Know Thy Enemy

90 Blood Elf Hunter
IDK about enemies..but ok!

I have some questions for alliance folk around here. I looked though several pages of content on here and couldn't find all the answers...

I don't really know too much about what goes on on the blue side of this server but I am sure I have some misconceptions and whatnot. When I think of Alliance on Cho'gall I think of a rough AH, frustrated people leveling and trying to avoid getting ganked by annoying horde, but mostly nice people who just enjoy playing the game despite the "setbacks" that come from a server with not nearly as many alliance as horde.

When I see them around (few and far between except at the Darkmoon Faire) I try to wave or pull out my pet gryphon hatchling so they see hopefully that deep down I have some kinship (my first toon was a night elf). When we are in bg's it's a different story of course--or if they attack first :)

I think it must take a certain kind of patience and dedication to play when you know you are technically outnumbered and I would imagine the guilds are perhaps more like places where
"everybody knows your name." <<<---Stuff like that makes me think a lower pop situation could be cool, but I do wonder what you guys really think..about your fellow Alliance, about life on this server, and about the Horde.

I am not at this time interested in leveling something on ally side just yet, because I am busy on my hunter here and probably won't slow down anytime soon, but if you could humor me with answers I would appreciate it. Also, I hope you guys don't think I just feel sorry for you and think you're pathetic or anything like that. I just wonder what you guys think about everything. I hope you don't take this all the wrong way...

Here's a little "survey", if you will:

1. How are the guilds? How is your guild by comparison?

2. Do you find a smaller size to be a disadvantage/advantage? In what aspects?

3. How is the AH? Are you okay with that? Is it more about networking than putting things in the AH?

4. Do you have Horde toons as well?

5. If you play on both sides, which side seems to be more mature? More fun? Better at PVP?

6. How do you view horde players ?(be honest)

7. If you could either add more ally players, decrease horde players or stay the same, which would you choose and why?

8. Finally, if you saw me around Azeroth would you try to kill me or /wave? ;)
Edited by Samarrah on 6/27/2012 3:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I think the guilds are great. Our economy is basically within guilds so there is a lot of cooperation that defines what a guild should be in my view. There is a lot of cross-pollination from The Zoo to other guilds, because, well. we only take druids so if you have alts they are in the other guilds. That makes for some pretty good relations between guilds. Love CSS and Girlrage!

There are obvious disadvantages when you do not have the numbers to fully experience end game etc. I think most of us love the challenge of the underdog role though, and it makes for a new game that isn't defined by the latest and greatest purples. I have numerous characters on a highly populated server and often feel completely alone and lost in the crowd there. On Cho'gall I feel part of something and I am surrounded by friends.

3. How is the AH? Are you okay with that? Is it more about networking than putting things in the AH?
The economy is weird. I have been skinner and herbalist since day 1 on this toon and have never sold any meaningful amounts of leather or flowers on our AH. I give away stuff for free and get free stuff back. Gold? You don't need much. Dailies cover expenses.

I have a level 1 I made so a guildie could turn me into a turkey. A year later I still had the turkey buff when the holiday rolled around again. :)

5. If you play on both sides, which side seems to be more mature? More fun? Better at PVP?
My level 1 turkey doesn't know enough to say.

The enemy! Nah.. I know there are great people over there too. Some even have alts in The Zoo. If they know our secret handshake (/moo) we may even break into a spontaneous dance party.

7. If you could either add more ally players, decrease horde players or stay the same, which would you choose and why?
I would be quite content to stay the same or grow slowly with people who "get" what we have here. Last thing we need is another ham-handed fix like when Blizz opened free transfers. That move just attracted a swarm of "I am here to save this server!" egos. Those folks don't last long here.

If you can learn the secret handshake (see above) we may avoid bloodshed. Heh. Who am I kidding? I am resto. You are in no danger and I will likely run away.
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Death Knight
The guilds are fine. Only thing I can think of that would be bad is the fact that there are so little raiding guilds, probably 2? That if you have a problem with someone in one or the other it's not like you really have anywhere to turn. My guild is mostly leveling and social but we have a lot of cool people and I can usually find someone to run some BGs or 2s with if I want.

ADVANTAGE. It's the only reason why I moved over to Horde. I am able to go to Molten Front, TB, and future daily quest zones and just having killing sprees. We're also a much closer community and you really get to know people. On the other hand our PvP, PvE and AH are severely limited because of the small community.

What AH?

No, but really you don't need the AH what so ever. Through trade, your guild and etc. you can find more than enough people with the professions and even items that you need.

I was actually originally Horde on this server. Due to how cowardly and non-social they seemed to act I was forced to switch over to the Alliance and it seems that it was for the better. Now have both of my 85s over here.

More mature? Alliance and it is extremely clear. More fun? Alliance IF you PvP. Better at PvP? Horde. They outnumber us so of course they have more dedicated and skilled PvPers.

cowards.

