Reckful return

85 Human Rogue
Why would I reroll because I don't know who some random PVPer Rogue is?

Why would I care about any PvE'r that isn't in a top 3 world guild of multiple raid tiers (equiv to what r1 9 times is if not still significantly harder, but just humoring the PvE folk.)?

For me personally though, I don't. I believe pve is as big of a joke as PvP balance over the years. In PvE it's just who exploits first and gets it taken away or who class stacks the hardest using multiple raid groups for gear for a fight like spine ( pvp has it's own flaws too with que dodging/wintrading/ddos attacks etc ). I'll give props to the vanilla raiders etc and people that downed m'uru pre nerf though.

This game pretty much lives on the social aspect in how the saying goes "For the weak minded you don't quit wow, wow quits you." I could quit if I wanted to, but it'd take the people I play with to stop playing for me to truly find it not fun anymore.
Edited by Nahjx on 6/26/2012 8:54 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
06/26/2012 08:35 PMPosted by Nahjx
Why would I reroll because I don't know who some random PVPer Rogue is?

Why would I care about any PvE'r that isn't in a top 3 world guild of multiple raid tiers (equiv to what r1 9 times is if not still significantly harder, but just humoring the PvE folk.)? I'll give props to the vanilla raiders and people that downed m'uru pre nerf though.

That's right I don't, because pve is a joke just like PvP balance, it's just who exploits first and gets it taken away or who class stacks the hardest using multiple raid groups for gear for a fight like spine.

This game pretty much lives on the social aspect in how the saying goes "For the weak minded you don't quit wow, wow quits you." I could quit if I wanted to, but it'd take the people I play with to stop playing for me to truly find it not fun anymore.

Do you have some....personal issue with me?
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
06/26/2012 08:39 PMPosted by Sothe

0 issue I don't even know you.

Just comparing what it's equiv too in a vacuum which never works or should be done in reference to defining the word "random".

People can juggle between pvp and pve, or stick to just one it doesn't really matter. As both have their flaws, but to look down on the pvp game just because it's the red headed step child of getting the changes it deserves doesn't make a person any better.
Edited by Nahjx on 6/26/2012 8:55 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
06/26/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Nahjx

0 issue I don't even know you.

Just comparing what it's equiv too in a vacuum which never even works.

Ah I see, felt more like a personal attack. Sorry I inferred that.
Reply Quote
91 Worgen Rogue
06/26/2012 01:13 AMPosted by Kiroka
his fanboys have fanboys

What?
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Rogue

Chase. Can I call you Chase? Good because I'm going to.

Rogues don't need icons! Icons means being in the forefront of something. Last. Thing. A. Rogue. Wants.

It's interesting that you say this, because while I once would've rallied beside you, I am now finding myself disagreeing with this line of thought.
Reply Quote
93 Worgen Death Knight
06/26/2012 11:00 PMPosted by Madsushi
It's interesting that you say this, because while I once would've rallied beside you, I am now finding myself disagreeing with this line of thought.

I'm not saying that rogues won't elevate some of their peers, the problem with this is simple.

There are enough pvp rogues. Pvp rogues are a dime a dozen. You can launch a rock into any shadow on Azeroth and hit a pvp rogue in the face.

The problem is after this wave of orange rogues, how many true pve rogues are there going to be? Mists will be an interesting time, but really pve rogues are in an interesting place.

The revamp that warlocks are getting is going to push interest back into them, but rogues? My more learned rogue friends tell me besides using different weapons, rogues are going to be mighty alike, no matter the spec.

It will be interesting to see!

06/27/2012 12:01 AMPosted by Stuffs
I love how this thread blew up

You're welcome.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Rogue
06/27/2012 12:01 AMPosted by Stuffs
I love how this thread blew up
KABOOM, THERE'S STUFF EVERYWHERE.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Rogue
Was browsing through Twitch last night and I saw he was streaming. He was playing Tetris lol

Not gonna lie, I watched for like 10 mins.

edit: My alltime favorite rogues are Happyminti and Mahiko, anyone know what either of them are up to?
Edited by Crowing on 6/27/2012 5:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warlock
Reckful was a top rogue but is also the most overrated rogue as well. He is top 5 for sure, but not the best on my scale. I rate live tournament play heavily weighted over producing a video that looks amazing. On a Side note, when i comes to videos I give UNMERCY the nod for producing most enjoyable videos to watch for a rogue, skill + style.

