Rate the tank above you THREE

85 Orc Death Knight
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4062846314?page=26

On my point of view Symmetric you got stuff from HoT's but you should do more raid and your trinket with strenght is not really good (I got a trinket with strenght too) xD

so 7/10 :)

Your gearing and gemming confuse me. But you look like you could do decently, if you played well, I guess? 5.9/10

Also, Y U NO DROP RINGS AND TRINKET H.DS!?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
06/21/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Runenmeister

Gemming and reforging looks solid. Work on replacing your rare quality gems with epics. Spec and glyphs are on the money. Get some rings and a trinket!

8/10
Edited by Tom on 6/21/2012 1:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Death Knight

Gemming and reforging looks solid. Work on replacing your rare quality gems with epics. Spec and glyphs are on the money. Get some rings and a trinket!

8/10

@Tom

Waiting on my last 4 (4.5 if you count the tier shoulders as a sidegrade) items from BIS, will upgrade gems as I get full BIS -.-'. Blasted things will never drop.

You're full BIS, but your Parry:Dodge ratio is about 1:1 when it should be about 1.15:1 (see http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/118/graph3t.jpg and extrapolate the black line to about 5000 on the x-axis gets you to about 1.15 - you're the black line because you have 4000 mastery) because of Hold The Line. This is actually an extremely negligible (in current gear, it wasn't negligible back a tier or two), on-average type of gain, but I'm nitpicky. To save you the math, that puts your parry at ~2693 rating and your dodge at ~2341 rating. This is completely based off of your armory, though, and not including buffs. For raid-buffed, add in raid-buffed ratings and solve this system of equations with wolframalpha: (p/d=[1.15 to 1.17 ish based on my extrapolation], p+d = [your total avoidance ratings combined, in this case 5034]) The graph is still fairly accurate despite you having 4k more armor than that base warrior.

So, all in all, geeming seems fine, I'd personally go a little bit more stam because of wasted mastery (except when shield block is active - warrior mastery doesn't convert excess block into crit block unless Shield Block is active, so you have a theoretical 67% time where a lot of mastery is half-wasted), and for the same reason I'd also drop Soulshifter Vortex, even though its stam is good, for Resolve or something else... but the stam gemming is really personal preference, and since impale is the only thing to worry about with post-nerf heroic DS I would personally go for that. But that's just me, if it works for you as-is then great.

Overall 8.5/10 - 9/10

@Runenmeister.

I'm not really in a position to judge quality of DK gearing. Esp. not at the level of theorycraft that would be required to nit pick what looks to me like a pretty good setup. :)

I do have an honest question though. Why did you take leather-working? Just for fun or...?

@Alpheen: Yeah, I've been (slowly) swapping out Mastery for Stam as my gear has been slowly improving. I was thinking about going with Exp/Hit instead because I don't really do any raiding and it's pretty nice in 5 man instances, but most of my healer friends are a little shaky in the gear department and I'd prefer to make their lives a bit easier. :)

@Shasianna

LW because of the stam to bracers, was at one time the only real viable bracer enchant for DPS (BIS profession for DPS at one point by miles, now it's just equally-competitive [or close]) and the stam was really nice for progression, since no real stamina enchant exists for the bracer slot. I also preferred the stam to bracers over any other gain for the slot for tanking, as well as no other real profession bonuses (to any slot) seemed as competitive in my eyes for tanking (and dps). The stam enchant is a fairly large amount of stamina, and stamina's always been an amazing stat for progression, especially if your healers are disciplined and don't have mana issues (like mine were all throughout cata, they had 0 problems even in t11, so I stacked stam until mastery became more viable [or should I say reliable])
Edited by Runenmeister on 6/21/2012 3:08 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
@Runenmeister.

I'm not really in a position to judge quality of DK gearing. Esp. not at the level of theorycraft that would be required to nit pick what looks to me like a pretty good setup. :)

I do have an honest question though. Why did you take leather-working? Just for fun or...?

@Alpheen: Yeah, I've been (slowly) swapping out Mastery for Stam as my gear has been slowly improving. I was thinking about going with Exp/Hit instead because I don't really do any raiding and it's pretty nice in 5 man instances, but most of my healer friends are a little shaky in the gear department and I'd prefer to make their lives a bit easier. :)
Edited by Shasianna on 6/21/2012 2:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
@Shasianna

Looks like you know what you're doing, going full mastery is nice for your ilevel. You also have a great head start already having the TB trinket (love that sucker).

8/10
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
@ Alpheen

I'm not worthy to rate you but here goes: 5 non epic gems? Slacker! I'm seeing a lot of top palis with the focused shield glyph. I've avoided that glyph on my alt but maybe that will change when it dings 85. Someday I'll be worthy to polish your boots. 9.9/10

On a different note I tried to start a similar thread to this with an alt on the mage page a few days ago and last I checked had 1 response. Best part of tanking is the support system.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
@ Druimeister

I like it! I don't know that much about druid tanking, though, so 9.5/10. Question, though, is that 240 armor on the hands superior to the +65 mastery?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/22/2012 12:29 AMPosted by Dkfeever
is that 240 armor on the hands superior to the +65 mastery?

Yes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
@Skyfyre

Very nice looks like 9.8/10 only deductions are .2 for the rare gem in your relic rather than epic. Is that for meta activation reasons or is your BiS something else?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Very nice looks like 9.8/10 only deductions are .2 for the rare gem in your relic rather than epic. Is that for meta activation reasons or is your BiS something else?

It was the meta, I just got the belt I am wearing and realized I was missing an orange gem for it. Would have got an epic but they were up for 1700g and I didn't feel like paying that.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It was the meta, I just got the belt I am wearing and realized I was missing an orange gem for it. Would have got an epic but they were up for 1700g and I didn't feel like paying that.

Certainly fair. I tend to hoard my gold, so I can sympathize with your plight.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
@Thorin

10/10 for using dps trinkets and having dodge/parry almost exactly even.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
@River

you have a rare gem, your too good for that.... -.5 = 9.5/10
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
@injustice

enh.... 9/10
Reply Quote
I'm not qualified to rate Bladecontrol. I have only been playing a month and was hoping anyone could tell me if I'm on the right track to be a good Tank. Also rate Bladecontrol for me :P
Reply Quote
06/27/2012 09:10 PMPosted by Cumatmeaggro
I'm not qualified to rate Bladecontrol. I have only been playing a month and was hoping anyone could tell me if I'm on the right track to be a good Tank. Also rate Bladecontrol for me :P

Good luck leveling, don't worry about stupid pugs in randoms. Get those empty gear slots filled.
----------------------------------
Can someone who's doing hard modes take a look at my gems/chants/forges? Recently got back into non-raid finder raiding, and Mr. Robot is trying to tell me to switch gems it just had me put in.

Edit: I have MoBI, logged out in a different trinket because of DW.
Edited by Firath on 6/28/2012 8:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
@ Firath
get the addon reforgenator. and for gems uhh go mastery/stam for yellow/blue and parry/stam for red.
and enchants go for mastery>stam>dodge>parry.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
@ Firath
get the addon reforgenator. and for gems uhh go mastery/stam for yellow/blue and parry/stam for red. and enchants go for mastery>stam>dodge>parry.

It's better to use Fractured in yellow, Puissant in blue, and Fine in red.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]