Feral PvP in MoP

85 Night Elf Druid
OOB
I apologize ahead of time if this topic has already been beaten to death...new Druid here and I'm curious about some of the upcoming changes.

Been playing rogue since vanilla but recently I've been lvling through PvP on this Druid and I absolutely love the playstyle of a feral and all the versatility I have... I had planned on playing him in MoP but now I'm a little disturbed at some of the changes I've heard about.

Is our PvP playstyle going to be completely different? No more utilizing cat AND bear? Are we literally going to have to pick one or the other and be either a "rogue" or a "warrior" or will we still be utilizing both but just won't have talents in/be as effective in both? No more tanking rogue dmg in bear?

I hope there will be some hybrid aspect of the class that remains...that's part of what makes it so interesting to me, someone please tell me what I wanna hear! Haha jk, tell me the truth...I just hope it isn't all bad because if I wanna play a rogue...well...I have a rogue for that :)
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Druid
There is a misconception that feral cat druids in mop will be staying in catform and not be using bear form much cause its not the same as cata where its what you do when ppl start beating on you. But, if you look at the new talent tree you will see that bearform is just different now such as frenzied regeneration having just a 1.5 sec cd and you also have might of ursoc. On top of that, if you glyph for fae's silence you will have to go into bearform its a good spell if successful. You still get a bonus armor contribution when you go into bear but it wont be as good as guardian obviously. The way you survive has changed but the hybrid aspect of it hasnt.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
Sounds like old school warrior. Where the new stances (forms) really don't do much but you switch to them for just one ability. Lame.
Reply Quote
06/23/2012 02:11 AMPosted by Weepea
Sounds like old school warrior. Where the new stances (forms) really don't do much but you switch to them for just one ability. Lame.

All bear form is really used for now is the increased dodge/armor, Frenzied Regen, Feral charge (half the cd of kitty Feral Charge)...

I don't think its going to change at all...when I go bear form to stay alive in cataclysm its the same way a warrior used to do it. I go bear, hit defenses then go back when my health permits...Warriors throw on a shield and hit shield wall with Enraged Regen....

It's the same concept and from the way Dsy describes it.
But, if you look at the new talent tree you will see that bearform is just different now such as frenzied regeneration having just a 1.5 sec cd and you also have might of ursoc. You still get a bonus armor contribution when you go into bear but it wont be as good as guardian obviously. The way you survive has changed but the hybrid aspect of it hasnt.
Edited by Tiger on 6/23/2012 4:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
OOB
Hmmm not sure if I like this yet or not. I just hope that Ferals will be required to utilize all forms in order to excell in PvP like we do now with lifeblooms/cyclones in caster, dps in cat, and bash/charge/survivability in bear. I'm just a bit weary of them doing some sort of complete overhaul where the entire playstyle is changed.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
06/24/2012 02:40 AMPosted by Xaxo
So fricking irritating when I almost kill the cat then he changes to bear, gains his life and runs away like a scared little kitten.

Another L2P complaint. When the bear has a green glowey aura.... STOP SMACKING IT........ -.-;

06/24/2012 02:40 AMPosted by Xaxo
What if a frost DK could respec ina bg or arena to a blood dk in the middle of a fight, gain back a bunch of health the change back to frost WHILE FIGHTING. It's retarded.

Yet you have no problems with Pally bubble + LOH? You can completely negate a feral's CD just by not hitting the bear for a whole 20 seconds. (What ever will you do in the mean time?)
Edited by Taswind on 6/24/2012 12:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Another L2P complaint. When the bear has a green glowey aura.... STOP SMACKING IT........ -.-;

^^^^^^^^ so much this

It's amusing how people know what to do when mages or rogues or warriors use X skill.. but when it comes to ferals it's 'tunnel the bear time' followed by complaints.

As for the OP, we will still use bear form, but not for what we do right now on live. It's more utility than survival...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
OOB
06/24/2012 06:05 PMPosted by Waraila

^^^^^^^^ so much this

It's amusing how people know what to do when mages or rogues or warriors use X skill.. but when it comes to ferals it's 'tunnel the bear time' followed by complaints.

As for the OP, we will still use bear form, but not for what we do right now on live. It's more utility than survival...

So are we losing survivability or keeping it and gaining utiility?
Reply Quote
06/24/2012 07:32 PMPosted by Ligpir
So are we losing survivability or keeping it and gaining utiility?

Definitely losing survivability, at least the brute force kind provided by NR specced bear form and SI.
Reply Quote
Don't tell him I wanted to regen to full :(
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
We are losing a bit of survivability, but gaining a LOT of CC if you talent correctly.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
06/26/2012 08:43 AMPosted by Innovate
We are losing a bit of survivability, but gaining a LOT of CC if you talent correctly.

That's what I find funny - I thought there wasn't supposed to be a "correct" way to talent.

Seems more like they got a "in this raid situation, take this; for this boss, take that; for the next one, swap back to what you had; for this third, take something weird; and for PVP, take this."

Pity you need to carry both dust AND that other new reagent now to do it. (Would have been better to just make it free, considering classes like Mages still have 2 other reagents to carry that they can't glyph out of.)
Edited by Taswind on 6/26/2012 2:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Lovely, When we finally have a nice edge in survivability from not being able to vanish like a rogue and CC, Now they r gonna take it away and just make it so cats can vanish... just like a rogue...They traded something huge for something !@#$ty. Feral druids r gonna suck at pvp in MoP. that's my prediction.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
i,m sorry. Its just CC gaining or not i know we r going to get demolished.. Soo many instancfes where a warrior is crashing on you and you know the only way your gunna b ablke to survive is by going into bear and popping a few cds for 10 secs xtra of survivability. And then on the other hand it doesn't seem like a rogue is getting any weird nerfs at all. Each spec is just gunna lose an average of 1 useful ability. They r still gonna stun lock forever and we wont be able to do a thing about...... I see going guardian and just queing for Wsg and WSG only and fc forever.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
Are you kidding me? Your an enhanement shammy who puts out all this damage Where you can still heal yourself instantly with 5 stacks of maelstrom and then u have your 2 wolves which still do a decent amount of damage and heal you.. Not to mention u can CC and slow while this is happening...

sry was quoteing xaxo
Edited by Paystub on 6/29/2012 12:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]