Arms Vs Prot. Warrior

90 Human Warrior
I really don't know which skill tree should I decide to use. I just change from Arms to Prot. warrior, but they have their own advantages and disadvantages. Can anyone gives a complete evaluation on the advantages and disadvantages of Arms and Prot. Warrior and recommendation on which skill tree should I choose?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
06/20/2012 07:38 PMPosted by Gengkiskan
I really don't know which skill tree should I decide to use. I just change from Arms to Prot. warrior, but they have their own advantages and disadvantages. Can anyone gives a complete evaluation on the advantages and disadvantages of Arms and Prot. Warrior and recommendation on which skill tree should I choose?

Well arms and prot are completely different roles.

From your last post I assume you only mean for a trial. At level 20 really you're just looking at a tank and a dps. Arms will rely on their strong mortal strike hit that decreases healing done while prot will be the defensive spec and be good for flag carrying and the like.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
^Planning to upgrade in the near future :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
06/20/2012 08:11 PMPosted by Gengkiskan
^Planning to upgrade in the near future :)

Oh that changes things a lot then. Arms is a very powerful dps spec in PVE and pvp. It relies on 2 handers and it's penultimate ability is bladestorm, a very insane mobile AOE attack that also makes the warrior immune to some abilities while he is doing it. Arms main attack is mortal strike that hits hard and lowers healing done on the enemy. Arms also gets sweeping strikes which allows their attacks to hit multiple enemies when it is up.

Prot warriors have been the standard tanking class since the game launched. They use the rage generated from being hit to pull off all their tanking skills. Some of their main skills include thunder clap which makes enemies attack slower, shockwave which stuns enemies in a cone, concussive blow which stuns an individual enemy, and shield slam which along with being a strong attack also removes a magic effect from the enemy. As with all tanks they are expected to be keeping the group from harm by taking most of the damage. Prot warriors also make use of powerful tanking cooldowns which can decrease their damage taken or increase their HP.
Edited by Monmonn on 6/20/2012 8:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
In addition to what Monmonn said above, those roles of dps and tanking are most obvious in a group role such as a dungeon. Many will prefer to stay dps as they learn the game, as a tank is most often looked upon to lead a group. Don't let that discourage you if tanking is what you want though.

Prot warriors in a tank role have the job of holding aggro (keeping the enemies attacking them) and using cooldowns to stay alive as well as position the mobs for the group to attack. Arms warriors in a dps role have the job of killing the mobs and staying out of harm's way. Those trees will define the role you will be expected to fill in a dungeon.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
06/20/2012 09:38 PMPosted by Valrys
Prot warriors in a tank role have the job of holding aggro (keeping the enemies attacking them) and using cooldowns to stay alive as well as position the mobs for the group to attack. Arms warriors in a dps role have the job of killing the mobs and staying out of harm's way. Those trees will define the role you will be expected to fill in a dungeon.

Up until heroic 5-mans and raids, you are a meat shield.

:P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]