Things You Don't Want To Hear Healing PuGs 8

88 Blood Elf Priest
I just had a group that made me facedesk hard. pally tank, feral cat, warlock and ice mage. we got to the trash befroe the last boss. its the rhinos that silence a spell caster well the tank decided that i would be fine eating every silence they threw out and blamed me for the wipe, after we rez the feral ask if he can be the healer while i dps (he had no resto os) told him no tank lets me eat every silence again then decides to start cussing me out in party chat saing how bad i am and that i should just kill myself before i can even rez i get kicked from the group. why do low level groups have to be so bad?
85 Draenei Priest
While the cussing in chat is bad, the silence on those packs is range based. You can be in healing range yet out of range of the silence.
I was a bad poster, and put this on the wrong thread :P
So this is where we vent? cuz i need a hug...

I still consider myself learning at this level, but I definatly know healing; with 110 5-man dungeons run, only 3 wipes on my watch, in all those runs - just did a BC heroic heal, 3rd heroic dungeon heal on this toon. Just had to leave in the middle, something I've never done yet as a healer. Here's how it went down-

Wipe on first mob because I died/tank didn't notice I had attackers. All regroup, and whats the first thing a dps'er says? "Where's the heals"... Are you f-ing kidding me? My response- "Watch it..." and we carry on.
Approaching first boss, tank runs a round a corner, engages boss, room locks everyone out. *grumble*... then adds in room commence to wipe us again.Regroup. Take the room/boss cleanly after someone asks, "Is this heroic?". >_>
Next big room, lots of baddies. Someone suggests, "We should just pull the whole room", smart mouth dps-er from before says "nah, healer wouldn't be able to handle it." gggrrrrrrr. Ok, I'm an adult, and WOW is not my life, so I certainly don't get in heated wow arguments, cuz if you do, you're stupid, period. More snarky comments, smart asz dps-er says healing is easy and his main is a paly, and basicaly, he's god's gift to warcraft(is this a pompous-paly thing?). Blahblahblah(few freindly comments from me) My last comment was, "Well, at least I'm adult enough to know when people are wasting my time.", then left. Seriously, just standing around while smart-asz typing comments for 15 minutes....goodbye.

This goes to everyone--- Just because you can fly through old heroic content like some sort of all-powerful viking god from warcraft heaven at level 85(I know how this feels, my main is a DK) when you get on your lower level alts, and run instances, you need to check your bad'aszed-ness at the door because you are in a lower level group now, with stangers, and need to work as a team to get the job done!! Some people may not have high powered items mailed to them from a high level main thats been on since vanilla. Also, just because heroics are available, doesn't mean you're can style them like non-heroics, without suitable gear.

And on a side-gripe, what's with every tank in a freaking hurry? No time to loot, hardly time to check mana, stats, quests. Jesus, SLOW THE F* DOWN!!!!!
I was a bad poster, and put this on the wrong thread :P
So this is where we vent? cuz i need a hug...

Yes this where you vent. And we've all had groups like that.

/hug
100 Dwarf Priest
I don't like it when pugs only want to bring 2 healers to 10m normal zonozz. Yes its been nerfed, yes normal zonozz should be an easy fight, but for some reason even with the nerfs this is just very stressful to 2 heal in your average pug.
90 Draenei Priest
We've had to pug one heal in my guild groups lately and I hate hearing that too from whatever pug healer we bring.

"So we're 2 healing this, right?"

Although I can 2 heal everything on normal with another good healer, I much prefer to do Spine and Boat with 3. We're not pushing progression, no reason to stress anyone.

Plus as a pug, unless you follow that up with "I have a dps spec", it's kind of rude to suggest that the regular guild healers go dps so someone else can main heal.
90 Undead Mage
was on my baby resto/feral druid earlier today. was healing seth halls and we had a shadow priest that was content to use psychic scream on any pull bigger than two mobs. it was damn near being used on cooldown. i don't know why said priest thought it would be a good idea to. maybe said priest thought that if everything went running inevery direction across gods' creation that we wouldn't die. i don't know. all i know is that it made my job, and the tanks, that much harder. especially considering that in seth halls, you have the time lost controllers that drop the MC totem that no one ever seems to kill >.>
90 Tauren Priest
Was tanking on my Pally for a couple of friends who needed Valor, one of whom was still rather new to healing. We got into Well of Eternity, and the whole time aggro kept on bouncing around for completely no reason. I was kind of spazzing out a bit because of it, double checking my RF, double checking other things...gawd. I thought it was glitching, because aggro would get away from me and head towards the hunter, but my grid never showed the hunter as having aggro. And it wasn't his dps, because it was lower than mine most of the time.

