Alliance AH completely screwed by bots

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Seriously, what the hell is going on here? Insanely overinflated prices on every enchant, all with the same or similar prices and different bot names so it doesn't seem too obvious (even though it is).
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
You didnt pay attention in Economics class did you? You would especially want to note the part about supply/demand and how that can determine "value." If you feel they are overpriced, don't buy them. If everyone else agrees, then prices will fall. However, if people are willing to pay the price that YOU view as inflated, then that means they are "worth" it. Really, it is all about opportunity costs. I suggest you enroll into a Micro Econ class. This may help you to NOT look like a moron on the intrawebz.

Or if you are an enterprising type, this would be a good time for you to farm some materials and list some chants. You would stand a good chance of being bought out if someone is purposefully trying to control enchant prices OR you can "avenge" what you think are horrible prices by placing the enchants on the AH at what you feel is a "fair" price.
Edited by Jadedpunk on 6/27/2012 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Uh huh. Every single Stormy Ocean Sapphire on the AH was bought out last night. They were listed at 4-5g. They're now listed at 150g. That is just retarded, economics or not.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Then you should probably prospect and cut gems to take advantage of it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
06/28/2012 03:30 AMPosted by Xanaa
Uh huh. Every single Stormy Ocean Sapphire on the AH was bought out last night. They were listed at 4-5g. They're now listed at 150g. That is just retarded, economics or not.

If no one buys them, then the seller is going to lose money on AH deposits. However, if people do buy a couple, the seller will have made enough to justify the increased price. Don't be mad at the seller, be made at people willing to pay that much. It is all about opportunity costs. As the Nubs stated, this is your chance to shine Mr. Sparkles. Go get some gems and undercut that dirty, horrendous, smelly price inflator and everything will be unicorns and rainbows!

@Priestnub I heart your face. Did you rage quit Rage quit? (I just wanted to type that, sounded fun in my head)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
No I joined to help someone get guild rep from arena, and now he is ally so I went back to Nothing Fancy. I didn't know anyone in Rage Quit anyways
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
06/28/2012 05:54 AMPosted by Priestnub
No I joined to help someone get guild rep from arena, and now he is ally so I went back to Nothing Fancy. I didn't know anyone in Rage Quit anyways

Hey nubbers, did you notice JP is 85 now...lol. I got so bored I leveled him.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
The opposite problem is occuring on some items too... more than one farmer buys up all of something and then they fight and fight to sell theirs eventually leaving something that started out costing 20g, selling for 50 silver.

I actually play along with this though. It is easy to make money when you see people doing that buy selling the same item for less than the massive ammount listed by someone else. Just to &@## the farmers off sometimes I will list several hundred of an item a DRASTICLY lower prices. Just so they lose their deposits. xD

Not only do you make some gold, but you help get the economy back in place.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Who cares?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]