The best & worst looking armor ever

100 Night Elf Hunter
WoW has had some epic looking and not so hot armor sets throughout its history. So, in an effort to highlight the best and worst, and because I'm a huge fan of shameless self promotion, I bring you one lament's opinion as to the most eye catching and just ugliest armor sets in WoW history. Enjoy!

Top Ten Worst

10. Druid, Tier 12, Volcanic Regalia...this set looks like the wearer got catapulted through a tree. Just a stupid looking set.

9. Shaman. The Five Thunders...how many wrenches did they attach to the shoulders and head slot piece on this set?

8. Paladin, Tier 1, Lawbringer...ridiculously cartoonish, hatefully flashy, eye assaultingly garish, and all sorts of “LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEE”. And yes, I made up a word specifically to express my hatred for this armor.

7. Hunter, Tier 11, Lightning-Charged Battlegear...at what point did it become cool or even remotely credible for a hunter to look like a blinged out murloc?

6. Warlock, Tier 1, Felheart Raiment...Liberace was clearly the designer of this set. The color pallet looks like a bag of spilled Skittles.

5. Hunter, Tier 12, Flamewlker's Battlegear...I realize the armor is supposed to draw inspiration from the current patch boss/zone focus but this makes hunters look like orange yucca plants.

4. Priest, Tier 1, Vestments of Prophecy...you don't even look like a priest. You’d look more priest like in a mechanized battlesuit. The only priest set that was worse was...

3. Priest, Tier 2, Vestments of Transcendence...the color scheme blows, the shoulders are just freakishly bad, and the head piece combined with the shoulders makes the wearer look like a Swiss Army Pocket Knife.

2. Priest, Tier 12, Vestments of Where the hell did my head go…this set looks hideous, disjointed, unfinished, halfassed, rushed, mangled, incompetent, wretched, or any other adjective denoting *blech*. I’ve coughed up lung biscuits that were more aesthetically pleasing. Okay, so there were two priest sets worse than Tier 1, sue me.

1. Field Marshal's Regalia...in no way shape or form does this set match any class. In fact, unless you're playing a porcupine, this set matches no playable race or class in the entire game.

Top Ton Best

10. Rogue, Tier 2, Bloodfang...any rogue so looks the part of a backstabbing, bloodthirsty murdering psychopath in this set.

9. Hunter, Tier 4, Demon stalker Armor...what death knights should've been wearing from day one. This set oozes badarseness. Andd it belongs to hunters…mwahahaha

8. Warlock, Teir 11, Shadowflame Regalia…you get horns that look like the Twlight Citadel, the shoulders and head are flawless, and your eyes glow a haunting shade of green.

7. Shaman, Tier 7, Hero's Earthshaker Garb…best shammy set ever. Thrall wept when WotLK was released. “I’ve got to get that armor,” said Thrall to nobody in particular.

6. Hunter, Tier 6, Gronnstalker's Armor…the shoulders have ginormous eyeballs that move and emit this creepy vapor stuff. Standing next to a transmoged hunter with these shoulders is scary.

5. Priest, Tier 6, Vestments of Absolution…the shoulders are…*ahhhhhhhhhh*…sorry, had a nerdgasm…*wipes off keyboard*…the damn shoulders glow, you get this halo effect behind your head, and the chest piece is……..*thank god for keyboard slip covers*

4. Death Knight, Tier 11, Magma Plated Battlearmor…um, this set on the right toon, a tallish one, looks unbelievably stunning and evil. Easily the best death knight armor set ever.

3. Warlock, Tier 6, Malefic Raiment…do yourself a favor. Go to YouTube, do a “WoW Warlock Tier 6 Armor” search. Watch at least three different videos. They gave warlocks Balrog wings, the lucky bastards.

2. Mage, Tier 11, Firelord's Vestments…quite possibly the coolest single piece of gear in all of WoW is the head in this set. Good god it is unbelievably epic. I will be running FL raids on my priest from now until Armageddon to get the head piece in this set. The shoulders are epic, the robes go perfectly, a phenomenal looking armor set.

1. Priest, Tier 13, Vestments of Awesome…the best, most badarse, most awesome, most “holy crap that’s cool” armor set in the game. Not a single piece needs transmoged. Keep your Tier 13 gear priests, you’ll wear it until WoW goes the way of the mighty dodo.

