Reclassification of Feathermoon

90 Night Elf Hunter
ugh Elyle ugh

Happy birthday!
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Hunter
About as far as "wait wait, I wasn't finished yet!"

AND ITS MY BIRTHDAY SO YOU CAN'T YELL AT ME. HA.

((

More like:

Them: 'You RP with X person and I don't like them so I don't want to RP with you either!'

Me: 'Kay.'

Them: 'Wait...aren't you going to beg me to RP with you?'

Me: 'Nope.' *walks off*

Them: 'But...'

))
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
So I wonder if Thorsmight just wants it reclassified so he doesn't get name-reported.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I vote we end the RP is dead stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Shut up, Bricu!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I thought I was special when you told me to shut up, Nocturna... I feel cheap.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
So, that and a buck fifty means I can hang out with a dead guy? Fair enough.
Reply Quote
Roleplay doesn't exist on Alliance. You can't really RP with mobs. You just kill and loot them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Sad to say but this server is more for trolls and people just sitting in SW or ORG. Hard to find a group, the realm is dead due to Diablo 3 being released. I will be transferring realms due to boredom here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
07/22/2012 09:19 PMPosted by Carregmus
the realm is dead due to Diablo 3 being released

lol
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Everyone shut up! <3
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Don't talk to your emperor that way.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

There is much that can be done by BOTH Blizzard AND the playerbase. Unfortunately, role playing is not well encouraged anywhere in this game now. *sadface*

While Blizz could do a lot to encourage RP, the best one can hope for is that they work on their storylines to ensure that they allow for RP and interaction. While the player base maybe able to do a lot to influence Blizz in these directions, that process is long, involved and takes a lot of energy.

Instead, the RPers in WoW need to take charge of their RP. This means we need to be more public, we need to hold more events, we need to deal with the trolls and dipwads who grief us and we need to work together.

Bemoaning the state of RP won't improve it. Working on your own RP and working with the community--no matter how hidden or insular it maybe--is the only viable way to bring about RP.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
There is much that can be done by BOTH Blizzard AND the playerbase. Unfortunately, role playing is not well encouraged anywhere in this game now. *sadface*

Unfortunate, but true. And to a large degree, I think a lot of this has to do with the babyfication that Bliz did with the Cata release. Simplying so many quests, nerfing (not in respect to the raids, but rather things like Insane in the Membrane, badly nerfed), the declaration of portals in Dalaran being closed so that people would be forced to interact throughout the realm - and instead, they put portals for every new area in the Alliance and Horde main cities, thereby killing the other cities (when was the last time you heard anyone talking about being a member of the IF Defence Corp?).

This used to be a game to enjoy, and now it is just a place to go, and leave whenever, nothing really keeping you here (except for the addiction that many still have been unable to shake), but the additiction does not make the game any more enjoyable - it just keeps you paying your monthly fee and logging in and out to do something.

Oh well, the cost it right, and probably the only reason I still continue here, as the 'fun' as being really tempered by the way things have changed, and hard to see where it is for the better (unless you are an accountant, or investor, and looking at the bottom line) - but this is the way it goes I guess.

Wait a moment - where did the DoDo bird go?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
((Is that a dare, cause I'll take you up on that.

I'll go so far to say that RP will not be dead on Feathermoon on September 25, 2013. It's not dead now and it won't be dead then.

Plenty of people in the player base do encourage RP.))
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Here are a few suggestions on part of Blizzard. I RP in LOTRO as Herbigharo and Sadgati on a 3.5 lvl 80 server. Both have player housing. Yeah, a private server has a housing district in several capital cities. After MOP releases, the next major update should not emphasize end game or fueling addictions but rather tools for role playing. Here are several to keep in mind:

1. Add musical instruments and notes - How cool would it be to have bands playing everywhere. I am a member of the Lonely Mountain Band on Landroval server. JUST DO IT!!! Add it to game please.
2. Player Housing - Add housing districts to capital cities. Yeah, it is a fluff item. All of the professions in WoW are there to create items for houses. Tailoring and Archeology comes to mind!
3. Customization of appearance on mounts - A nice beautiful saddle on that netherdrake with a gold trim is a good start.
4. Update to character models - The character models are old and could really use more bones.
5. Emotes - With updated character models, we can dance or do the two-step without crushing toes.... LOL
6. Audit on all old world zones - adding flying mounts has had consequences. Go through all the areas that has been merely filled in and add life to those mountain ranges. Replace trees which appears to have sloppy tops.
7. Non Casual RP Server: Have several servers which requires a player to submit a 3 paragraph / 3000 character essay about their character. On such server only allow 2 characters per faction. If a person only wants to grind LFR or will not write a small essay probably should be on a PvE or PvP server anyways.

In the end, RP has to be encouraged and supported by the game community. If the player base will not encourage RP in WOW, we will likely see RP disappear all together on the subscription servers within a year during Mists Of Pandaria expansion.

This is a wonderful wishlist of things that, if Blizz did, would make RP more immersive and vibrant. We probably won't see most of them--but if you want to organize a petition drive to see if we can get some of these features, i'll sign.

These features, however, are not necessary for rp. Here is what one needs for RP:

1) A place to RP
2) People to RP with.

We have both. Some of the problems we face are as follows:

1) Not enough public RP
2) Not enough linkage/cohesion between stories
3) We're older.

Part 3 is the most difficult one to face. FM is an old server, and if the population is like the sample I game with, People have !@#$ to do. For example, the people I hang with regularly have new responsibilities (School, jobs, babies, plots) to deal with. These have to take priority to our virtual fun. WE can get around it by scheduling...but schedules are often interrupted by other, more pressing matters.

Features won't return FM to the BC days. Nothing will. And to be fair, Forget the BC days. WE have new stories, new people and we can do better than BC. It is just going to take effort.
Reply Quote
1) Not enough public RP
2) Not enough linkage/cohesion between stories
3) We're older.

This is pretty much the truth. People age and as they do they develop responsibilities and sometimes that complicates their ability to partake of activities that would otherwise interest them.

Lack of public RP has been a longstanding criticism of Feathermoon roleplay and to an extent that is true, you're not going to perhaps instantly find groups of roleplayers if you don't know who you are looking for or where to find them. Beneath that veil however is a great community that has been hearing that roleplay was dead since probably December 2004. Roleplay on this server exists, it just must be found.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Some of the newer Riders have pushed us older Riders to be more public. So we are. And I'm hosting an event to night, on IRC, to help discuss what we can do to make RP more readily available. A quick link is here : http://search.mibbit.com/channels/MMOIRC

Please feel free to join.

One final note: I don't plan on this solving every RP issue. I do think that by discussing this, we can go over what has been problematic.

Wait. What the hell happened to my sig?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]