Server needs to change...

100 Orc Hunter
I can agree with you to a certain extent Mx. But unfortunately not everyone is like you on the internet. I have yet to play a game where I wasn't told I was awful or bad yet. So in the end regardless of what you play, these type of people exist. To troll/grief/degrade you. I feel people just need to learn to grow a thicker skin.

I would be a hypocrite if I said I had never partaken in it. But do I gain anything from it? No, so I don't normally go out of my way to be an !@#$%^-. I can't speak for anyone else on this server, but it is what it is. You can't change the internet. Anonymity will forever give people this sense of e-courage to talk down to people because there are no repercussions for it.

That's why I treat everyone the same. Unless you've done something personally to offend me, I will treat you with the same respect that you give. I don't believe in talking down to people I don't know. Some of the best people I've met are casual players.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
08/22/2012 05:41 AMPosted by Iegend
The fact is, it is funny to troll people if you do it right. If someone asks you what is hit cap for melee and you just tell them 8%, that's boring. What if you be a *#@@ and you tell them 22% and they spend money on 40 hit gems, reforging, etc. That's funny because they're too lazy to type in to google, "what is hit cap for melee?" This game is not hard to figure out, so I'm not going to help someone who isn't willing to help themselves.

This pains me to say, but I don't think Icesurfer is the trashiest person on this server anymore.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
it's probably him lol get 'trolled' looool
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Warrior

This pains me to say, but I don't think Icesurfer is the trashiest person on this server anymore.

If you think griefing/trolling over a game is trashy or rude or mean, please follow these instructions immediately.

1.) Log onto Battle.net
2.) Go to your account
3.) Cancel your subscription
4.) Discover the world outside you full of possibilities.

It's just pixels bro.

Also, thanks for calling me trashy <3. I love getting compliments.

And no, I am not Icesurfer.
Edited by Iegend on 8/23/2012 5:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
08/22/2012 01:30 AMPosted by Mx
I've always helped people who have whispered/talked to me in-game. I never felt the need to disrespect someone I don't know over the internet. It's how I carry myself in life and how I carry myself in-game.

Now the fact that many players are bad is fully 100% their fault. There is no reason they don't have access to the same information I do. If I can find the answer for them on a forum within 2 minutes, that means they don't care enough. They just want handouts, without putting in work.

The bottom line is, it's a game. Out of 9 million players, there are people that play it without googling optimal setups for their character, they play it how they want to play it. Nobody deserves to be disrespected or trolled for that (unfortunately, we all know trolling occurs frequently, and is often toward legitimate help seekers, and this is why features like an ignore list and customer service are available).

And if someone is looking for a "handout", well that person needs to be given advice on how to improve themselves, and if they don't take it, just drop the conversation/decline the application, or whatever the case may be.

If people even put in remotely a little effort, maybe we wouldn't all be such jerks. :\

Like I said, there are people that take pleasure in disrespecting others if it makes them or their friends feel better or stronger about themselves,or if they think something is "funny". It's far too common and very unnecessary.
I agree. at one point i was one of those people who trolled people out of pleasure during BC then time past and i thought to myself who am i to judge people based on game skill and stuff like that, I'm not better then they are i believe its a ego thing and some people need to learn to control their egos and not put people down for something they don't deserve. and if i trolled anyone from the past then i apologize.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Warrior
08/23/2012 05:22 AMPosted by Drgranuju
I agree. at one point i was one of those people who trolled people out of pleasure during BC then time past and i thought to myself who am i to judge people based on game skill and stuff like that, I'm not better then they are i believe its a ego thing and some people need to learn to control their egos and not put people down for something they don't deserve. and if i trolled anyone from the past then i apologize.

I'm going to level a rogue on Horde side. I expect you to make a video telling me:

1.) All of your keybinds and abilities that you use
2.) Any professions that you may have, and how you leveled them up in a detailed description
3.) All macros to make my playing experience more enjoyable (I see you're pvp so I want your focus shadowstep kicks, saps, blind, etc.)
4.) What gear is better for a Rogue. Should I be getting intel or agility?
5.) What trinkets to use for PvP. Should I be useing the spell power proc and use one? I don't see the point in getting that medallion.

