Reclassification of Feathermoon

90 Night Elf Hunter
06/29/2012 07:38 AMPosted by Tufak
Sorry, little one, but I have no interest in your deposed and exiled princess that just happens to also be a master swordsman ninja-ess that can see ghosts and was made into a slave by Garrosh, only to escape (leaving her boyfriend behind to be killed, of course) and be on the run now.

Reminds me of the Night elf Death Knight back in Wrath who spoke to ghosts, carried a vial of Illidan's blood around his neck (DK with Illidan's blood....?), and had the self-claimed title of World's Strongest.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
This came up on Facebook and I feel it needs mentioning here.

Being a good or bad RPer has alot less to do with the content and a ton to do with the delivery. If you want to play something off the wall that is fine if your group is cool with it. However you can't be a !@#$ when random people don't acknowledge you as a super amazing dragon god.

A "bad" RPer is one who stomps all over other peoples idea, railroads plots to suit themselves, godmods at every opportunity and is just a general douche about everything.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
All this talk of bad RP makes me miss Uthas.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
This came up on Facebook and I feel it needs mentioning here.

Being a good or bad RPer has alot less to do with the content and a ton to do with the delivery. If you want to play something off the wall that is fine if your group is cool with it. However you can't be a !@#$ when random people don't acknowledge you as a super amazing dragon god.

A "bad" RPer is one who stomps all over other peoples idea, railroads plots to suit themselves, godmods at every opportunity and is just a general douche about everything.

If you want something off the wall to be accepted by people out side of your group you can get away with it if you build up a reputation.

i think Rothgraar (i think that's how he spelled it) did RP as a dragon in another form, but Roth was well known as a cool person and a good player.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
06/29/2012 12:50 AMPosted by Torage
I just want all of you to know that i am 100% in character when i'm killing you.

http://i.imgur.com/InWe8.gif
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

I gagged at the thought that I actually agree with Alanth on something....

Yeah, all about how you present yourself before displaying your lore. Ocba, for example, missed 10,000 years stuck in a time-stopped dimension. I came up with this because I transferred to Feathermoon back in BC at level 54; I.E. the dimention collapsed and Ocba was released. After that I had the opportunity to build up my lore (after a great extend of night elf lore gathering) to put him into the War of the Ancients and to put the cause of his dimentional prison through a Highborne before their exile to Lordaeron.

I think, though, that lore needs to stay within the bounds of Blizzard's lore. Dragons have humanoid forms, with their hair representing their dragonflight; so a character RPing as a dragon is reasonable. Night elves were immortal at one point and lived thousands of years. Gnomes and Dwarves both suffered from the Curse of Flesh, so an Earthen or Mech-gnome recently become fleshling makes sense. And so on, and so forth. As long as it has WoW lore, it can be used. But a single character killing Illidan, Arthas, Ragnaros, and mortally wounding Garrosh before Garrosh could run away to safety makes no sense (granted if they have server first, it can be acknowledged).
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
I just remembered my toon has a full bio page at WoWWiki:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Server:Feathermoon_US/Nocturna

Needs some updating, though. @_@
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Feathermoon needs to stay rated a RP server. When I started WoW I looked at teh server choices and decided RP was what I wanted. I felt it would be the best place for me to learn the game and I had RPed on Forums and table-top games so that fit my comfort zone. I thought, "These people I will have something in common with to learn this game full of strangers."

Change it to PvE and people like me won't come here. Maybe I am a minority, but I do know the RP tag is what brought me to Feathermoon to begin with and the community here made me stay.

There is RP, I see people with roleplay addons all the time, from guilds I never would have thought had roleplayers. Filled out MRP, not empty ones. Almost every Darkmoon Faire I bump into someone wanting to rp, a random stranger I haven't met before. There are RP events in various places too. It may not be as prevalent as Moon Guard or Wyrmcrest Accord, but it's there if you want to find it.

For example, today I used a potion of illusion to copy a goblin for the fun of it and we had a cute RP dialog. Nothing serious, but you don't have to always have a long reaching drama/story to RP. People are afraid to start RP if not with those they know. I am often pleasantly surprised by how receptive players on Feathermoon are (in general) to random RP.
Edited by Vinya on 7/1/2012 7:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
I guess there's been enough RP for there to be roleplayer drama recently, so there's that. :\
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
07/01/2012 09:02 PMPosted by Konros
I guess there's been enough RP for there to be roleplayer drama recently, so there's that. :\
Heck, man, sometimes all you need for that is two roleplayers and ten minutes.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
07/01/2012 09:22 PMPosted by Tarquin

And the tram.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
07/02/2012 06:46 AMPosted by Nocturna

And the tram.

And a few bottles of Junglevine Wine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Don't make it obvious you're erping.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
Ive been on this server since launch, prolly longer than 99% of the people posting in this thread. The server will never change from an RP server, ever! If you want high end pve transfer to a high end pve server.. pvp.. guess what there is a server for that to.

Feathermoon has a lot more RP than you can imagine and the player base seems to be much much more mature than other servers. That being said Thorsmight maybe feathermoon just isnt the right place for you.
Reply Quote
Ive been on this server since launch, prolly longer than 99% of the people posting in this thread. The server will never change from an RP server, ever! If you want high end pve transfer to a high end pve server.. pvp.. guess what there is a server for that to.

Feathermoon has a lot more RP than you can imagine and the player base seems to be much much more mature than other servers. That being said Thorsmight maybe feathermoon just isnt the right place for you.

Ahem.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Feathermoon's #1 export is high school drama, Slinter. That and snarky holier-than-thou's.

If someone could invent a machine that would generate energy from drama and snark, and hook it up to Feathermoon, I'm pretty sure it could power a small nation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Feathermoon's #1 export is high school drama, Slinter. That and snarky holier-than-thou's.

If someone could invent a machine that would generate energy from drama and snark, and hook it up to Feathermoon, I'm pretty sure it could power a small nation.

Have you been to other RP servers? I've seen a lot worse causally from WrA and Moon Guard.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
07/05/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Slinter
Ive been on this server since launch, prolly longer than 99% of the people posting in this thread.

Oi!
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Hunter

Have you been to other RP servers? I've seen a lot worse causally from WrA and Moon Guard.

((

Yeah...we have had a recent influx of members joining TCS that came to Feathermoon to flee drama on WrA caused by one particular clique there.

Heck, I have an alt on that server and even I had a run in with that group that they tried to turn into drama with me. You can imagine how far that got.

))
Reply Quote
About as far as "wait wait, I wasn't finished yet!"

AND ITS MY BIRTHDAY SO YOU CAN'T YELL AT ME. HA.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]