Probably add more players so we could have an AH. At the same time though it would be pretty cool to have even more Horde players for me to kill...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah....
Kill.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Alliance made alt and stay in my guild just so they know where I am and not to get in my way.

Alliance got horde alt just so they can join 'For the Horde' group and be alliance 007 hero.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest

There are only a couple. <Locked Down> is the guild I'm in, and we have a really nice family. We all genuinely enjoy each others company :-)

<Cho'gall Police Dept> is another good guild we have. They have some really awesome people in their guild as well. Damages and Velandrys are two of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, and they keep good company in their raid core.

<Serenity Now> is the PvP guild. There are a lot of really skilled players in SN. I don't like talking bad about Alliance guilds, because I feel like every guild brings something special to Alliance side, but SN is the one guild that seems to lack the most maturity on Alliance side. Sorry guys...

<Cho'gall Secret Service> has a lot of really nice players as well. They seem to take a lot of the rerolls. They have some of the nicer people on Alliance side as well like Girlrage.

<The Zoo> Wow... what can I say about a guild full of Druids? Lunasea has always been one of the nicest people I've ever met not only in game but in my entire life. Luna has a huge heart and a great personality, and I'm sure it's a huge reason why <The Zoo> has been so successful despite such a low population. Morroes is a fantastic guy as well. He'll do anything for anyone on the server and he's a great example of what this server needs more of.

Huge disadvantage. We can't fill raid spots when someone has to miss, so we miss the whole week. We have no AH. We can't quest at the beginning of expansions for about a month... the list goes on.

Your second question hit the nail on the head. If you make more enemies than friends on Alliance side, you'll never make it. A crafters network is a MUST.

Yep. I'm Aneese (the xmog girl!), Pasteurized (Tauren Druid herbalist), and my raid toon Aleiia, which is in <Locked Downs> Horde guild <Quiet Riot>.

More mature - Alliance by a longshot
More fun - Horde because you can actually do things with other players on your server.
Better at PvP - Strictly on a skilled player per capita, it's definitely Alliance. There are some great Horde PvP'ers, but Alliance as a whole has a hell of a lot of good players for how few we actually have in total.

I've met a lot of nice ones, but to be honest, my time on Cho'gall has made me hate everything about Horde. Especially with how Wintergrasp was...

My view of them is mostly that they're freeloaders who came here to get carried by good PvE guilds, and steamroll Alliance in Wintergrasp. They'll be the first ones that tell us "OMG PvP happened on a PvP server!?!?" when we complain about being unable to quest at the beginning of Cata, but they have no idea what it's actually like to play on a PvP server because they never have to worry about getting killed.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af95/Martouff/WoWScrnShot_120710_224757.jpg

That's not PvP on a PvP server...

I'm probably in the minority on Alliance side who would like to add more Alliance players. I don't even want many... just 100-150 more active 85's. The community could take a huge hit if they aren't the right people though, so I understand why people are hesitant to want to encourage more population.

I think it'd be best if 20% of the Horde xferred to Alliance.

I would /hug
Edited by Martouff on 6/27/2012 10:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
Lol Nexii I just read your post.

I love your honesty! Especially...

Camp.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I am currently available to rent for a day to either faction. Cost to be determined at the time of purchase =)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
1: I personally love the two guilds that i am in (The Zoo and Chogall Secret Service). both guilds have incredibly helpful and nice people and i have had lots of fun in both of them!!

2:I guess it could go either way honestly. In terms of tol barad i consider it a huge advantage, since almost anyone can get in when they want too. So we almost always have a lot of our core pvpers in there for every battle

3:Eh id never use auction houses on other servers anyways, as i get by with very little gold. I've never had any trouble getting something i needed here due to how nice and helpful a lot of people are. You've just got to be nice and helpful back!!

4:Nah i dont

5: I wouldn't know :P

6:Eh i i generally consider them to be a bunch of filthy green skins!! :P But really i dont mind them, I've run into all kinds of horde enough to realize theres great hordies and terrible hordies. I've had some really nice ones join me with quests so we would help eachother through them while leveling up! And I've had others who fly over and /spit and try to kill me (and promptly get put in their place :P ). I actually have a good track record of meeting either the absolute nicest horde (to the point where they will make an alliance alt just to chat) or the complete worst hordie (where they make an alt just to flame me)

7: I would slowly increase it at a pace where people can get used to the community first so that they are accustomed to the nice friendly environment here!

8: I usually /wave or /hug or use the secret druid handshake that luna mentioned above! however if a horde ever does any remotely rude emote, or i see them land, target me, and buff up. then i usually get ready to try and tear them a new one

Edit: if a hordie is attacking any city or has just ganked a guildy or a friend of mine, i kill on site. And also every once in awhile ill log on in a somewhat stressed out mood, and will go to tol barad or something and kill anyone i see. I have a stressful job :(
Edited by Taladol on 6/27/2012 12:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
06/27/2012 10:14 AMPosted by Doevilstuff
Alliance made alt and stay in my guild just so they know where I am and not to get in my way.

