Horde Roleplay

90 Human Warlock
Recently, I have read a lot of comments from Horde roleplayers explaining that Horde-side roleplay is suffering. Needless to say, I am depressed. So, I'm going to start work on improving Horde-side roleplay. My plan is to initially start with a chat channel, as well as put together a guild for 'homeless' roleplayers.

I also need suggestions from the community. What can I do to best help all of you? Also, where is your preferred RP hub? My character on Hordeside is Kaelindra, so go ahead and friend me or shoot me a message.

Chat Channel: UnitedAD

This will take a while to get up and running, but don't give up! Tell all your friends, get the word out...there will be Horde RP yet! :D

Edit: Changed the name of the channel to make stuff easier.
Edited by Catíana on 7/8/2012 1:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I would be more then happy to throw a toon Horde-side and help out! Been watching and been a part of Alliance side growth.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
I have been reading and enjoying the "Underwing Inn" thread. This is the first time I have read a role playing thread and I'm really getting interested.
It's made me curious about how RP realms work, in-game RP, especially after some of the posts on the Underwing OOC thread.
So a really RL newbie question: how exactly *does* it work? How do the players connect to role play in-game? Do they do it through guilds or are there certain chat channels you connect to? Or do the characters meet somewhere as described above - and if so, how do they know when and where to meet?
Thanks in advance for any insight you can give me.
(BTW some of the writing in Underwing Inn is rather awesome!)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I have been reading and enjoying the "Underwing Inn" thread. This is the first time I have read a role playing thread and I'm really getting interested.
It's made me curious about how RP realms work, in-game RP, especially after some of the posts on the Underwing OOC thread.
So a really RL newbie question: how exactly *does* it work? How do the players connect to role play in-game? Do they do it through guilds or are there certain chat channels you connect to? Or do the characters meet somewhere as described above - and if so, how do they know when and where to meet?
Thanks in advance for any insight you can give me.
(BTW some of the writing in Underwing Inn is rather awesome!)

Good lord! A fan? hahahahaha. Thank you and welcome!!!

To answer your question everything you said is correct. Players can connect with eachother via Guilds, game chat (On this Realm there is a channel called UnitedAD on Alli side) we also have set areas and times to meet up (this is where the bigger group RPs usually happen). You can however find random people walking around starting Rp with people and it goes on from there. Go ahead and throw a toon over here and the community plus myself would be more then happy to teach you all you want to know!

And yes, I am being blown away by some of the writing in that thread. Very talented people out there.
Edited by Honadan on 6/24/2012 6:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Thank you so much for your reply! I was becoming a little bored with WoW and this is a new aspect I can explore. Always wondered how it worked. Now I have a starting point.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
> Good lord! A fan? hahahahaha.

PS: May I have your autograph? Ha ha ha.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
> Good lord! A fan? hahahahaha.

PS: May I have your autograph? Ha ha ha.

To my only fan!

-Honadan
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hello, and yes I would justify what you are saying about our dieing race known as roleplay. I've been on AD since pre woltk and its been a blast, but currently its not just the rp thats dieing, its the whole horde side server. I left this year to WrA alli side along with the last few people I knew rped on the server. that was about 5 people. The people that stayed, I have no idea where they are now. When there was rp it was in SMC, but rescently, I'm only finding myslef and a bunch of noobs there. Honestly I do not believe you could really help it. Sure you might bring it back up to that maybe 10-15 peopel that role played but I don't think it will ever be liek it use to.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
06/30/2012 05:32 AMPosted by Sterfry
Hello, and yes I would justify what you are saying about our dieing race known as roleplay. I've been on AD since pre woltk and its been a blast, but currently its not just the rp thats dieing, its the whole horde side server. I left this year to WrA alli side along with the last few people I knew rped on the server. that was about 5 people. The people that stayed, I have no idea where they are now. When there was rp it was in SMC, but rescently, I'm only finding myslef and a bunch of noobs there. Honestly I do not believe you could really help it. Sure you might bring it back up to that maybe 10-15 peopel that role played but I don't think it will ever be liek it use to.

Do not lose heart my friend! You will be very surprised how many people show up to re-kindle RP. Also, lots of people will be interested and start and YOU can help teach em' the ropes of RP! It can and will be done my friend, if for some reason numberes do not grow like we would like MoP will bring everyone (and then some) back and your community will be as it should!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
i have to say thank u for tryng to improve horde side for RP ill rlly enjoy it!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
and MOP will prolly bring back the horde and alliance RP since nuturel faction will be avaible for us, so we can choose our own destiny.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I'd hate to break it to you but i've been on your channel for a few days and all i've seen is me being the only one and someone coming on but not saying anything.
Horde RP you want on AD ya? loooook at guild name
<------------------
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree with Mas in the comment above me. Yes, people will come back when MoP starts, it was the same when Woltk came back, AD was alive again and there was people in Org. But if people do come back it will only be noobs and they will be discuraged by the snobs on Horde side that only rp with there little grp and find everyone else insignificant. Lately, I'm the only one in SMC and on your channel. I'm usualy on at night, but even before this dead zone there was maybe 10-20 people rping and having fun in SMC, either chilling in an inn or having some debate or fight. Either way theres been no improvement. And if people come back during MoP their going to find a dry husk with a few people clinging on and others shooting you down when you try to rp with them.

Oh and as to a guild, I rescently joined up with The Creed (Can't make the fancy C) but, they've been on the server since before i left to WrA, and that was maybe february. They've been nice and friendly, the GM remembers me from when there was still some rp. Getting to the point theres RP guilds, you just need to know what your looking for.
Edited by Sterfry on 7/3/2012 7:25 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Hey everyone? If you take a look at the original post, you'll notice I changed the name of the channel...so you're gonna want to join this new one. XD It'll make things much easier.

Plus, take a look at this: http://unitedad.wordpress.com/

That is our (hopefully) permanent website for Argent Dawn Roleplay. Go ahead and look it over, submit your char info, submit a guild...let's get everyone some recognition. :D
Reply Quote
75 Night Elf Hunter
I've been interested in horde rp myself, I've mainly done alliance but would like to roll a troll to rp with and help bring it back with you guys
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
It'd be wonderful to have you! Currently, we're working on setting up a Horde RP Hour on Mondays at 9 ST. During this hour it is intended for all RPers to get together in a Horde City and roleplay, generating awareness that RP still exists. I'll keep you guys updated!
Reply Quote
Do you have a particular city in mind, or will it change each time?

And has the Monday at 9 RP Hour started yet?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
The RP Hour has indeed started, and though it's a small movement, we're hoping that we'll be able to get the attention of Horde RPers, not just the alts of Alliance RPers. We have been roleplaying in Orgrimmar, but once we have more roleplayers, the intention is to move around.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I just wanna give you guys a well-deserved updated. :) Due to school starting, a -lot- of our roleplayers have been offline, which means that Horde-side UnitedAD influence has fallen between the cracks. However, this doesn't mean that we can't continue trying to further Hordeside RP.

I recommend that anyone interested joins the chat channel mentioned above, and sends me a whisper (Kaelindra) to join our Hordeside RP guild. Also, keep letting me know how I can help you guys! :)

Thanks, all!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Bumping for renewed interest!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]