WoW Summer Challenge June 20 - 27: Mounts!

(Locked)

100 Blood Elf Hunter
i took the challenge and i finally completed my 100 mount achievement ^^ ty blizz. i went from revered to exalted with the nether wing in 10 hours. i never want to see a netherwing egg again.
90 Pandaren Hunter
I have all off the BC faction mounts. The only two mounts I don't have is the two PvP talbuks.

Finally got Raven Lord a day ago. So now it's time for me to head to Stratholme and work on getting the Deathcharger's Reins.

Then after that I will work on getting the Fiery Warhorse's Reins.

Not to mention I'm farming for companion pets too.

So much to do!
100 Worgen Rogue
Back in BC i grinded from 69 to 70 by just killing ogre's in the laughing skull ruins. I guess the only good that came from it was getting my talbuk, but damn it took forever to hit 70 that way.
100 Human Warrior
My Fiery Warhorse was a complete fluke during a regular Kara run. But my Nether Ray was my first rep grind for a mount. HUGE pain in the !@#$ @ 60% flight speed doing the bombing dailies.
92 Human Warlock
Blizzard would point out netherwing when I am trying to get my rep to exalted lol. :P Trying to send more ppl out there. Its going to be hard to get the dark war talbuk though cause there are not many horde that go and do the pvp out there anymore.
90 Human Death Knight
I have never got a netherdrake in my entire gaming experience
100 Human Mage
I lovvveeee my Talbuks! I grinded the rep almost two years ago. I have to say they are probably my favorite ground mounts! (the Reins of the White War Talbuk is my favorite and goes great with my transmog set!) The countless hours of farming the Obsidian Warbeads in the caves, and meeting some horde to get the battle tokens, brings back memories. Happy hunting to those of you that don't have them yet!!! Most definitely a must have for any mount collector! :)
For something like a'lar which has like a .1% drop chance, 50 runs is nothing. My friend has been running it since the mount came out every single week, and he just got it 3 weeks ago :3
88 Night Elf Hunter
About half a year ago, I was absolutely determined to get the Raven Lord mount on either my Death Knight or Druid (since this toon was probably sitting at 30 at the time) before MoP came out. After a couple of months of on/off grinding, I was fortunate enough to get the White Hawkstrider on my DK, so I was happy enough that I didn't have to run MT ever again. I took my chances again on Anzu the next day, and the mount dropped. It's safe to say that I was pretty excited for the next week or so LOL

I know I'm way behind on some achievements (especially on this toon, considering I've only been actively playing with this toon for a couple of months now, but with all the secondary professions and mount collecting to do, I doubt I'll be bored anytime soon. I'm hoping I'll be lucky while farming Karazhan and catching up on rep grinding won't be too terrible :)
100 Undead Warlock
I already completed all the challenges before the challenges started :-)
90 Blood Elf Priest
06/27/2012 04:56 AMPosted by Rvd
I have 155 mounts but not the Dark Talbuks because it's extremely hard to coordinate getting the other faction involved in helping. T_T

Not really. On my server's Facebook page about two-three weeks ago, someone posted that they wanted to get groups together to get the tokens for the War Talbuks. While I haven't participated [I think my Death Knight would look pretty silly on one..] judging by the posts on the page and the various photos uploaded by players, it's going pretty well for both sides, and they're having a lot of fun doing it.

As for the Netherdrakes, I will soon be heading back to Outlands on this chick to once again do the rep grind. I got them on my Death Knight and they're my favorite mounts, aside from the raptors, kodos and the red drake. Took me three days and a tad bit of memorization as far as egg spawn points and timers go. Once I get my Artisan Riding [gotta save up that 4500g..] I'm heading straight for it, but until then I'll go in between leveling this chick in Northrend and hopping on my DK to farm Utgarde Pinnacle for the blue proto. [Week 3 of farming that thing...no luck as of yet]
15 Blood Elf Hunter
*Impatiently awaits todays challenge*

:)

I love these things, motivation to make my guild do stuff that I do constantly >.>
90 Blood Elf Priest
SSC
How about you put out some new content instead of these challenges?

The sad thing about these challenges and maybe the best reason for you to not do them is that it shows people what you put out when it wasn't rushed and you cared.
90 Draenei Paladin
Aww. Wish I'd had some time off from work this past week! I would've farmed for the PvP Halaa mounts. Those are the only ones I know of that I'm missing from BC besides Fiery Warhorse's Reins. Attumen has been mean for the past few months... gave the boyfriend his horse the third week in just to taunt me too.

Edit: Oh yeah! I forgot about Ashes of Al'ar. Ugggggggh.
Edited by Isilya on 6/28/2012 3:54 AM PDT
85 Human Paladin
I still need to do the pvp haala mounts. But that's one aweful grind. i'd rathor grind a raid for 2 years then that pvp crap for a year trying to pvp is an empty zone :\

Aside from that, I have every mount available from BC, including all the rare ones.

yea .. they need to address that mount and make it possible to obtain without having to get a friend to stand there and let you kill him 100 times over
100 Night Elf Druid
I still need to do the pvp haala mounts. But that's one aweful grind. i'd rathor grind a raid for 2 years then that pvp crap for a year trying to pvp is an empty zone :\

Aside from that, I have every mount available from BC, including all the rare ones.

yea .. they need to address that mount and make it possible to obtain without having to get a friend to stand there and let you kill him 100 times over

I'm really hopeful that the cross-realm zones will supply enough players to turn it into a battle once more. : )
90 Blood Elf Mage
I took up the challenge this week, and went for My Ulduar Ironbound protodrake. Sadly, I missed getting my ICC 25 mount on Tuesday, so here is hoping next week I will have another mount to add to my shiny collection.
100 Undead Rogue
I don't know if this counts for anything, but in the spirit of the challenge (Mounts!) I went back to every place I've already acquired a mount and bought everything else I was eligible to buy (and could afford).

I went from 7 to 34 this week and am actually enjoying having some of those "missing" mounts in my stack. I have my eye out for a couple more, though I doubt I'll have them completed for another couple of weeks.

Good fun, though.

Skol
90 Night Elf Druid
I've been farming herbs not mounts I need to on my priest though going for the 50 mount achievement
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]