In tournament play ( no fancy editing or selective game chosen ), I give the nod to woundman, kalamist, and khuna for playing better live on the big stage than reckful.

Reckful playing RMP vs Button Bashers put him ahead of Woundman imo. Flashy video with comparatively lackluster tournament performances would be Neilyo.
Edited by Loviathar on 6/27/2012 6:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I'm glad he is back and look forward to watching some of his play and hopefully future videos.

It's comical to me when I hear so much criticism and negative feedback about a "pro player." I guess it's similar to those who can't appreciate someone who pursues their endeavors and succeeds at a high level no matter their chosen path. You have those that are too jealous or have too much pride to show respect and those that really don't have any idea of the skill and dedication it takes to make it to a professional level. Reminds me of the ex-high school badasses that still say today on the court, "ya bro, I could have played D1 or better, they aren't all that good." LMAO GTFO.
Reply Quote
93 Draenei Paladin
06/26/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Tantojutsu
If he's really well known...doesn't that technically make him a terrible Rogue?

Hah!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I bust balls because well...I just do.

In all srsness I don't mind reckful.

I don't think you should worship someone for being good at a vidja game, just like I don't think you should worship anyone for being good at anything.

Too much Ayn Rand I suppose.

Chase. Can I call you Chase? Good because I'm going to.

Rogues don't need icons! Icons means being in the forefront of something. Last. Thing. A. Rogue. Wants.

Ayn Rand is horrible. It's kind of ironic actually, you're saying that you don't like it when people worship others, yet Rand was basically a cult leader that wanted to be worshiped and to be thought of as the smartest person ever. Her ego was unbearable.

Anyway, Original is probably my favorite rogue to watch. Best rogue vs rogue skill, and he 1v2 Reckful and Pookz in the NAO tournament. Here's the link to the video if any of you are interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kufsJysS8HE
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
TBH....I never really head much on this Reckful guy, only that he is some high end arena PvPer.

Now I dont mind the guy since....I have never ecountered him. So I got nothing against him.

I do however get a little erked when people.....put these guys up on a podium.

Its bothersome when people say "Why dont you spec like this Reckful does!" or "You should use this cause Reckful does." etc. etc.

Heck...even when he QUIT he made some comment about how he likes BoS....and still today I hear the ocassional person say "BoS is soooo much better than the other 2, Reckful said so."

Its the people that give up their own minds and thinking because the want to copy/paste some high end PvPer or PvErs that is bothersome to me.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
reckful is really cool though. The reason i say this is because jesus christ, have you seen the dude's videos? He is less like a pure damage class and more like a swiss army knife. it is really admirable. Horrible fail rogues like me can only gasp at the pure majesty of his shadow dance. tis a beautiful wonderful dance.
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
i think some of you have taken OP's original thought and threw it down the drain. I think that it is ok for OP and myself to be excited for the return of our mentor. No one is trying to be like reckful, but if you can get a 3k rating, more videos=more pointers.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
06/28/2012 06:43 PMPosted by Cruelix
I think that it is ok for OP and myself to be excited for the return of our mentor.

To me this is just a bit creepy....

To me this game is for fun.....and I dont need a mentor to have fun.

Dont get me wrong, people who put all their hopes and dreams into any sports hero or movie star is also.....odd to me.

But when you are this excited about some guy whos only claim to fame is that he is good at a video game and posts vids....that just creeps me out a bit.

As I said I bear no ill will toward reckful, its the people that hang and swear by his every word that I find odd.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I don't find it creepy at all. I think this is where we differ as casuals and hardcore gamers. If you are hardcore player you'd most likely know who he is.
Reply Quote
56 Blood Elf Rogue
This thread derailed into awesomeness pretty fast.

OT: Forge seems boring.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]