We have a Gunship-VoN is recruiting for MoP

90 Draenei Shaman
SINCE WHEN IS THERE A CHARACTER LIMIT ON FORUM POST HEADERS?!?!?!

Well, we hope to have a gunship in MoP...just in case Blizzard makes that a thing in the expansion, we're totally ready to buy one.

As the title says, we're revving up our recruitment efforts for Mists of Pandaria. Don't get me wrong, we're still raiding existing content and having fun doing it

but

the summer doldrums and Diablo 3 (though 27K repair bills have caused a small migration back to Azeroth) have set in so I don't see any major additions for Cataclysm. So, if you're interested in patient, consistent and slowly successful raiding along with a nice little niche community on Blackwater Raiders, please look us up at:

www.vanguardofnorrath.com

Now before you ask, "Y U HAZ NO FORUMZ?" and after you've read our extend spiel on the website, if you remain interested, please pst me in-game or any of our members and they will direct you to me or one of our officers.

Thanks!

P.S. Our forums are in the process of being transferred to a more efficient forum application and we thank you for your patience if you tried to read through them in their current form.
Reply Quote
I played Diablo 3.

Then I took a boredom to the knee. :)

Seriously, GL with the recruitment and stuff. I used to play EQ2 years ago, there was some fun there. But after levelling one char one time I felt like doing it again was just not worth my time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Thanks!

Diablo 3 actually helped with WoW burnout for us and if Inferno didn't cause so much gold drainage, we'd probably play more....

DESCRATOR CHAIN ARCANE MOLTEN VORTEX ILLUSIONIST

WTF......(okay, that may be too many effects but that's how it seriously feels)
Reply Quote
Yeah, it helped me come back around to playing WoW more, too. Maybe when I get bored again I'll return to D3. We'll see.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
Thanks!

Diablo 3 actually helped with WoW burnout for us and if Inferno didn't cause so much gold drainage, we'd probably play more....

just wait, from what I hear, after you get gear it doesn't even matter anymore. i haven't played in months, but naiyla tells me that she's reached a point in gear (as a barbarian) where mobs can simply not kill her in act 2 so she just farms act 2 over and over again.

when the RMAH launched naiyla made bank.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

no... no, that sounds about right.

and barbarian != demon hunter.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
06/25/2012 07:55 PMPosted by Leeloominai
and barbarian != demon hunter.

well the reason i mentioned that she was a barbarian was because barbarians are probably the hardest class to do inferno with

implying that the difficulty of inferno vastly dissipates as gear is acquired.

because if it becomes easy for a barbarian to do, it becomes easy for anyone, as long as they farm the gear required.
Edited by Kerrath on 6/25/2012 11:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
06/26/2012 12:03 AMPosted by Thelanora
lolwat? barbarians don't get one shot. there is no way in hell they are harder to do inferno with. it's definitely wizard or DH. i breezed through act 1 on my barb without full all resist gear

there must have been significant changes since i played d3 then. i just know that when i was playing, wizards and dhs were blowing !@#$ up while barbarians were flailing retards.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
barbarians & monks are really tough to kill. i'm finding barbarians moreso than monks even if you take all 3 healing/stun/invulnerability CDs for monks.

DH & Wizards do eff things up right quick. but, they get hit once and kabloeey

regardless.....we're still recruiting for this here gunship guild....
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
barbarians & monks are really tough to kill. i'm finding barbarians moreso than monks even if you take all 3 healing/stun/invulnerability CDs for monks.

DH & Wizards do eff things up right quick. but, they get hit once and kabloeey

i started playing again, and it seems barbs and monks survive much more efficiently than they used to when d3 first shipped, although this may be less about them receiving buffs and more about people realizing that resist all is a stat that can be stacked far enough that you can stand in the fire and not care.

when i was previously playing d3, i grinded my way to 60 in about ~5 days, which was significantly less than 2 of my guildmates who got there in 3 days (yeah they didn't sleep) and at the time, the main difference between DH/Wiz and Barb/Monk was that both ranged and melee would get one shot, except for the part where at least DH/Wiz could do damage from a distance while kiting the mobs, and barbs/monks could not.

Buying gear off of the AH at the time was kind of out of the question at the time as well, because the prices for level 60 gear were so high compared to the amount of gold everyone had that you really couldn't afford to just buy gear there.

That, and wizards had a skill called 'force armor' that made them more tanky than real tanks, until it got nerfed, so wizards are squishy again.

