Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
55 Night Elf Death Knight
Reposting from the EU forums.
Basically whenever you post an item on the mobile AH above this number it'll go down to under 90k. Basically makes selling any big ticket items (TCG mounts for example) impossible to do on a mobile device.
Test it out using this method:
1. Open remote auction house on an iPhone
2. Post an auction of a single epic item (preferably Cenarion Bracers or Amani Dragonhawk, because those are the items that I've confirmed the bug with) for 515k bid and 520k buyout.
3. Check "My auctions" and see the bid and buyout price on the item.
4. Log onto wow and check the in-game auction. The bid and buyout prices SHOULDE now be displayed as 515k bid and 520k buyout, instead (because of the bug) they display 85503g 27s 4c bid and 90503g 27s 4c buyout!
The reasoning behind this:
520,000g = 5,200,000,000 copper.
5200000000 decimal = 135F1B400 hex
It's common to have a 32-bit limit on integer variables. The max 32-bit number is FFFFFFFF hex.
135F1B400 & FFFFFFFF = 35F1B400 (strips off everything above 32-bit)
35F1B400 hex = 905032704 decimal
905,032,704 copper = 90,503g 27s 04c
So your effective limit is 4,294,967,295 copper, or 429,496g 72s 95c.
EU thread here:
Buying, bidding, selling, browsing, or all? What gold amounts? Closer to the 32-bit mark (429,496 gold 72 silver 95 copper) or closer to the gold cap (999,999 gold 99 silver 99 copper)?
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.