Server needs to change...

90 Tauren Warrior
06/23/2012 04:42 PMPosted by Deathqoil
wether that be an guild group or pugs they are probly only looking once a week.

You can clear everything in one day.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Real old-schoolers have been on Akama since the server launched.

/flex

/highfive

There doesn't seem to be too many of us left, though.
Edited by Árya on 7/25/2012 12:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I think the main problem is the fact there are so many people that would rather talk smack about someone on the server than help that person out, and try to find some way to disgrace a "bad" player, rather than see if they can help them. So, this leads to people thinking, "well, they're gonna !@#$ me over anyway, so i may as well %^-* them right back", and the circle of screw overs keeps going round and round. If someone is really so awsome at this game, why do they feel the need to trash those that are beneath them, and then, complain about people not knowing how to play, and why the player base of the server is crap? I won't say top players NEED to sit and help every single person, or that we all need to sit around a campfire and sing kum by yah, but the main thing is, the "he said/she said" crap is a big factor, and it really needs to stop.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Warrior
08/21/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Solarhun
I think the main problem is the fact there are so many people that would rather talk smack about someone on the server than help that person out, and try to find some way to disgrace a "bad" player, rather than see if they can help them. So, this leads to people thinking, "well, they're gonna !@#$ me over anyway, so i may as well %^-* them right back", and the circle of screw overs keeps going round and round. If someone is really so awsome at this game, why do they feel the need to trash those that are beneath them, and then, complain about people not knowing how to play, and why the player base of the server is crap? I won't say top players NEED to sit and help every single person, or that we all need to sit around a campfire and sing kum by yah, but the main thing is, the "he said/she said" crap is a big factor, and it really needs to stop.

Y so beta bro?
Edited by Iegend on 8/21/2012 12:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
uhm...? that doesn't even make sense?
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Warrior
Alpha male? Beta male?

Does it make sense now?
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Warrior
Haven't heard about you camping Syl. So I assume it was another one of your 10v1s you run after doing. Grats on that bro. I see you're getting close to 1550 in 2s again. Are you excited?

I apologize for using too many words, I know you get confused easily. I'm sorry bro.
Edited by Iegend on 8/21/2012 6:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I've always helped people who have whispered/talked to me in-game. I never felt the need to disrespect someone I don't know over the internet. It's how I carry myself in life and how I carry myself in-game.

Now the fact that many players are bad is fully 100% their fault. There is no reason they don't have access to the same information I do. If I can find the answer for them on a forum within 2 minutes, that means they don't care enough. They just want handouts, without putting in work.

I mean I can use you for example Solar, you're under hit cap, when common knowledge dictates that it is 8%. If you've ever played this game at all, that is the only thing anyone ever tells you to cap first. Hunter FAQ on ElitistJerks, 7th Question already answers that for you.

http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t110306-hunter_faq_cataclysm_edition_read_before_asking_questions/

If people even put in remotely a little effort, maybe we wouldn't all be such jerks. :\
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
08/21/2012 07:04 PMPosted by Bustah
I've always helped people who have whispered/talked to me in-game. I never felt the need to disrespect someone I don't know over the internet. It's how I carry myself in life and how I carry myself in-game.

Now the fact that many players are bad is fully 100% their fault. There is no reason they don't have access to the same information I do. If I can find the answer for them on a forum within 2 minutes, that means they don't care enough. They just want handouts, without putting in work.

The bottom line is, it's a game. Out of 9 million players, there are people that play it without googling optimal setups for their character, they play it how they want to play it. Nobody deserves to be disrespected or trolled for that (unfortunately, we all know trolling occurs frequently, and is often toward legitimate help seekers, and this is why features like an ignore list and customer service are available).

And if someone is looking for a "handout", well that person needs to be given advice on how to improve themselves, and if they don't take it, just drop the conversation/decline the application, or whatever the case may be.

If people even put in remotely a little effort, maybe we wouldn't all be such jerks. :\

Like I said, there are people that take pleasure in disrespecting others if it makes them or their friends feel better or stronger about themselves,or if they think something is "funny". It's far too common and very unnecessary.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I don't really understand rebuttals that agree with people here. This thread sucks 3/10.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Warrior
08/22/2012 01:30 AMPosted by Mx

The bottom line is, it's a game. Out of 9 million players, there are people that play it without googling optimal setups for their character, they play it how they want to play it. Nobody deserves to be disrespected or trolled for that (unfortunately, we all know trolling occurs frequently, and is often toward legitimate help seekers, and this is why features like an ignore list and customer service are available).

And if someone is looking for a "handout", well that person needs to be given advice on how to improve themselves, and if they don't take it, just drop the conversation/decline the application, or whatever the case may be.

Like I said, there are people that take pleasure in disrespecting others if it makes them or their friends feel better or stronger about themselves,or if they think something is "funny". It's far too common and very unnecessary.

The fact is, it is funny to troll people if you do it right. If someone asks you what is hit cap for melee and you just tell them 8%, that's boring. What if you be a *#@@ and you tell them 22% and they spend money on 40 hit gems, reforging, etc. That's funny because they're too lazy to type in to google, "what is hit cap for melee?" This game is not hard to figure out, so I'm not going to help someone who isn't willing to help themselves.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Warrior
Do you often take pixels too seriously, Hatredd? I feel that you may lead the fascinating life here.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
08/22/2012 05:41 AMPosted by Iegend
The fact is, it is funny to troll people if you do it right. If someone asks you what is hit cap for melee and you just tell them 8%, that's boring. What if you be a *#@@ and you tell them 22% and they spend money on 40 hit gems, reforging, etc.

And how is griefing someone funny again?
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Warrior
08/22/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Mx
The fact is, it is funny to troll people if you do it right. If someone asks you what is hit cap for melee and you just tell them 8%, that's boring. What if you be a *#@@ and you tell them 22% and they spend money on 40 hit gems, reforging, etc.

And how is griefing someone funny again?

How is griefing not funny? It's like those !@#$% enlarging pills. Do you feel sorry for someone who got caught up in that scam? I surely don't. They deserved it for being that ignorant.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
08/22/2012 10:49 AMPosted by Iegend
How is griefing not funny? It's like those !@#$% enlarging pills. Do you feel sorry for someone who got caught up in that scam? I surely don't. They deserved it for being that ignorant.

Taking personal enjoyment at someone else's expense is never funny, nor does someone deserve it for being "ignorant", when more often than not (especially in the case of you purposely telling someone the opposite of the right answer for enjoyment) they do not deserve it.

Unless of course that person wants to be laughed at, such as clowns. Gotta love them clowns.
Edited by Mx on 8/22/2012 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Warrior
Taking personal enjoyment at someone else's expense is never funny, nor does someone deserve it for being "ignorant", when more often than not (especially in the case of you purposely telling someone the opposite of the right answer for enjoyment) they do not deserve it.

Unless of course that person wants to be laughed at, such as clowns. Gotta love them clowns.

If they are doing nothing to help themselves, they don't deserve to be helped. So, in my eyes, they do deserve it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
08/22/2012 11:02 AMPosted by Iegend
If they are doing nothing to help themselves, they don't deserve to be helped. So, in my eyes, they do deserve it.

That's pretty sad, but if that's how you are, not much anyone can do to help you.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Warrior
08/22/2012 12:38 PMPosted by Mx
That's pretty sad, but if that's how you are, not much anyone can do to help you.

The best thing about that, is I don't need any help.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]