Shaman stealth?

43 Goblin Shaman
Okay, not actual stealth, but I think it would be cool if while in ghost wolf form your name plate was removed. Enemies could still see your character, but your wolf would be camo and more difficult to see from a distance.

This would be for enhancement only, as it would be OP for a healer and elemental. Both elemental and resto are ranged based, so approaching your enemy isn't really a problem. Enhancement has the original problem of closing the initial gap. Other melee dps have some form of quick acceleration or stealth to start combat.

Warriors have charge, cats and rogues stealth, dk's have death grip. However shaman have to manually run all the way up to who they want to attack. This means that shaman usually don't get the opener and this hurts especially with our squishiness and lack of defensive cd's.

Ghost wolf without name plates would give enhancement shamans some element of surprise and allow us to attack without the enemy being fully prepared.

As is, ghost wolf is pretty stealthy. The name plates completely gives it away tho so there is really no element of surprise as a wolf.
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Shaman
Pretty sure as Enhance you should ALWAYS have frost brand on, so Frostbrand + Unleash Elements = Frozen in place. Thus making it possible to close the distance.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
i dont roll with frostband i put a talent point in frozen power so i can just frost shock and root them
Edited by Wized on 6/19/2012 10:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
43 Goblin Shaman
06/19/2012 08:58 AMPosted by Niquel
Pretty sure as Enhance you should ALWAYS have frost brand on, so Frostbrand + Unleash Elements = Frozen in place. Thus making it possible to close the distance.

Truth
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
XAG
Frostbrand + Unleash Elements = Frozen in place

Cmon even i know thats not how it works.

Also would be cool but id rather have wind walk....
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Mopowuh,

I have been saying that very thing for years. In fact I was surprised, 7 years ago, when I learned that other players can actually see my name when I was in ghost wolf form- I felt lied to. I think it would be an awesome idea- it could remove your name in pvp and maybe even reduce the distance at which you aggro things since it's purpose was intended to be a travel tool anyway (everyone hates pulling that bear along the road and getting dazed...).
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Pretty sure as Enhance you should ALWAYS have frost brand on, so Frostbrand + Unleash Elements = Frozen in place.

No, if you have frostbrand on all the time your doing it wrong.

Also, thats not how Unleash elements works.

Okay, not actual stealth, but I think it would be cool if while in ghost wolf form your name plate was removed. Enemies could still see your character, but your wolf would be camo and more difficult to see from a distance.

*go ghost wolf* *laugh at casters trying to target you*
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Guess what: We are able to stealth in Ghost Wolf form as of MoP!

But... you have to be a Resto Shaman and have a Druid that is willing to cast Symbiosis on you.

Am I the only one that actually looks at the MoP changes around here?
Edited by Wheezie on 6/23/2012 5:52 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Seems legit.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I don't see pallys having any ability to quickly close a gap. Unleashed Elements followed by a frost shock means they're going no where and using ghost wolf we can close that gap faster than other melee with cds.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman

Way, way back in Vanilla and into LK, hunters had a skill called Eyes of the Beast. You basically could become your pet for a while.

Well, there were some very nice people that would flag themselves and go out to the lowbie areas with a replica type of whatever pet was out there and would flag whatever lowbies were out in that area because that lowbie would attack that hunters pet.

Then they took eyes of the beast away. Now not every hunter was doing this- obviously- but it was a problem.

Your idea somewhat falls into that sketchy category.

Plus, if I wanted to stealth- I'd play my rogue or even finish leveling my druid.
Edited by Jujubiju on 6/30/2012 9:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]