07/02/2012 07:56 AMPosted by Filibuster
regardless.....we're still recruiting for this here gunship guild....

so

if it's a gunship guild

do i get free loot just for looking at it

that's how gunships worked in ICC and DS

gunships in the past have not been a very effective method of protecting the loot...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
good point. we'll be sure to batten our hatches against potential raids against our gunship...

btw,

who wins, if they fought:

High Overlord Saurfang or Warmaster Blackthorn

My money's on Saurfang since we never actually killed him....
Reply Quote
Saurfang, whom I have a suspicion may end up getting killed by Garrosh next xpac.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
07/02/2012 09:34 AMPosted by Orielle
Warmaster Blackthorn

i don't know if you heard, but warmaster blackthorn is a lot craftier than you suspect

see, in 4.0, they released a revamp of the deadmines. a lot of the old familiar faces you expected are back. some aren't, like eddy vanqueef. but that's fair, they explain where he went. he died, right? but there's one boss who disappeared without explanation

Mister Smite

You know, the guy who has to improvise.

Yeah, well he improvised, and this time, he came back with a full set of heroic tier 13, wielding a two hander and a shield, while riding on the back of a fearsome dragon leading a fleet of dragonriders.

What happens next time he improvises?

Just something to ponder. Keep your eyes open.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Seeing as how it was an aerial battle, when I first did it I really wanted Blackhorn to say "You landlubbers are tougher than I thought!" at one point.
Reply Quote
07/02/2012 07:08 PMPosted by Kerrath

"Dragon Soul was merely a setback!"

(sorry, I had to say it)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior

"Dragon Soul was merely a setback!"

(sorry, I had to say it)

yeah, well, next time mister smite will not only have four arms with muscles built upon muscles, but half of the fight will be finding your way through his thick, full, and masculine beard. You will receive visions of the past (think Yogg) and also visions of the future (think End Time) as you explore the depths of his beard.

It will be a 4-hour boss encounter requiring exceptional coordination and strategy, and every single mechanic, if improperly dealt with, will instantly one-shot you, and it will be balanced around every single player never dying once. Even if you die and get battle-ressed, the amount of time ressing you combined with your downtime from being dead will leave you at a disadvantage so significant that it is already functionally a wipe. It is balanced around people who are basically ninjas in real life trying at their very hardest in the best possible gear, and even then, they will rely on pushing divine shield / ice block right at the 0.1 second mark before berserk so that DoTs have a couple of extra seconds to tick before the boss dies while the rest of the raid is dead and praying even though they're atheists.

on LFR mode, the beard will be disabled, and it will be a simple tank-and-spank that has 1 debuff for tanks to taunt off on, except the debuff doesn't really even matter so you can really just one-tank it. Casuals will complain that they didn't get to see the beard and it will be later nerfed to being simply facial hair, and hardcores will afterward complain that there is nothing left for them to do.
Edited by Kerrath on 7/2/2012 11:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
07/02/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Kerrath
the depths of his beard

Hairness will consume you!

praying even though they're atheists.

A wise man once said, 'There are no atheists in foxholes'.

hardcores will afterward complain that there is nothing left for them to do.

That's when Blizzard releases SuperultramegaLOLUCANTWIN Mode with its first boss, Giga-Hogger. The second the 40-man raid zones in he reduces everyone to 1 HP and forces them to do the train emote for six hours straight while they stand in place and cannot use any other ability. Anyone who fails to do the emote wipes the raid and you all get a two-week ban for being fail noobs.

Afterwards you have .25 seconds to heal the raid to full before phase 2 begins, where he reduces you to 1 HP again and forces you to do the chicken emote for six hours straight. Anyone not healed before phase 2 begins dies and comes back as an unkillable mob that proceeds to one-shot everyone else. Once again, failing to do the emote wipes the raid and now earns you a three-week ban for being fail noobs.

Now begins the gruelling Phase 3, which takes place atop jousting hippogryphs. You must all fly around an obstacle-filled room for four hours without hitting any objects or walls while Giga-Hogger laughs at you and tells you it was a setback over and over. Any mistakes will cause a wipe and the destruction of all your items and wiping of all gold you own(and Blizzard will also destroy any gold given away to others and give them perma-bans for helping you fail noobs cheat).

At the end, you have three seconds to kill Giga-Hogger, by using simultaneously a Rogue's Shiv ability, a Warlock's Curse of Exhaustion and a blow from a Kalu'ak Fishing Pole wielded by someone polymorphed into a Tuskarr. Failure to do so wipes the raid and causes a permanent ban of your accounts.

Should you win against Giga-Hogger, Blizzard will require recorded evidence of every raid member's full participation over the entire event to ensure you weren't a bunch of bot-hacking scrubs during the first two phases. Successfully doing this will award you the coveted title <Has No Life> and a Giant Throbbing E-Peen mount, which is a reskinned 2-seat Touring Rocket mount.

(yes, I'm bored)

/hairflip :D
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
07/03/2012 06:50 AMPosted by Valariala
SuperultramegaLOLUCANTWIN Mode

I'm not going to lie, if blizzard released "Sodomy Mode" for raiders who wanted to be truly punished, I would try it out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]