Any guild XP changes in MOP?

90 Undead Warrior
I'm in a small friend/family guild. We've been playing together for 5 years or so, just the 4 of us. We've been in progression guilds, casual guilds, etc. We've always had Military Grade as a personal guild that we all end up back in at one point or another. Well with the addition of guild perks and such, we all decided to "come home" to this guild full time. Problem is, were all missing the heck out of the guild perks that come along with a 200+ player guild.

My question, are they going to change the way guild XP/Level requirements are when MoP comes out? I feel that it's pretty rediculous to expect 4 people to level a guild to 25 on weekly dungeon runs alone. We don't have enough for guild raids, guild bg's, or anything else. Are there any plans to make guild xp required scale with the number of members? I have not allowed our guild to spam invite randoms in hopes of getting enough members to level it, and hope to not have to. I'd rather break the rules and buy enough gold to buy a level 25 guild than trying to grind anymore than we already have, if it stays the same.

So what've you guys heard, if anything?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
I heard somewhere that low level character while questing will provide more guild xp than what is given for their own quest E.G. level 10 toon completes quest, gets 900xp, guild gets awarded 20,000xp. Don't quote me on those numbers. I cant remember the source.
Reply Quote
My guild is just me and three other people, and our alts. And in less than 3 weeks, we're already halfway to level 5. Leveling guilds really isn't too bad, just requires some dedication, although I wouldn't be opposed to reducing the xp requirement.

But no, i have not heard of any changes come MoP.
Reply Quote
06/25/2012 08:50 AMPosted by Quantix
I heard somewhere that low level character while questing will provide more guild xp than what is given for their own quest E.G. level 10 toon completes quest, gets 900xp, guild gets awarded 20,000xp. Don't quote me on those numbers. I cant remember the source.

Nah, i leveled a toon from 1-60 purely on quests, and his guild contributions were horridly small. Low levels contribute almost nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Yeah were level 3, I hear ya about it "not being too bad." But I already have a bunch of required BS to do in this "game" we play. Weekly LFR's on 3 85's, Weekly Guild Dungeons, Weekly Valor cap, etc. It's rediculous that it'll take a guild like mine or yours 20+ weeks to hit level 25 when a medium to large guild can do it in 4.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not impossible to level a guild with few members, even without the weekly dungeon challenges. I've been one of very few on in my guild since MoP Beta and D3 and am doing dailies on my characters to build up the guild and a rather nice nest egg for MoP. We've just hit level 21 and I still find that I can get at least 4% per day of the needed guild experience on my own. It's hard work, but well worth it!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Nobody said it was impossible, I said it's rediculous that because I don't allow 190+ random people in my guild, I have to take bare minimum 5x as long as another guild to level. It should be based off the number of people in the guild, in my opinion. That's what I was hoping to see in MOP but sounds like I'll still be hoping.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Sadly this is not true. Low level characters actually give very little experience to their guild indeed. At max level most dailies give seventeen thousand and a few hundred experience and I know of two quests that give just over twenty thousand.

Carbonite add on shows guild experience per quest, by the way.
Reply Quote

This was mentioned at Blizzcon. It seems they have not gone through with it.
Reply Quote
My friends and I started our own guild earlier today and Were under the false impression, that is actually a good idea, that xp required to level a guild actually scales with the amount of memebers
Reply Quote
5 Human Rogue
If you've got lvl 70s or lvl 85s start an arena team, huge guild xp in those.
Reply Quote
86 Dwarf Death Knight
I've accepted that the perks aren't worth the bother. I'm working on getting all my toons into my bank guild, where there will be sweet, blissful silence.

And hey, it's almost level 3!... Whooooooo!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]