[A] Valyria is Recruiting

90 Night Elf Druid
Attention Shadomoonians:

Valyria is recruiting.

WAIT!

KEEP READING!

As I was saying…

We’re recruiting friendly, laid back, casual players who have an insane desire to do something out of the ordinary. We’re a newly formed guild that’s been a solid group since pre-BC. (Yes, we’ve put up with each other for that long.) We’ve just now come back to the game after a year-long break. We figured it was time to add to the list of long lasting friendships. (Basically, we couldn’t sucker everyone into coming back WITH us…) With that said, we are mostly drama-free. This brings me to our focus. . .

Are you still there? Good. Keep reading.

What we do:

1) We want to raid. We really do. It’s been a while so we don’t profess to be the best. We’ve been forced to use the raid-finder thingy since creating this guild. (A novel invention, indeed.) Save us by joining us. PLEASE RESCUE US FROM PuGs.

2) Dungeons. Lots of Dungeons. (Gotta love the insta-que of having a tank and heals with you as a DPS.)

3) Movies. We make WoW movies. I can’t go into details about the types of production (don’t go there, it isn’t that), but we’re recruiting in part because we’re casting. More info to follow. . . (You know you want to immortalize your toon :p)

4) PvP. Nothing beats an old school romp in AV. (FFS! Guard the 3 you have in AB! LEAVE THE FARM ALONE!) Sorry… another tangent. Moving on…

5) World Events & Achievements. Yes, we’re into achievements. I still get a tingly feeling when I see it spammed across my screen. All 10 points for Loremaster. WHOSE FRIGGEN IDEA WAS IT TO MAKE LOREMASTER A 10 POINT ACHIEVEMENT? …. I’m calm now. Sorry about that.

6) HAVING FUN. Isn’t that what it’s all about? If you’re not enjoying your WoW experience, considering changing the decor. I’m just sayin…

BUT WAIT, there’s more!

What we expect from you:

1. We need you to have some idea of what your toon is capable of. This doesn’t mean you have to be pro. Leave that to the Euro servers. BUT, if your toon can interrupt, cast a self-heal, rez or make me mana cakes… do it.

2. You need to have some time available for commitments. Yes, we realize the occasional crap happens. However, if your little sister ate your dog’s homework, that’s no excuse. If you say you’ll be there, be there.

3. Save the drama for As the World of Warcraft Turns, episode 11. Yes, people you game with in an imaginary world can get on your nerves. We’re all well aware. That doesn’t mean we want to deal with it in vent, on the forums, trade chat or guild chat.

4. Be mature. There’s a difference between having a sense of humor and being mentally stuck in the 5th grade. Capiche?

5. The obvious misc stuff goes here: Vent, Microphone, Addon’s that everyone uses (blah blah blah).

Oh wow, you’re still here. Okay then.

Who we’re looking for:
1. There are no level requirements.
2. There are no i-lvl requirements.
3. We need all classes.
4. We want QUALITY over QUANTITY.

LASTLY. Now for the really important stuff:

1. A sense of humor is a MUST. Obviously.

2. You are required to be a fan of the show Game of Thrones.

3. You must have an understanding that Miracle whip is > Real Mayo.

4. You must have completed the achievement [Shave and a Haircut].

5. If you open the door on LOST, you must be able to tolerate hour long lectures on why the Smoke Monster wasn’t *really* a bad guy.

6. We do not currently offer 401k, Dental, Medical or paid vacations.

7. We’re not big nor important enough for an application process, but if you ask nicely, we have been known to validate parking.

If this sounds like you. . . well, you know what to do. Pst for more info though I can’t imagine WTH more you’d want to know up front.

Happy (insert activity here). We hope to hear from you soon.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Bump for a humorous read.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I actually read it all
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
06/25/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Mowse

:) ty ty

I'm really bummed to learn that Season 3 of Game of Thrones won't be out until FEBRUARY 2013. What? No, that'll never do. I might be forced to write a strongly worded letter. WHOSE WITH ME?

Edit: We're still lookin' for people. Got a pulse? GOOD ENOUGH.
Edited by Letia on 7/1/2012 2:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
07/01/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Letia

:) ty ty

I'm really bummed to learn that Season 3 of Game of Thrones won't be out until FEBRUARY 2013. What? No, that'll never do. I might be forced to write a strongly worded letter. WHOSE WITH ME?

Edit: We're still lookin' for people. Got a pulse? GOOD ENOUGH.

I expected that, since it took almost a year to come out with season two. Luckily, I just started the third book 8)
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Miracle whip is < Real Mayo.
Reply Quote
Oh my God, I love you.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
and don't argue Fia...i wont tolerate it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Miracle whip is < Real Mayo.

.... we've been over this. That !@#$ is disgusting. People who eat real mayo are certifiable.
Reply Quote
Eww your eating cheese and miracle whip...thats like really nasty...LF New Main Healer...Booting Letia for arguing for the worst tasting substance on the planet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
07/01/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Swath
Eww your eating cheese and miracle whip...thats like really nasty...LF New Main Healer...Booting Letia for arguing for the worst tasting substance on the planet.

WTB REAL mage DPS. Or at least a tutor on how to play for Swathe. (Must be all that real mayo.....)
Reply Quote
Ouch that hurts...but what hurts more is that you didnt even spell my name right =( and im the post above you...now i know who i CANT rely on for heals =(
Reply Quote
Ok Letia we are going to end this for the being im going to my favorite deli...ohh yea thats right i have delis...and im getting a BLT with Honey Mustard and MAYO!!!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It turns out that I am surrounded by real mayo people. This is a disturbing turn of events. I may need a minute. Thankfully, the rest of the guild appears to be in agreement that Vanilla is > chocolate, Coke is > Pepsi and that if the zombies invade, Walmart is NOT the place to go.
Reply Quote
07/01/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Letia
It turns out that I am surrounded by real mayo people. This is a disturbing turn of events. I may need a minute. Thankfully, the rest of the guild appears to be in agreement that Vanilla is > chocolate, Coke is > Pepsi and that if the zombies invade, Walmart is NOT the place to go.

This doesn't look good for your guild, and I'm sure people that thought about joining your guild might be thinking twice about it.
Reply Quote
Umm yea no one likes miracle !@#$...but one more thing your wong about is walmart...they have everything i mean you can live in walmart for yeas if you ration food correctly...and like walmart has guns and %^-*...and you could give birth there to i bet they have the right equipment for that too...ohh and fyi walmart has WoW and we could even start a government in there...probably a more stable one then what bush turned this one into as well haha
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
07/01/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Letia
Vanilla is > chocolate, Coke is > Pepsi and that if the zombies invade, Walmart is NOT the place to go.

All of these are reasons I can now never join your guild.
Reply Quote
if these are reason to not join the guild then we have no room for you to join...we argue...about stupid stuff to keep us sane...and closer as a guild...if you dont know the people you play with on a personal basis there is no respect...and therefore no fun =P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]