We get to Azshara and that was kind of messy. The top dps, the Warrior, completely ignored the hands, and I was the only one dpsing them down. We lost our healer towards the end, and ended up surviving with only myself, the warrior, and the Hunter.

It didn't hit me until we got to Vero'then that the hunter had been using Distracting Shot the ENTIRE dungeon. I had a good laugh at myself when I finally realized what was going on, I mean c'mon...derp...I HAVE a Hunter, so then I told the hunter to stop.

Rest of the dungeon ended fine...ish...

I ended with saying to the Hunter:

"Hunter, you're kind of a ##!@, but thank you for keeping me on my toes. I had a good laugh at myself when I finally realized what was going on."
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I just finished a Deadmines run, and just from the instance you can tell it was a fun one. Prot Warrior, Feral Druid, Demo Warlock, Marksman Hunter.

Reaver boss, the druid in the bot sits there with his mind in the clouds. We somehow snatch a victory after the Warlock takes a Harvest to the face, and I keep the tank, hunter, and I up through 5+ flame adds.

Gauntlet. The Druid thinks it would be fun to run through all the spiders, /swiping all the while. We wipe after I blow all of my cooldowns to try and keep me and the tank alive, after doing 40k hps.

Final boss. As a final gesture of how much my group hates me, everyone but I stands in the bomb radius o' death and demands a rez as soon as they get one-shot.

Counting the times the dps stood in fire on the Ogre boss, the Warlock and Druid getting one-shot after sitting on top of the tank when he opened the door to the parrot gauntlet, and everyone but me dying to the Mario Bros. electricity fun, there were 15 deaths that entire run.

And though it sounds egotistical of me, I cannot think of a single death that could have been prevented by me/was not caused by dps and tank standing in junk or not doing their job.

This is why I drink.
Edited by Oboron on 6/23/2012 11:16 PM PDT
100 Pandaren Priest
Just got done with the holiday boss. had a warrior tank, dk pally and hunter in the group. Tank for some reason choose to keep attacking Ahune and not gathering the adds. Dk says, "um tank wanna come and do your job?"

So far i haven't said anything to the tank although in did leap of faith his warrior behind back to me when he went to the boss before he was submerged. after the boss goes down tank pipes up with : some ugly, hateful people on tonight" I believe this was due to the dk basically calling him an idiot. I responded with " ugly, hateful people? you were the one attacking the boss and not the adds and acting stupid."

The pally agrees and tank had no comment. Now I now that there are people who haven't gotten to do the midsummer stuff before but you would think that as a tank you would see the adds popping up and realize, especially when the party pipes in and tells you, that maybe you need to be getting those and not the big frozen guy lol.
91 Night Elf Druid
06/23/2012 12:22 AMPosted by Dedmoomoohed
[u]you need to check your bad'aszed-ness at the door

yup, still there
90 Draenei Priest
Holiday boss Ahune, I'm watching the dps charts and the hunter is doing 380. Look at my mini map and he's still near the starting area.

"Hey thanks for helping us out hunter" I say. Guy still stands there doing nothing but must have contributed a shot or two to add up to 1k dps. Then we get

"dude we didn't wipe what's the problem?"

Yes, I'm sure tanks and healers wish they could afk an entire battle and just collect loot.

After that, a satchel run with a DK who overall seems to be tanking ok, but it takes such large damage hits, even spamming greater heal is NOT moving his health at all.

I mention that his health is bouncing around quite a bit and I get "I just turned 85"

8 pieces of 377 blue pvp gear, yeah that makes sense. I feel sorry for new healers that might have to deal with that though.
1 Gnome Priest
Just had a painful DS run last night on my warlock, mostly was the same guild except myself and a friend of mine.

They wanted to do BH beforehand, which was cool with me. I really should have used this as evidence of how the DS run would go though. First attempt, we lose a tank due to the other tank not taunting. Second attempt, same thing except we make it further. Third attempt, they switch tanks and things go better except we lost someone early and hit the enrage timer. Yes, the enrage timer. Fourth attempt finally does it. One of the healers pipes up about how the three of them did 30k hps combined, clearly impressed.

After looking in trade desperately for another run while they are getting organized, the DS run finally begins.

On Morchok I'm #3 dps with my 381 ilvl, my friend is #1 with his 386 ilvl, and one of their guys is #2, everyone else is pretty far behind. Great....

Yor'sahj, Zon'ozz, and Hagara go surprisingly well. Then came Ultraxiion, the fail pug stopper.