Now that I’ve had my 15 minutes of fame, or ten minutes of utter futility, what say you fellow…whatever. Be brutally honest in your comments, I’ve been naughty.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
06/26/2012 02:37 PMPosted by Drterrific
Top Ton Best

Would be 10 different sets of Warlock tier.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I think that the #1 best set in the game is the Priest Valorous set from Ulduar days.

My opinion.

@KC

Lol... -.-*
Edited by Bretherezen on 6/26/2012 2:42 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
8. Paladin, Tier 1, Lawbringer...ridiculously cartoonish, hatefully flashy, eye assaultingly garish, and all sorts of “LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEEEE”. And yes, I made up a word specifically to express my hatred for this armor.

Not to mention most of the Pally helmets look ridiculous.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
Blinged out Murloc checking in!

I love this set!

Also, I really love my Flamewaker's set. First set I earned entirely when it was current content. You wear Shannox's FACE!!! That's a serious deal right there.
Edited by Mofojar on 6/26/2012 2:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Mage
Clearly the OP doesn't have a Lock since...

Lock T5 is the greatest set... EVER!

EVER!

/thread
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
You forgot Rogue's tier 13, under top 10 worst.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
06/26/2012 02:41 PMPosted by Killercaitie
Top Ton Best

Would be 10 different sets of Warlock tier.

When I researched this post it became painfully obvious that warlocks on balance have had the best looking armor in the game, and frankly it's not even close. I only omitted the warlock Tier 2, 7, and 12 because there were already 2 lock sets in the Top Ten. I also saw a preview of the MoP warlock set...*drool*...holy god it's indescribably awesome. If the previews are accurate, this Top Ten list gets revised in a heartbeat.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
06/26/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Mushoopork

Rogue T8 is up there as well. You have a gnome skull stuck to the top of your head...
Reply Quote
5 Blood Elf Mage
06/26/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Drterrific
I only omitted the warlock Tier 2, 7, and 12 because there were already 2 lock sets in the Top Ten.

T5?!?!?!?

T5 belongs in the #1 best slot... says everyone :) (who matters)
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
06/26/2012 02:45 PMPosted by Mushoopork

Trust me, it drew consideration but wasn't as horrifying in my opinion as the other sets.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Clearly the OP doesn't have a Lock since...

Lock T5 is the greatest set... EVER!

EVER!

/thread

Meh. Teir 6 and 11 are more ominous looking. Tier 5 was epic bt not as "HOLY CRAP" as the other lock sets. If I saw any toon in warlock Tier 6 armor with the wings out, I'd take a fraidy pee and curl into a fetal position.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Worst armor
Shaman t5.
Whatever warlock tier has the helm with the wings, the wings are ok, the helm is terrible.
Mage t11
Priest t11 and t12(what was with the toilets?)
Rogue t11, flashing lights is the epitome of stealth
Druid t10, what is that helm supposed to be and why are there piranha plants on the shoulders?
Hunter t12
Paladin t1
The warrior helm with the blue tentacles.

I don't pay much attention to dk armor, it all looks the same to me.
Edited by Adelaide on 6/26/2012 2:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Blinged out Murloc checking in!

I love this set!

Also, I really love my Flamewaker's set. First set I earned entirely when it was current content. You wear Shannox's FACE!!! That's a serious deal right there.

As a fellow hunter I gotta say the murloc set looks ridiculous. I transmogged my stuff into Gronnstalker then the bear shoulders because hunters need to look evil, unflinching, and capable of killing anything and wearing its skin. Who's going to be intimidated by a hunter who preys on murlocs? Your point on Shannox is valid but the Tier 12 shoulders look retarded.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
Here's a preview of what MoP warlock armor may look like.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiVOEghdU1Y
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

As a fellow hunter I gotta say the murloc set looks ridiculous. I transmogged my stuff into Gronnstalker then the bear shoulders because hunters need to look evil, unflinching, and capable of killing anything and wearing its skin. Who's going to be intimidated by a hunter who preys on murlocs? Your point on Shannox is valid but the Tier 12 shoulders look retarded.

Considering murlocs kicked the darkspear trolls' butts until Thrall rode in to save them I'd say trolls would be intimidated by a hunter that preys on murlocs.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
I know the OP is smoking something because three priest sets show up in the "worst" category.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]