Best Healing Class?

20 Orc Warlock
ooooh well shamans, druids, and priests are the top 3 healer classes but IMO i would choose shamans for water shield though human priests are good too with their The Human Spirit racial
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Shaman always heal the most, Druids that are good at their role are the best effective healers but yeah. Shaman always have the most overall healing.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
pally by far the end
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Best at what? RBGS, 2s, 3s, 5s (lol), 5man, 10 man, 25 man, heroic, normal?

Some classes have an edge on various types of gameplay, but at the end of the day you're better off with a skilled player who knows their class over somebody who just rerolled FotM.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Playing Holy Priest, and Disc Priest as a main, then going back and playing a Shaman and a monk healer, I would have to say out of those three Monk healing is completely OP. I don't have to do much to keep the party healed and using Mana plus Chi is pretty insane.
Shamans are quick easy and powerful on the heals and you can keep your party up fairly easy while leveling the class.
Priest is pretty rough with the mana cap now you really have to pay attention to your mana pool since the spells are so pricey to cast. Priest requires I believe a more "seasoned" player to manipulate properly unless you choose the "easy way out" and stay Disc the entire time but once you hit 85 you will notice a major lack in healing power.

As far as what I have seen and experienced while tanking Druids seem to have a very "easy" time healing. Their mana pool stays pretty high even through long battles. Since I heal as main when I tank I pay attention to my healers MP so the druids i have seen seem to have no issue. Same goes for Monk healers and my Shaman healers are just plain crazy with them jumping in melee and doing just fine with "light" damage and really good heals.

In short this is how I see it.
Priest Healing. You will need to pay more attention than most heal specs and be prepared. Damage mitigation for Disc is top tier and I have yet to see it beat, but the raw power behind the heal spells is slightly lacking. Mana cost of the class is too high in my opinion.

Monk Healing. Fairly simple and not much to it, a good starter heal class.

Shaman Healing. Kinda fun and versatile, your tougher armour plays a good role and most Shaman style armour can compliment or beat out the cloth a Priest can wear. A good starting point for a person who wants to heal and do a little damage.

Druid Healing(By what I have seen). Seems to be fairly simple, a combination of Shaman and Priest when it comes to raw healing power. The ability to change forms quickly is a bonus. Spells seem much cheaper than a Priest, however; the mitigation factor of Druid is no where near as high as a Disc Priest.

In MoP areas I would say a Druid first, Monk heals second, Shaman heals third, and sadly Priest last(in Holy spec). If you use Disc then you can reclaim first place because of the mitigation.
This was one undeads opinion.
Reply Quote
1 Human Rogue
I say a hunter. I saw one do 3million selfhealing in a battleground last night. No joke
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
08/23/2012 08:54 AMPosted by Elethia
For people looking to roll up a healer, asking "Which is best?" is hardly unreasonable.

When there are a dozen threads over the first three pages of the forum and a sticky explaining the basics of each, yes it is.

I was just thinking the same thing. It IS getting old. Just skim through the first page here...there are at least 4 threads asking this same ridiculous question.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
11/26/2012 01:09 AMPosted by Largemarge

When there are a dozen threads over the first three pages of the forum and a sticky explaining the basics of each, yes it is.

I was just thinking the same thing. It IS getting old. Just skim through the first page here...there are at least 4 threads asking this same ridiculous question.

This is an old thread that was necroed. Of course it is old!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Druids all the way
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I've played almost all of the healing classes at max level, however, it's not always about how much "HPS" or "OP Healing" you can do in a raid. Many times, it depends on the comp of your raid, it's heaviness to the melee or ranged side of DPS, and what kind of tanks you have. For instance, I believe it's useful to be a Holy Priest (not to mention it's my favorite class) because of your versatility. There is literally no situation where you need to freak. You simply switch your chakra, and heal. And if you need damage mitigation, go Disc, while your co-healers smash everyone out with heals. With all this said, it is MOST IMPORTANT to go with the class you enjoy the most.
Cheers,
Jaoyang of Wyrmrest Accord
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Priests, when they know what they are doing, seem to be the best. They are a tad more complicated than a few of the others, say Monks. I have a friend who could keep members above half health in raids by herself while they have three or four levels on her each. I would have to say Holy Healing for Raids, Disc for PvP. In my opinion.

Druids are fairly simple, though Mana is a hastle. I find it quite easy, though I am not level 90 yet. So far, I find it fairly smooth. Well, I do when the tanks and DPS know what they are doing. I would like to say Druid is the best, but I don't think that's the case.

Monks seem to be fairly easy, and quite powerful with their heals. I have not played one, so I am not going to say anything further.

Same with Shamans, but it is one of the more difficult ones to play, I think. They are definitely more active with their healing, though.

EDIT: Someone tell me how accurate that was? I didn't say much, but I still want some feedbacks.
Edited by Alerrane on 12/2/2012 6:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Any thoughts on Holy Paladins?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have a resto druid, and in BG's it seems like Hpallies are the ones that dont get shut down very easily. Can withstand some beatings.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
whatever class you like playing most and whatever character has the best gear. i've been outdone by disc priests before but they had better gear than i did
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
shadow priests before the pvp power nerf.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
On my server if you'd sit and read trade it's always "doing xyz boss need monk/shaman healer" they would not even take a druid nor consider one.

Yesterday I got into an argument why a dk who was leading 3rd boss raid in HOF would not want a druid healer - his reply was "They are not good aoe healers". I asked him then if he ever played with a good healing druid he said "yes" and then he added "they can't heal good in groups"....I told him then he played with bad druid...

Anyway I have had hard time getting into some pugs because I am NOT a monk or a pally healer nor shaman who have hero. I love my class to death and have been playing it since BC but looks like I'd have to re-roll this expansion /sob
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Resto Druids.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
No would say Priest cause nothing can beat the bubble and's thats just OP
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]