PSA: Ninjaing

66 Blood Elf Death Knight
Hi everyone. We've had a great time tonight, but now it's time to talk about something that will probably affect you or someone you know during your time here in the World of Warcraft.

Ninjaing.

Ninja-ing? Either way that just looks wrong. Anywho, loot ninja...ing has been going on for as long as there has been loot and more than one person who wants it. Once upon a time in a world of lawlessness and no limit on what one could Need or Greed on, it was far more prevalent, but it still exists in our society today and can take many forms:
-Non-healers taking healer gear
-Guild bank cleanout
-That jerk in Ramparts who Needed on some really awesome looking super-rare BoE cloth pants that I really really wanted for my priest's transmog even though she will probably get better ones within two days and *cry* vendor them.

You see, when you're on the search for skimpy plate or even skimpy BoE cloth, leather, or mail for your alts, sometimes people will just Need it right out from under you, claiming "Ohhhhh it's an uuuupgrade for me" or "you can't even weeeear it".

Well, guess what. These people will be replacing and destroying it at the first opportunity they can get, whereas you are going to cherish it and immortalize it in all of your future outfits!. Who deserves this piece? YOU DO!

There's no way to guarantee RNG will be kind to you, but you can take steps to try to stack the deck in your favor:
Bring as many friends as you can find who wear the same quality of gear you're looking for. When the moment comes, they all roll Need on it, giving you more chances to get your coveted prize!

You just have to make sure the friends in question are all willing to then give you said piece of gear instead of double-crossing you and just keeping it because it's so pretty.

And now over to you, Remnit, with some additional tips!
Edited by Grimms on 6/25/2012 7:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
24 Tauren Paladin
While bringing a group of friends with you is maybe the most "reliable" way to ninja the things you want, there are, of course, many other things you can do.

Bring a lucky charm! This is not a surefire method, of course, but Griftah has assured me that carrying a lucky charm such as a Charm of Potent and Powerful Passions, a Hula Girl Doll, or especially a Talisman of True Treasure Tracking will increase your chances exponentially. While you can purchase all of these helpful items from Griftah in Shattrath, you need not spend your hard-earned gold on lucky charms. Go out scavenging, archeaologizing, or running dungeons that are 30 levels too low for you until you stumble across something that immediately after looting, you suddenly get an amazing drop. Or, just carry around something you can make inappropriate macros with. I, personally, never go anywhere without my Large Slimy Bone.

Complain and whine. A LOT. I never get more drops I'm looking for than when I am in a group of strangers and say things like, "I NEVER get the pet in here. I've done this holiday dungeon every day, every year, and everyone I know gets like, 15 that they have to throw away, and I have never gotten it! My luck is so awful!" The only trick to this is that once you get it, which you will, they will all be slightly annoyed with you, and possibly not believe that your luck is as terrible as you say it is. The best way to combat this is to say immediately after, "OMG THIS NEVER HAPPENS! I AM SO EXCITED!!!" A lot of caps and exclamation points are necessary to make it believable. If you can, try to throw in some 1s along with your exclamation points. If the item in question is something everyone can roll on, they are more likely to let you have it the more pathetic and whiny you are.

Jump. Go ahead and jump. When you get up, nothing gets you down, especially not the RNG. There is a rumor circulating that every ten jumps you do in a dungeon will increase your next roll by one. It's only a rumor, but it can't hurt, so you might as well jump.

Go for the items on your birthday. On my birthday, I was farming for the Firefly, and it dropped within half an hour, so I moved on to the Fox Kit, which also dropped within half an hour. This is the only 100% foolproof method, which is definitely not coincidental at all.
Edited by Remnit on 6/25/2012 8:03 AM PDT
Reply Quote
*ninjas your thread*

I like pancakes and bacon. :)
Reply Quote
I'm going out on a limb here and guessing......and this is just a guess......but......did someone......I dunno.........steal something from you? Or your guild?

Again, just a guess.
Reply Quote
*ninjas your thread*

I like pancakes and bacon. :)

That's the spirit!

But no pancakes. Waffles only.
Reply Quote
*ninjas the waffles and irons them out*

WTS Pancakes, 10k per stack!
Reply Quote
06/25/2012 02:51 PMPosted by Valariala

Noooo! You must be in league with Shander!
Reply Quote
I'm going out on a limb here and guessing......and this is just a guess......but......did someone......I dunno.........steal something from you? Or your guild?

Again, just a guess.

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that you didn't read it and/or you haven't noticed all the other tongue in cheek PSAs here :)

I didn't have time to do this until now.
http://i.imgur.com/GQwQw.jpg
Reply Quote
06/25/2012 05:18 PMPosted by Grimms

Noooo! You must be in league with Shander!

Yes, I'm totally in league with Shatner!

*starts doing spoken-word parodies*
Reply Quote
06/25/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Thelanora
And whatever you do, don't forget to take it to trade chat because we all know that trade chat is pretty much the people's court.

On a related note, this gave me a chuckle
http://www.wowbash.com/image-3540.html
Reply Quote
42 Human Paladin
great now I want some waffles
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I could go for some waffles, as well. With strawberries.

Do we have to choose sides? I like waffles AND pancakes. Also cake AND pie! I'm a rebel!
Reply Quote
*makes wavy ridged pancakes* I present to you...PANFFLES!

(or Waffcakes, if that sounds better to you)
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
No, it has to be panffles.

Also, that is possibly the best idea that's ever happened, ever. Or also a pancake sandwich with waffles as the bread.
Reply Quote
Deep-fried waffle-cut pancakes. Like potatoes, only more awesomer.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]