Looking for PVP action? So are we!

Hey Zul'Jin!

Many of you know who I am, as I have been on ZJ since vanilla days, and many of you know that I am mainly a pvp'r.

Well, as with almost every guild out there, Cataclysm has really put a dent in a lot of long-time WOW players, with the overall weak and uneventful end-game. Also, I saw my guild drop from having 15+ players on at a given time, to Diablo 3's release and seeing 5. Of course, logging into our guild vent in the evening there is no shortage of Diablo players in those channels lol

But what about WOW? What about us die hard pvp'rs that are looking for some PVP action. Well, RBGs are tough to form and get into these days due to hardcore cookie cutter comps and PVE abuse teams. I have seen ZERO rated RBG teams refuse to take 2400+ experienced RBG players just because they didn't have their legendary and cunning trinket. It's a sad world that Blizz has refused to address.

But there is hope...

Not only is the world of PVP looking fairly promising in Mop, but we are RIGHT NOW having a bit of a re-surgence of players in the pvp community. I have noticed that nearly all organized PVP has stopped on Zul'Jin, with exception to smaller 5 man groups here and there. So, there are TONS of players wandering around starving for some action and don't know where to find it.

X-realm is key right now in this slow time... And, SAP is hosting many X-Realm PVP adventures now...

Just yesterday we hosted a 15 man premade BG farm for 3 hrs (7 were from ZJ).

Results:

2 AB perfections (1600 to 0)
    2 Resilient Victories (did a 2nd one cause we got 14/15 and wanted to help guy get achievement)
    1 EOTS perfection (1600 to 0)
    1 AV perfection (yes we 15 man'd that and carried our team to perfection)
    and... a couple other misc just HK farm wins.

Are you looking to get in on this action with us?

Are you a die hard pvp'r looking to get into some solid action again?

Look no further www.subatomicpvp.com

We ARE currently accepting applications and are eager to rebuild the ranks of our 4.5 yr old PVP guild (go to webpage to see minimum req.)

We are NOT a super hardcore PVP guild. We are a casual guild with an emphasis on creating a fun, alliance killing environment. We have a lot of great players, but most of all, enjoyable personalities to be around. Maybe you are the next person to join our ranks :)

I look forward to the loads of PVP activities that our officers will be hosting in the months leading to MoP. Keep an eye out for us.

SOON TO HAPPEN EVENTS:

Open arena tournament
40+ man World PVP event
More Premade BGs!
etc...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
^bump

cool peeps,

what ver of preform, 2.66, 2.72, or that broken 3.01?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
bump
Reply Quote
Actually in regards to Preform AV 2.72 is popularized as the "fan update" and is widely used on the open vent community for Rath Strat HK farming...

I personally use 3.01 as it essentially is everything 2.72 has but is made by the original addon creator and is easily accessible on Curse.com instead of going to the fan page to get 2.72

If you have 2.66 or 2.72 I can still que you into BGs just fine as they ARE backwards compatible. I HIGHLY recommend leaving 2.66 behind. There is a compatibilty issue though in that I cannot see your resilience/class if you have 2.72 and I have 3.01

Either way, imo, just get 3.01 unless you are a hardcore Rath strat Preform guy on the open vent channel.

Thanks for the bumps guys :)

P.S. 3.01 is NOT broken btw. The independant person who made version 2.72, which was a cool update, is all butt hurt the addon creator decided to create another version and is spreading lies that 3.01 is somehow broken. It works just fine, has all the new features of 2.72, but is completely re-coded by the addon creator and is even less demanding and even more stable than his original 2006 code lol. I know this because I know the addon creator lol.
Edited by Arkaan on 6/20/2012 11:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Just did another round of 15 man BGs... thanks for all who came.

