Raise a glass to Ailil

85 Night Elf Hunter
This has been the hardest thing I have ever written and it has taken me a long time to come up with the words to even say it. Almost a year in fact.

As some of you may know, I used to be in the guild <Piscus Inferno> and had been since I first learned what guilds were. They were a perfect fit for me. After many years in it, it became a second family. Well, actually it was more of a first family, since I don't really care much for my real one. And one of the best folks was Ailil, who later would take the reins of Guild Leader from me (not that the title meant much in Piscus) Ailil was a great friend, an honourable and loyal person. He was like an uncle to many of the younger fishes, and like a brother to most of the rest.

As some of you may know, last year, on July 16th, he passed away after a long battle with leukaemia. He was surrounded by his loved ones as he moved on, and it has taken me a long time to be able to really speak about it. Ailil was more than a brother, he was the heart of Piscus, and in many ways while the logistical problem of a small guild in Cataclysm was the logical reason many of us left the guild, Ailil's passing was the emotional reason. We couldn't bear to see a guild tag that reminded us of him every time, and know that we would never have him leading the charge against a boss.

But Ailil would not want us to mourn him, instead to celebrate his life, and the end to his pain. It is to that effect that I made a decision. This past Christmas, I adopted a kitten from the local humane shelter, and her birthday date was unknown. They had a rough idea how old she was, and she would have been born near the end of July. With that in mind, while naming her after him would have been silly, and is a little too late, I have decided to celebrate her birthday on July 16th. This, as a reminder that new life will always come about, and that death isn't the end of life, just moving on to a new phase of existence.

So if you all could, those who knew him, and those who respect those who are good of spirit, I encourage you, raise a glass and give a toast to Ailil, a man among dwarves. And a ball of yarn for his spiritual successor, Bo the Succukitten (yes, I named her for the character on Lost Girl) Here's to Ailil, his home away from reality was Azeroth, and Kirin Tor is where his heart shall live on.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Tseran, you are one of the coolest people I have ever had the pleasure to call my friend on this server and right now I couldn't be more proud of you! I didn't know your friend but he sounds like an outstanding guy, someone Kirin Tor should be happy to remember. I know the pain of almost losing someone to that dreaded cancer, but I have fortunately not suffered a loss. You and the rest of Piscus are very strong to request a celebration of life instead of mourning, and you're right. I bet he'd want one hell of a party! He was one of the Fishy Ones after all and I never saw sorrow amongst the bunch of you. And to that I raised my glass.

Here's to Ailil!

*raises glass*
Edited by Calafas on 6/21/2012 9:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My faith in humanity has been restored. Thank you Tseran!

To Ailil!

/salute
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Raising a glass from the Hordeside <3

/toast
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
That put a smile on my face! ^_^

Here's to Ailil (even if I didn't know him myself, seems like an outstanding guy.)

/toast
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]