titan speaking rogues.

85 Goblin Rogue
Alright, this has been bugging me for a good long time. Around the start of Wrath of the Lich King a rogue on my old server informed me that there was such thing as Titan speech. It was random who got it, and ive only heard of rogues getting it but I guess I lucked out. Now, here is what im wondering. How many other rogues have this? Because i think it would be pretty neat to see if we can talk cross faction with it or not. As far as I've read you can but I have yet to meet another rogue on Blackwater Raiders that has the ability. So let me know on here whether you can understand it or not. I'll probably be hitting up stormwind to see if anyone yells back at me in it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Never heard of this.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
It was a bug in the game when Wrath was launched. People who had completed the AQ quest chain/s, at least up to the point of learning Draconic; were able to speak Titan. But, the bug was fixed and the quest chain has been entirely removed from the game with the launch of Cataclysm. For reference though, Titan -is- an actual language in the game. There is an Alliance quest in Howling Fjord where you use a makeshift Titan construct to spy on some Iron Dwarves and they run over and speak to you in Titan. But, it shows up already translated. Sorry. :(
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Yeah, I've seen some of those reasons around. Though when wrath was launched this rogue was only level 19. A twink, or or as much of a twink as you could have. Because people also say it is from a quest chain in uldamon. I don't know for certain but when I spoke to a Blizzard employee about another topic, I mentioned this and he quoted wowhead to me, than demanded barbecue. Or a tripple whopper, which ever was quicker for me to get him. I was in stormwind today and will be again tomorrow, yelling myself hoarse trying to find others like me.
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Warlock
It actually is true that rogues can speak cross-faction with it, believe it or not. I've seen it done myself.

I believe the reason has to do with rogues that completed the AQ chain - nobody knows why but it probably has to do with the fact that the world first person to unlock the gates was a rogue, I think.
Edited by Aakarshan on 6/20/2012 1:14 AM PDT
Reply Quote
45 Tauren Paladin
SS or it didn't happen.
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Warlock
06/20/2012 06:22 AMPosted by Remnit
SS or it didn't happen.
That would be kind of a weird thing to screenshot.

I'm just sayin'
Edited by Aakarshan on 6/20/2012 7:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
45 Tauren Paladin
Nothing is too weird for SSs. Or too not weird.
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
I want to speak Titan with the cool kids
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Hmm, if baby Aakarshan says it's true it must be so! Though, again, I was only level 19 when i found out this rogue could speak titan... And im not that awesome that I did the AQ quest chain at that level. I'll be back to SW later. Yelling and crying to myself, as rogues are known to do.
Reply Quote
45 Tauren Paladin
I found a cross-faction titan-speaking video from 2009. Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR-2VTlea40
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
Why am I always weary about going to links found in the Blackwater Raiders forums?
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
Probably traumatized by Gil and his cakeroll linking
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Warlock
06/20/2012 03:33 PMPosted by Krakish
Hmm, if baby Aakarshan says it's true it must be so!
Look into this dark, nondescript face and tell me I'd lie to you.
Edited by Aakarshan on 6/20/2012 5:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue
If there is anyone I can trust I'm sure it's a shady faced demon summoning spinny jumping elf! Well, that's two nights in a row that no one has answered me and the first death. Not very friendly gaurds you have there. I will now be closing this chapter of my life and assume that I am the only rogue on Blackwater Raiders that can speak the language of the titans and should therefore be worshiped as a god or some form of demi-god.
Reply Quote
2 Blood Elf Warlock
Or just a green midget who likes to spout gibberish.
Reply Quote
37 Goblin Rogue
This makes me want to level and see if I mysteriously get it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
My rogue from pre tbc can speak Titan, and he's still only lvl 30
Dunno how I got it and didn't pay much attention to it. At the time I thought it was a normal lvling thing for rogues, but this guy can't do it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]