After you have made said video, I will need plenty of practice so you will then run Double Rogue with me in 2s so I can get used to the keybinds and macros.

You will be open to all questions at all times.

Yours truly, Thank you.
Reply Quote
08/23/2012 05:28 AMPosted by Iegend

I'm going to level a rogue on Horde side. I expect you to make a video telling me:

2.) Any professions that you may have, and how you leveled them up in a detailed description
3.) All macros to make my playing experience more enjoyable (I see you're pvp so I want your focus shadowstep kicks, saps, blind, etc.)
5.) What trinkets to use for PvP. Should I be useing the spell power proc and use one? I don't see the point in getting that medallion.

After you have made said video, I will need plenty of practice so you will then run Double Rogue with me in 2s so I can get used to the keybinds and macros.

Yours truly, Thank you.
Why would you want me for that?.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Warrior
08/23/2012 05:33 AMPosted by Drgranuju

Yours truly, Thank you.
Why would you want me for that?.

Not many people would put off their egos to help a fellow player out. I just want your help. Please help me. Please help me. Please? Please? I just don't know how to play a rogue at all.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
08/23/2012 05:45 AMPosted by Iegend
Not many people would put off their egos to help a fellow player out. I just want your help. Please help me. Please help me. Please? Please? I just don't know how to play a rogue at all.

Maybe you should stick to playing your mage Pernicíous. The skill cap for a rogue might be to high for you.
Edited by Ghoulkomati on 8/23/2012 6:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Warrior
08/23/2012 06:17 AMPosted by Ghoulkomati

Maybe you should stick playing you mage Pernicíous. The skill cap for a rogue might be to high for you.

That's why I need help. Can you help me too? I want to learn to play this hard game. What's a shadowdance? How do I sap?
Reply Quote
80 Undead Warlock
My god, posting 3 mins after me, do you live in these forums? D:
Edited by Ghoulkomati on 8/23/2012 6:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
08/23/2012 06:27 AMPosted by Ghoulkomati
My god, posting 3 mins after me, do you live in these forums? D:

Hardly. As you can see, there are breaks in between each of my series of posts. I just happen to have nothing else to do right now. So, I choose to monitor people posting back to me. I don't like to keep my fans waiting breh.

That was 4 minutes by the way. I had to run and grab a bagel.
Edited by Whatsawog on 8/23/2012 6:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
08/23/2012 07:12 AMPosted by Hatredd
Hes so mad this "legend" guy. you paid money to transfer your mage off server as per our arrangment now you cant handle it? You lost you got clowned im just proud of you sir for keeping your word and leaving.

lolwut?
Reply Quote
Real old-schoolers have been on Akama since the server launched.

/flex

/highfive

There doesn't seem to be too many of us left, though.

Beta.

AQs, ZG and MC at level as Fidopoo.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
07/03/2012 06:36 AMPosted by Letan
Transfer alliance for a few weeks then you can whine.

I'm honestly not sure how you guys stay sane over there. Seems like every time I see an Alliance out in the world, there's at least two Horde with them targeted if they aren't already getting ganked.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
I'm not awesome I'm not horrible but I am up for making a great guild and looking for others that are trying to find the same. I have a level 25 guild that is dead at my own doing because I really didn't feel like dealing with it because no one can be counted on. I will take all serious players into our guild or hell I'll let mine stay dead and join your's. I wan't a guild that does pvp and pve and yes it can be done we just need a group of people that are all looking for the same thing and wiling to take some whoopins in the begining to get organized and learn how each other works. We can make a great group just need the committed people. For all of you who say this server is dead these are the ones who need to work together and make it a worthy server again. Pst me if you would be interested or send me a mail. I have many toons so I may be on diff one but I'll get back with you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]