85 Undead Warlock
Hunters need HEALS!!!!
Edited by Obliviatiön on 6/19/2012 4:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Priest
No.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I will admit it is difficult but once you get into the swing of thing's, it's not too bad.

:)
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
its the worst, i was trying to 2v2 and if u go double dps u die because no heals (but yet a warrior gets heals and a hunter doesn't) and if u go healer/ hunter not enough damage
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/19/2012 04:27 PMPosted by Obliviatiön
and if u go healer/ hunter not enough damage

What? I easily got points in 2s going disc/BM or MM. It's actually quite easy if you know what you're doing.

Hunters are hard to play; if you know what you're doing and if you communicate with your team mates they're pretty fun to PvP with and it is possible to win. We don't totally suck.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Rogue
nope.avi
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/19/2012 04:27 PMPosted by Obliviatiön
its the worst, i was trying to 2v2 and if u go double dps u die because no heals (but yet a warrior gets heals and a hunter doesn't) and if u go healer/ hunter not enough damage

This Hunter is at the top of the ladder. So he obviously had enough damage output to get there.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/arena/kelthuzad/2v2/flab%20STILL%20gettin%20it%20in/
Reply Quote
06/19/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Obliviatiön
Hunters need HEALS!!!!

Hunters just have to use the arsenal of cc they have to lock down the dps coming for them instead of trying to duke it out with them so they can help their partner kill the other guy.

I don't even like arena and I know that much.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
BS. If hunters are not going to get heals, then their counter-heal shot needs to be increased. Widow Venom is a joke.

Hunters are the only class in game without heals. Blizz vomits claim after claim about wanting parity. Well, either up our heals or fix widow venom.

Easy way to fix it too.

Call it Leeching Shot: A shot that siphons health from target and heals hunter.
Edited by Fadekyn on 6/20/2012 6:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Draenei Hunter
I heal my pet all the time :D
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 06:25 AMPosted by Fadekyn
Hunters are the only class in game without heals. Blizz vomits claim after claim about wanting parity. Well, either up our heals or fix widow venom.

Are you talking about the problem of not having better self heals for Arena? Since that is the only place I see a problem.

If they put my self heals on parity with a Mage that can escape, go around a corner or whatever and evocate I would be so OP people would be screaming for Hunter nerfs.

So up healing shots, or create a seperate shot, on parity with a Warlocks ability to self heal then. Um, okay, but more Warlocks are going to die to Hunters then.

Maybe your right. That level of self heal probably wouldn't impact pvp to much since you sacrifice one shot for another and only a little bit helpful on PVE to take a little more off the healers.

It would have to be a seperate shot that you lose a shot though significant focus cost though. Loseing a little bit of time out of your rotation isn't enough cost.

Upping heal percentage on existing dps shots without it costing something doesn't work well. It makes the shot to powerful to use without imballanceing the shot unless you increase the focus cost of the shot, or lowering the damage of the shot.
Edited by Vashidas on 6/20/2012 7:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
How so, they did it for all other classes. Why not us? Of course the heal should cost something. But classes that shouldn't have heals do, so why can't we? There is no logical argument against it.

And PVP-wise. Barring the rare top performer, hunters have routinely been at the bottom of the barrel throughout the history of WoW pvp, especially since LK. Go look up the pie chart ratios at the websites that track arena % ownerships at every rating tier.

I'm no pvp ace, but I'm above average and it is painfully obvious that we are the last class thought about when it comes to pvp.

A middle of the road temporary fix would be just to remove our distance limiter now. Since Blizz decided to ignore our PVP pleas over the last 3 years.
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 06:25 AMPosted by Fadekyn
Call it Leeching Shot: A shot that siphons health from target and heals hunter.

Most realistic idea, but it has to have a magical component of somekind and be a channeling shot, so it interupts your damage output enough its only worth useing when you really need the healing more then damage output.

If I can interupt a healers abilities to use allot of their heals, chase down a mage before they can evocate, others should be able to cc my ability to heal.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
Hunters do have heals... go BM and get a spirit pet

06/20/2012 07:36 AMPosted by Xaníth
Hunters are one of the best classes in the game for PvP. Just because YOU cannot play a hunter correctly, doesn't mean Blizzard should buff them.

^that also
Reply Quote
06/20/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Stabynarwhal
Hunters do have heals... go BM and get a spirit pet

And this already.

BM and a spirit beast can be just a nasty combination on someone that learns how to play this well.

I dueled one in front of Stormwind that was challengeing about a dozen of our realms Arena players to duels, and she didn't do arena, and she cleaned all of their clocks. Almost all the classes were there, that were all at least good at Arena with many of the top ratings on our realm, and practiced dueling out there everyday.

She comes to me. I outgear her and can burst damage the average hunter so bad they can't bring me down more then about a third of my health before they die.

So I figure I have a shot at being the only one that can kill her. I got roflstomped too.
Edited by Vashidas on 6/20/2012 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Yep. Believe it or not - with the exception of another Rogue and maybe a Feral Druid, they're one of the best matchups against a Rogue. The trouble is, there are just so many really bad hunters out there.

Which I have proven to myself over and over by out sneaking the sneaky classes. Hunters can get openers also, and lock them down, if they use some of the similiar, yet different methods that Rogues will use on other Rogues.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]