Mists of Pandaria and...it's point?

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm not trying to rant so don't take this as a hate thread, but I need a question answered...what's the point of pandaria? The rest of the expansions made sense whether you liked them or not...started in vanilla it was after WC3 if you played that...then the dark portal opened so we had to go back there to fight them...then the scourge became an even bigger issue so we fought them in lich king, all of these tied together with the original stories from warcraft. Even cataclysm, even though it's not my favorite kind of makes sense in a way story wise...but then pandaria, I just don't understand how that made sense in any of the story when their main goal was to be an april fools joke not a piece of lore...anyone care to enlighten me?
Not sure if its a troll post or honest but whatever ill bite.

They want an expansion where the direction and lore is open to try out new stuff, its refreshing.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Not a troll post, i've been playing warcraft since around 1998 and I just never followed their lore...I was just curious, not trying to troll =/
06/27/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Rainydays
I'm not trying to rant so don't take this as a hate thread, but I need a question answered...what's the point of pandaria? The rest of the expansions made sense whether you liked them or not...started in vanilla it was after WC3 if you played that...then the dark portal opened so we had to go back there to fight them...then the scourge became an even bigger issue so we fought them in lich king, all of these tied together with the original stories from warcraft. Even cataclysm, even though it's not my favorite kind of makes sense in a way story wise...but then pandaria, I just don't understand how that made sense in any of the story when their main goal was to be an april fools joke not a piece of lore...anyone care to enlighten me?

The point is a large portion of the playerbase has been asking for pandaren as a playable race since wow was released. They created all the lore for it, and it looks like it will be a wonderful expansion :).
97 Undead Warlock
The point of going to Pandaria is Pandaria itself. The continent has been hidden for thousands of years and has exploitable resources that either side in a brewing war could use to gain an advantage on their enemy.
06/27/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Elgunaz
The point is to re-open the market in China.

Since MoP has been in development since Wrath when subs were still growing...no.

06/27/2012 09:55 AMPosted by Rainydays
anyone care to enlighten me?

MoP is addressing the center piece of lore in Warcraft...War.
Edited by Solaru on 6/27/2012 10:14 AM PDT
100 Human Mage
I don't think it needs a point honestly. Cataclysm had a point and I didn't enjoy it very much at all.
War stopped in the FIRST EXPANSION, anyone dreaming of realm pvp needs to WAKE UP FROM SAID DREM
98 Undead Mage
My only gripe with MoP is the new Panda race. My personal opinion is that they look too childish.

It's going to take time for me to get used to seeing fat, fluffy pandas running around Org.
85 Draenei Mage
Pandaren make me angry. They were an april fools joke for crying out loud!
But anyway, they seem to be doing a good job of creating the lore behind them and everything so I'm ok with it. In fact I feel like they have more solid lore than Draenei now.
90 Night Elf Druid
The basic intro lore for MoP is:

With the cataclysm, the shrouds that kept pandaria separate dissipated and the horde and alliance are both trying to recover and there is a new island with so many resources that they would like to control. This leads to the inevitable clash of Horde vs Alliance.
90 Undead Rogue
06/27/2012 10:06 AMPosted by Kyà
it looks like it will be a wonderful expansion :).

lol...
90 Draenei Shaman
Pandaren were not an april fools joke, their contributions in WC3 is lore. The joke was that they would be a playable faction in WC3.
90 Human Hunter
It's all about China and it's arguably super duper market because they are like a gazillion people.
90 Troll Shaman
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BreatherEpisode
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]