shaman gear, AND those dam pets...sigh....is there nothing they can't have??? Golden Paladins, Rogues in Druid gear, these are things that work better than you can imagine.
- Gnomes and Dwarves....yes you can look awesome if you try. Gnomes can get away with strange looks (cus they are cute and tiny) that would look ridiculous on a Dranei. Dwarven males have those wonderful beards that can work with their gear.
- Change your character's haircolor and style to fit your transmog..trust me in this. Pull out those companion pets, these all work well along with your set.
- Download the addon Mogit...seriously, this addon is fantastic...play around with it it's quite fun....and guys, you can play "dress up Barbie" with this addon and no one need ever know!
The gold has been increased to 177k. An additional 50K total was donated by Keiriana along with several others who wish to remain anonymous.
The gold is awarded to winners in each of 2 rounds; generally it's 1-5k (per winner) in round 1; with the best transmogs being awarded an additional 10k each in round 2. Keep in mind we also have several mounts and rare pets that will be given away in round 2 to the very best of the best transmogs.
This is shaping up to be one of the biggest prize packages ever put together for one of these events!
Edited by Arbaris on 7/8/2012 1:22 AM PDT
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.