One of the guys suggested we use his save to spine to skip this Ultrax. Let the wipes begin. First attempt, lose 2 people to the first HoT. Second attempt, lose 2 people again, 1 being the same DK. Third attempt, lose the same dk again to the first HoT and another person soon after. I don't remember how many times this went on, I was watching Futurama and just watching for the fight to start.

At some point someone mentions how they've gotten H Ultraxion down to 6% before, then the tank mentions how he has tanked H Morchok before... I whisper my asking if I should mention how we farm 5/8 H, he laughs and demands I do. I don't feel like being an !@#, so I just wait around for them to pull.

Finally by some miracle everyone is paying attention to the RL calling out exactly when to click, not a single person died. I was in shock.

Ship goes fine, Spine is pretty ugly. After the first attempt it was clear this wasn't going to happen.

Looking at the healers, our priest's main heal was Flash heal, and the other 2 weren't so hot either.

Every plate took 2 lifts, never made it far enough to even have the third plate touched. We could have made it if the DPS wasn't so low. Only 3 of us broke 15k the whole run, which would have been enough if they didn't take so long to dps the tendon.

We eventually give up.
This isn't "bad" per se... but it did make me /facepalm and giggle alot.

I zoned into a WoE in progress right after Azshara was down. Thinking that was a rather odd time for the healer to leave or be kicked since he/she had made it through the hard part of the zone already. So I say...

Me: Wow, why would someone leave before the last boss?
DPS: He called us a fail group and left.
Tank: Yeah, but his DPS was lower than mine!

I replaced the healer.

81 Gnome Death Knight
My only interesting dungeon of the day was just that. Interesting.

On my baby disc priest we get good old Black Rock Spire! Our DK tank pulls the first few groups, goes up the stairs, pulls all the loose mobs, grabs 3 rooms and goes to town. After all that's down I'm at 75% mana. The tank and a dps drops group.

What?

Oh well. Using some creative MC and saps the rogue, shadow priest and myself clear the remaining groups and head towards the first boss. As we're discussing how to pull this off a tank and dps appear. Yay. We clear the first boss and the tank drops group.

What?

Oh well. Now with a frost trap we clear up to the second boss with our rogue tanking. Looking down at the boss we decide to go ahead and try it. We jump down, the hunter's pet drags along a few extra mobs and we get everything down. A tank magically appears. We clear the boss and the tank drops group.

Just kidding!

He stayed and we cleared both upper and lower BRS since we were actually queue'd for lower.
100 Tauren Druid
This was a new one for me. Decided to run a few randoms to farm JP, and zoned into End Time. The first boss is Jaina, and during the trash pulls, I realized someone had the /train emote macro'd to some spell they used repeatedly. This was incredibly annoying, and I asked whoever it was to please stop it. All three DPS started giving me crap, so during the Jaina fight, I let them die one by one to see who the culprit was. Then I rolled on the gear, and dropped.
100 Worgen Druid
06/23/2012 11:42 PMPosted by Brokenangel
Just got done with the holiday boss. had a warrior tank, dk pally and hunter in the group. Tank for some reason choose to keep attacking Ahune and not gathering the adds. Dk says, "um tank wanna come and do your job?"

I ran this dungeon yesterday with some guildies and I must say it was a bit harder than I'd expected. I had been helping with leveling and we randomed in there. It's been a while since I went into a dungeon without knowing what to expect. The adds respawned unpredictably and were a challenge to collect. Those ice spikes hit hard and our healer was still learning his spec. Finally I finished the boss solo after everyone else died and with all my cds blown. Someone said after the boss died that I "was a god" but I'd actually put that encounter in the fail column. I'm a fairly experienced tank so I'd imagine that you get a new tank in there and you'll have some serious headaches. I did run it again after just to check it out and it wasn't nearly so difficult but don't be too hard on tanks going through that dungeon their first time - especially if it's on accident.

Edit: LOL, I started playing in January so I guess as far as I'm concerned nothing existed prior to my experiencing it. XD
Edited by Druimeister on 6/26/2012 6:26 PM PDT
85 Night Elf Druid
Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the same holiday boss we've been doing for years, right? Has Ahune undergone any significant changes throughout his shelf life?
85 Goblin Shaman
So, had two pretty bad runs today.