Not get in your way....? I would get in your way on purpose every time, free 10 honor for me
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Guilds are pretty much like your E-Family over here....most people will find one, and stick to it forever. There are the few exceptions, like the trolls who get kicked and then end up making a personal guild because they realize no one wants them. <Serenity Now> is the guild i'm in, and it USED to be a PvP guild with a great RBG team, but !@#$ happened and now we're just like a casual social guild, probably will pick up speed again in MoP.

For me, personally, an advantage. I don't like crowds, and I i'm not afraid to farm for the stuff I need, and I don't complain about the auction house because I made a small fortune off of the alliance sides AH.

Refer to above, I find it fine, things SHOULD be cheaper, but w/e I feel kinda guilty sometimes for charging people the prices I set, but I look at my wallet and get over it. Usually if you really need something you just have to know who to go to, people will help you do neutral AH transfers if you ask them.

I was originally horde through all of WOTLK, I had about 6-7 80s. Then near the end of the Xpac I decided to level a warrior on alliance, named Bromni, Cata dropped and bromni was about level 68, so I ignored him to level my horde main to 85, but soon after I realized that I was missing my alliance guildies and so I decided my 2nd 85 was going to be Bromni, and he became my main for the majority of this Xpac. And then I ended up xferring about 5 of my horde toons to alliance side, so now my tally is at 3 Horde 85s and 7 Alliance 85s
Edit:
Horde toons are: Bromni, Thoracks, and i'm not disclosing the third because he's a secret.
Alliance toons are: Omni, Omnismash, Omnigeddon, Marluxia, Thumbtack, Xhaotic, Crixalis

Neither is more mature. Horde tends to seem to be less mature, but it's only because of the number of people and therefore more trolls and people that annoy me. But alliance aren't much better, most of the active ones are horde xfers or rerolls anyway. The old Alliance, the originals, the ones that go way back tend to be the mature and nice ones, the ones that I fell in love with, but most of them have quit or left. Alliance is more fun yes, because if we get bored, we can create world pvp whenever we want since horde will flock to us. Better at PvP, no. From my observations the majority of the alliance are all world pvpers / bgers. and are sitting in a 1400-1500 arena mmr. The elite alliance pvpers, like I said, have quit or transfered, and no I don't mean Worldpeace or topper, they were terrible.

Obnoxious, loud, trolls, 10 honor in a meat costume.

I'd like the original alliance players to return, and some of these newcomers to go back to horde. I miss the Alliance that I joined

Neither. I would kill you, there is no try.
Edited by Omnigeddon on 6/28/2012 12:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
First off Bromni that attitude is why people don't like SN.

OT:
1: I love my guild there's nowhere else I'd rather be. I can almost always find someone to queue with for bgs if I want to.

2: I don't mind the smaller population, maybe that's just me but I don't mind farming my own mats if no one can help me out.

3: See above also I have every profession at max so it doesn't really matter to me how much the item I want is since I can always farm it if I think it costs too much.

4: Yes, I switched over from horde right before ICC came out and fell in love with it. Started in The Resistance and met some nice people but most have xfered off or quit completely.

5: Well I haven't played horde much lately, but from what I remember most were always looking for an achieve even if it was something outdated like naxx. (even after ICC came out) that's just sad.

6: Some are alright but it seems like most try to bite off more than they can chew.

7: Doesn't matter to me really, if my guild dies I'll probably take the easy way most people have already and xfer off.

8: depends on my mood most of the time I'll let you be, but if I had a bad day I will definitely "try" to kill you.
Edited by Sycoz on 6/28/2012 3:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
06/28/2012 03:44 AMPosted by Sycoz
First off Bromni that attitude is why people don't like SN.

Which attitude? The one where I don't think every ally is gladiator, or the one where I don't think every ally is Mr. Rogers? I don't sugar coat things, i'm honest, if that bugs people then that's too bad for them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I have only been in CPD and The Zoo, and I can never decide which of the two I want to be in at any given time. I joined CPD when I first got here with Defiançe (my DK) and played there until I created Aurelia. Of course I had to join The Zoo (they had cookies!) and that is when I met Luna and Morroes (<3 you two) and I have been hooked ever since, even holding down the GM position for a while.

An advantage because I know almost everybody and almost everybody knows me. Disadvantage because there is no serious endgame due to our lack of people. Lack of endgame doesn't bother me so much, I have been there and done that, no huge interest to do it again.

