"New player" server

100 Undead Mage
Anyone else sick of Rexxar being a new player server? I wish they would change it back to what it used to be..
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Lets recap the last few months on Rexxar.

1) A few players leave for Diablo, other servers or just stop playing.
2) People complain about others leaving and leave themselves
3) Many complain about the lack of people on the server and how no one ever wants to do something.
4) A few try to set things up to get more activity. Most don't get involved or troll those trying to help.
5) Blizzard changes Rexxar to new server, bringing in a ton of new people, most new to the game, many just looking for a new server thats not dead.
6) People complain about the new players and wish they'd stop coming.

Something about #3 and #6 just don't make sense.

If you're not willing to try and do something to make it better, you can't complain about it not improving.
Edited by Babylonius on 6/25/2012 12:46 PM PDT
Reply Quote
63 Troll Druid
Honestly, anything that increases new blood into Rexxar is good in my book. We've been hemorrhaging player for the last several years. I welcome our noob overlords.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Its high pop now. Go figure.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Back to the way things were? Unless you mean BC when FS was around and Rexxar was somewhat respectable, new blood is exactly what this server needs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Reply Quote
32 Undead Priest
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Hopefully the Horde has a bunch of new players to hate. Everyone I hated has quit or changed servers.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Hello there! :D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
I fail to see how this is a negative thing.

Are the enlightened high-brow conversations that normally take place in general / trade chat somehow being damaged with an influx of noobs?

Seriously, who cares.
Reply Quote
88 Orc Hunter
I just hope all of the "new players" end up being at least decent...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I fail to see how this is a negative thing.

Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
If you feel that game play will suffer because of the new players then you're playing it wrong. No one is forcing you to play with any of the new players. Instead of complaining so much maybe you can try helping out some of these new players who might even own you in a duel one day.

If you feel that your own prowess is somehow degraded by the sudden change in realm classification then you have confidence issues.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Death Knight
I think its a great thing that is happening with Rexxar. I came here from Area 52. Yes, it had a huge Horde pop and guilds doing this, that and the other thing. But my main's guild, my bank toon's guild and the entire server's atmosphere in general feels like they are taking Garrosh's orders seriously, not people having fun.

Its nice seeing people explore this foreign world for the first time, especially the ones who have been bitten by the "bug" and are all-in, pandas be damned. It reminds me why I chose this over Star Wars.

Just my 2 coppers.

Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
The only way I'm going to mind is if we ever have a queue to log in.

I really like logging into Org and seeing tons of new faces, instead of the same tired old bastards I've been seeing for years.

(You know who you are)
Reply Quote
Well back in the day... there was a que to get in on rexxar for atleast a couple months or so.

There was especially one on Windrunner, back before Rexxar even opened up.
Reply Quote
88 Orc Hunter
/wave Mawl
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Hey Deydris :) How is life treating you my friend?
Reply Quote
93 Night Elf Druid
I think it's great. The game has been so empty lately that it is horrible. The AHs weren't even really working very well because of lack of goods.

My guild rolled alts on a high pop server to roam around a bit and I realized I had forgotten what it was like to see other players around.

Low pop is nice for farming rare spawns, but not much else.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I really enjoy a lot of new blood on this server as Nieves already stated, the AH is functioning quite better and it seems more lively then a deserted Orgrimmar, especially at late night/early morning, same goes with Trade Chat.
However, my only real complaint is that I can't look "rich" or rather wear some nice looking gear with transmogs or without anymore unless if I do want to look "rich". I get spams of I want gold and I want it now, give me gold I'll give u nudes plz k thx, or Trade Openings for gold. Sure it can be ignored, but it's a bit of a pain in the arsenal gear when ye have people opening ye trade window or spamming ye whisper for gold, but also telling them when I'm in the mood to talk, "Go Away I'm Fwapin!" or "Do me a favor first and get me 50g, then I'll trade you 50g for your 50g that you collected." Always makes me chuckle a bit to see them flip out at ye doing that.

Edit: Oh! And I also have seen the queue pop up on me yesterday. I was in Que of 23, it was glorious and nostalgic.
Edited by Thorinkiller on 7/5/2012 4:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Explain (256 characters max)