Get into an End Time on Baine, clearly recovering from a wipe. I get to the platforms and there are skeletons everywhere, on every platform. Their strategy apparently consisted of all standing on the same platform, including the ranged and healers. So i instead go to my own, their platform gets smashed and they all come to mine. I leave to go to a new one. Repeat. Then we get to Jainna. 2 people die aggroing groups as we are split up collecting pieces. Finally unlock her and (wrongly) assume we will then clear at least one group of trash. Newp. Tank pulls Jainna, aggros side group, barely manage to survive it while killing the fountains of light myself, of course. Also I had to do the flarecores obviously, one even went off and nearly wiped us. Murozond was unremarkable except for the fact that the dps all stacked up on the far side of him which I've never seen before (including the ranged) leaving me to kite all the swirls, maintain range on them, heal and try to avoid the breath from the tank spinning him for some strange reason.

Then the clear winner group. Zone into an in progress Stonecore. Pally tank, dk, feral druid, hunter. First boss is dead and they are waiting at the tunnel. They tell me the previous healer disconnected, which at the time I thought, I guess that happens. The first pull consisted of 2 of the stomping giants and the pack of 3 flayers. 22k hps later everyone still alive, druid almost dies several times getting to slabhide trying to skin the flayers and I keep having to run back and toss him heals.
At this point nobody is above 10k dps.

Get to slabhide, tank pulls, everyone is standing in fire almost literally the entire time. First crystal thing 2 dps take dirt naps from that plus fire and I come out prematurely to spam heal the tank and another dps who also decide to eat the entire thing. Repeat this for the entire fight, something like 4 minutes and pretty sure I lusted also. The tank is spinning in cricles for some reason, spraying breath on everyone, meanwhile hitting every lava fissure possible. The Hunter actually gets trapped in the wall from getting hit by a falling spike and knocked back. Luckily depending on your perspective the boss was almost dead so he survived. Top dps around 7k, the tank.

Now i was really dreading Ozruk given this group's performance so far. Trash pull to Ozruk we wipe when the tank pulls the huge stomping guy and everyone lets a pat get away who runs to a group including 2 conjurers and they spam demon portal until about a gabillion imps are destroying us. The tank sees this and actually tries to run away. Run back in and rez the tank who afk'd to get a drink as if he was somehow blameless.

Tank pulls another group, then I clearly see his shield fly out and pull the double group on the right. Barely survive that 3 group trash pull, thank god for hex and wind shear since lord knows nobody else was going to interrupt (instance count 17 interrupts for me, 3 for the pally tank, 0 everyone else). Then tank decides another double pull is in order, pulls the ogre and the trash beside ozruk at once. The entire pull dozens of untanked imps are pushing back my casting.

Tank pulls Ozruk and...doesn't turn him. So I run through to the other side. First Ground Slam the feral druid dies. To the ground slam, yes. Tank and dk eat probably 4-5 shatters each. DK brezes the feral who accepts during the shatter and gets one shot. Just as we are finishing off the boss the pally tank turns him around for a ground slam and one shots me. Thanks!

The tank decides to pull all 3 groups of worshippers in front of the boss, in this group that the top dps is barely 10k on trash. Tank can't hold aggro, hunter dies even when spamming healing surge. Go to rez the hunter but the tank has other plans and pulls the boss. First rock throw the dk dies. I beg the feral to rez someone, no response. Several minutes later I ask again. He finally responds that he has no reagents to brez. Of course. 6 minute 37 second kill. Interrupt count for boss 11 me, tank 1. Damage done went tank at around 7k, feral druid at 6k, and me third at 2k.

The boss dies and the tank asks, "did we finish yet?"
Edited by Clocks on 6/24/2012 11:08 PM PDT
100 Pandaren Priest
I ran this dungeon yesterday with some guildies and I must say it was a bit harder than I'd expected. I had been helping with leveling and we randomed in there. It's been a while since I went into a dungeon without knowing what to expect. The adds respawned unpredictably and were a challenge to collect. Those ice spikes hit hard and our healer was still learning his spec. Finally I finished the boss solo after everyone else died and with all my cds blown. Someone said after the boss died that I "was a god" but I'd actually put that encounter in the fail column. I'm a fairly experienced tank so I'd imagine that you get a new tank in there and you'll have some serious headaches. I did run it again after just to check it out and it wasn't nearly so difficult but don't be too hard on tanks going through that dungeon their first time - especially if it's on accident.

Wouldn't have been bad if he had listened to us when we pointed out that he was attacking the wrong thing but he just ignored us and and kept attacking Ahune for some reason. I tend to be easy on tanks if the say they havent been in the instance before cause we all have to start somewhere, but when something is pointed out several times and they just dont listen I tend to let them either eat dirt or do a vtk on them. It is actually really hard to get me frustrated in groups anymore just due to the gear i have lol.

Edit: in response to Druimeister. stupid qoute thing didnt work right >-<
Edited by Brokenangel on 6/24/2012 11:48 PM PDT
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]