Check the AH, sometimes what you need is there, sometimes it isn't. If the item you are looking for isn't then it is time to pull up the friends list and farm some mats, or bug Morroes for gold =P. (I don't ever actually take his gold/handouts, we do fight about it though)

Two, neither of which are on this server, and neither of which have been touched since the end of BC.

More mature I can't say, I know a lot of us alliance side are purposefully goofy a lot of the time, and I don't have enough experience actually talking to horde players. As for more fun/better at PvP, I would have to say alliance. (Yes I am bias, but TB battles speak for themselves...)

Can't stand them, the beginning of Cata was terrible, and I shall kill them every chance I get to avenge for it. I actually had a group of three 85s at the start of Cata camp me in Uldum (I was level 83 at the time). I decided it wasn't worth the trouble, so I logged out to get some dinner and relax for a bit. I came back ~3 hours later, and THEY WERE STILL THERE. It especially bugged me when they came to the forums to say "PvP happened on a PvP server?!?! NO WAY!?!? *troll face*" only to turn around and rage whisper me when I kill them once while they are out in TB doing dailies. I guess the word I am looking for is hypocrites.

Get rid of the type of Horde mentioned above, replace them with decent people, and keep everything else the same.

If you /moo at me, I will let you live. If you don't /moo you are dead, only once though and then I will move on. =)

** If you are a rogue there is no chance for /moo, you are dead as soon as I spot you.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Priest
06/28/2012 10:12 AMPosted by Omnigeddon
Which attitude? The one where I don't think every ally is gladiator, or the one where I don't think every ally is Mr. Rogers? I don't sugar coat things, i'm honest, if that bugs people then that's too bad for them.

No, but I will say that SN is the guild that takes all the Horde rerolls and has the majority of the people that are rude on this side, so if you wouldn't be harboring all the dbags you might have a different view of Alliance.

There are few people in SN that I've felt have actually fit in on Alliance side. I know a lot of us on Alliance like you, Bromni, but a lot of the people in your guild are the ones who need to go back to Horde side.
Reply Quote
I think some of the guilds on the Alliance side are great. Every guild has some bad apples though. In the past I've tried to do some raiding with in my own guild, but it never really picked up, to many people had to much of a difference in play schedules and I myself never really had a solid schedule due to work. With that said, if I ever did do raiding, it would probably be casual, meaning no hard modes. I don't like seeing myself or anyone else get upset over specific iLVL that drops.

I think one of the advantages to being a GM on Cho'gall is having good guild relations with some of the other guild leaders. I usually try and keep in touch with the ones on this side of the server. If one stupid player does something completely wrong, the other guild leaders will find out quickly due to the small community. I always talk to Lunesea, Snuggiebear, Fallenzero(when he was GM of SN), Wnfakind or Angeli of Innuendo and once in awhile to Damages.(very rarely though)

The AH is usually un-reliable. Every now and then I try and slap on some low level enchants to sell for newer players to Cho'gall. If there was something that I really needed, I would probably try and network to get it.

When I first rerolled I have a level 1 orc rogue on this realm. I mainly use/used him to get to people check out the neutral Ah where I use to put the White Kitten up for sale. This was mainly done for gold purposes.

5. If you play on both sides, which side seems to be more mature? More fun? Better at PVP? I think regardless of the faction, both sides act pretty much the same.

I think some, not all of the Horde players are laughable when it comes to PvP.. One of the things that really urks me is when Horde players come to the forums or make a level 1 alt asking for help from Alliance. These are the problems you should expect if you played on a server that has a sever ratio imbalance.

I would probably add more Alliance players. Though of course, if the server becomes more balanced there might not be much of a reason to be here on Cho'gall.

In actuality, if I saw you on this toon, I would probably /wave, but if I saw you on one of my other toons that isn't well known, would most likely be tempted to gank depending on my mood.
Edited by Orren on 6/29/2012 4:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

No, but I will say that SN is the guild that takes all the Horde rerolls and has the majority of the people that are rude on this side, so if you wouldn't be harboring all the dbags you might have a different view of Alliance.

There are few people in SN that I've felt have actually fit in on Alliance side. I know a lot of us on Alliance like you, Bromni, but a lot of the people in your guild are the ones who need to go back to Horde side.

Aw, no fair. You keep 'em!

I am pleased that a lot of you are sharing, This is nice. Not so much the parts about killing me-- but hey! Still nice!
Edited by Samarrah on 6/28/2012 2:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
06/28/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Martouff

I am well aware, and I wish I could fix this problem. But my officer status doesn't justify me kicking them all out of the guild, or believe me, I would have done it already. I don't even like the majority of the active players bearing the <Serenity Now> tag, but I'm not about to leave because it's my home, I was here first, I was around during its creation. I just sit around and wait for them to be annoying in plain sight so I have a reason for kicking them.

The people who have been meanest to me personally, have been people from innuendo and the barcode guild. I'm glad innuendo died
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]