We successfully got someone battlemaster too, as well as various hard to get achievements.

overall, we had fun!
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
Sounds like something I could have used while grinding Battlemaster xD I'll tell my guildies about your group!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Actually in regards to Preform AV 2.72 is popularized as the "fan update" and is widely used on the open vent community for Rath Strat HK farming...e

yeah that's where i be

P.S. 3.01 is NOT broken btw. The independant person who made version 2.72, which was a cool update, is all butt hurt the addon creator decided to create another version and is spreading lies that 3.01 is somehow broken. It works just fine, has all the new features of 2.72, but is completely re-coded by the addon creator and is even less demanding and even more stable than his original 2006 code lol. I know this because I know the addon creator lol.

ah i guess i used the wrong wording when i said broken, but they say it wasn't backwards-compatible with 2.72

ne who if i ever run in to you while you doing some premades ill holla, miss em'. i personally liked your strat and your reassigned grouping before entering the bgs, AV in particular

that rath strat sure is a farm fest, i am so glad i never rolled alliance. 300+ hks every 20 mins is rediculous...

i told myself i wasn't gonna farm bloodthirsty that way and grind it out, but... solo pugging... yeah i liked the satisfaction of entering a game down 0-2 and you run it back on em and win it for the team, but not so much now. idk where all the pvpers went...

1-20 hks a game would take 3000 or so days. now im sitting at 25 or so days of grinding, bout to take pallywannabe's spot on the most hks on zj hehe

ps what yall know bout that spam eggs and rice
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

bout to take pallywannabe's spot on the most hks on zj hehe

I assume you and he both have an alt with 100k+ HKs? See below

1 Struh Way of the Warrior Zul'jin-US 313,439
2 Mengus Is a Subatomic Particle Zul'jin-US 292,704
3 Dennar Gardiens du Lys Zul'jin-US 289,433
4 Monkeyperson Aurora Zul'jin-US 270,611
5 Terminatorr Zul'jin-US 265,709 Not updated
6 Torrent Rebirth Zul'jin-US 218,450
7 Hypperion Damage Plan Zul'jin-US 215,481 Not updated
8 Pallywannabe Is a Subatomic Particle Zul'jin-US 208,716 Not updated
9 Conqueress Solid Zul'jin-US 207,894
Reply Quote
Ya I was gonna say I thought Struh had that achievement =p

Either way, I wonder what a lot of people's HKs are going to show come MoP when they make those account-wide :)

And conqueress sounds good we'd love to take you.

But ya, if the Raid Leader has 3.01 he can que all with 2.72 without issue, if you are leading with 2.72 then you can't que people with 3.01 since that would be forwards compatible and the Rath strat guys hardcore rage at you if you have it like that lol
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
06/21/2012 09:44 AMPosted by Arkaan
But ya, if the Raid Leader has 3.01 he can que all with 2.72 without issue, if you are leading with 2.72 then you can't que people with 3.01 since that would be forwards compatible

makes sense, ty
Reply Quote
LOL omg, I was going through the code for the "fan update" by bitbytes 2.72 av enabler and it has a bunch of extra stuff in there he is not telling people about. He actually has some features he programmed in that are exclusive to HIS name and toon only, such as being able to take control of your clients (a feature against the TOS in accordance with addons).

He actually can force all of you w/o your knowledge to report people afk, or any one of the reporting features. Do you trust that he is a noble person and wouldn't use this maliciously against a guy in one of his own raids that was annoying him?

Anyway, all I am saying is that the fan update was a nice progression, but there is some hidden stuff he is not telling people about. It's right there in the code if you open it up. Either way, imo, get 3.01
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
bump
Reply Quote
HAIL SAP + Horde members of Zul'Jin

I present to you a new video, documenting the endless war against the Alliance. Their forces are growing and their numbers gaining, and not all battles are victorious.

Zul"jin Horde, join us, Subatomic Particles in fighting back against them! Re-fill our ranks!

SUBATOMIC PVP awaits you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yM-NhxEXME

www.subatomicpvp.com to fill out a quick application.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
bump
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]