Mists of Pandaria and...it's point?

90 Orc Warrior
LFM

Unfortunately for you, they exist in lore, and they're being fully brought into the game, so if you truly care about the lore, you'd get over your self-important 'hate' for them and accept them.

I'm not speaking for everyone but I'm also not the only one that thinks this way. People are just too scared to speak up about the pandas not belonging in wow lol.

The books were inspired by the RTS games, not the other way round. While the books may tell stories more coherently than the game can, that doesn't change the fact that the Pandarian are part of the lore as made very clear in W3's bonus campaign.

It is one thing to have a pure opinion based on your own feelings; thus, it's fine to not like having the Pandarian. It's quite another thing to hold an opinion that is directly contrary to established facts which is what you appear to be doing. Rethink your argument.
Edited by Mikdra on 6/29/2012 2:14 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Hunter
06/28/2012 02:59 PMPosted by Nethaera
Well I do love exploration and adventure.

Who doesn't? ;)
Community Manager
This thread got abit off topic, the OP wanted to know the point of the expac. A blue posted and answered it's about getting back to the roots of the horde/ally war, no central bad guy. Sort of how things were in vanilla.

I've leveled to 90, I've found no Halaa's, no wintergrasp/tol borad, no venture bays, I did not do 1 single quest that would flag you for pvp, cuz you were pitted against horde doing a mirror quest to yours. Think that beach quest in twilight highlands. That last part is what i thought we we're going to get alot of, quests that had great reward choices both pve and pvp relate but they flagged you and put you into pvp competition to complete the quests.

Aftering questing through every zone I could count on 1 hand, maybe I'd need a couple fingers from the other, the quests that had direct ally vs horde story to it. The rest is what wow has always been, new factions, that send you out collecting and killing monsters.

If there is a war going on between ally and horde in Pandaria, there must be some island still shrouded in mist and they're all fighting over there.\

I should add, or it hasn't been implemented yet.

Actually, let me address this a bit for you:

First off, we didn't want to force anyone to PvP that doesn't want to PvP. So, our focus is on creating opportunities for those on PvP realms just by the guard changes we hope to implement as well as having solid hubs of activity.

Second off, I don't want to give away too much, but the release of Mists of Pandaria and what you see in beta is just the beginning. Like any expansion we've done before, you can expect a patch (or two etc.) that continue to move things forward. The launch is about learning about Pandaria, what the intrusion of the Horde and Alliance (and their conflict) means for the land and the denizens within it. That would be the "explore" and "adventure" portion I mentioned. It would also seem a bit odd if that was all we focused on in Pandaria given that we don't need to go to a new land for there to be conflict between the two factions, right?
85 Gnome Death Knight
Horde vs Alliance is so 2004.
90 Worgen Druid

Second off, I don't want to give away too much, but the release of Mists of Pandaria and what you see in beta is just the beginning. Like any expansion we've done before, you can expect a patch (or two etc.) that continue to move things forward. The launch is about learning about Pandaria, what the intrusion of the Horde and Alliance (and their conflict) means for the land and the denizens within it. That would be the "explore" and "adventure" portion I mentioned. It would also seem a bit odd if that was all we focused on in Pandaria given that we don't need to go to a new land for there to be conflict between the two factions, right?

Maybe I'm thinking too grand here (is there such a thing?), but I am really hoping that a restarting of the conflict is just that. Not a minor plot point in the grand scheme of things, but the major focus of the expansion. I'm talking along the lines of WC1/2/3 here. I want to see cities destroyed and/or changing hands. I want to fight along side big name heroes, and ultimately see some of them die. Not big names you only recognize if you read the books, but people we'd recognize in game.

If when 6.0 rolls around for beta testing and the world looks pretty much exactly the way it does now (every horde/alliance city is still there and owned by the faction that currently owns it) I'd consider that a failure. At least from the standpoint of a new war or even just a re-ignition of the conflict.

I understand there is some difficulty in making that work in a MMO type of video game. People are attached to these heroes and cities. There is also the issue of how it affects the leveling experience, etc. But should that really scare you away from would could be an awesome experience? I don't personally think so, but I don't claim to speak for the masses either.

I'm sure the game will be fun regardless of how it turns out. I'm just hoping that renewing the war will be just that. Not something we look back on 2 years from now and the only thing we ultimately have to show from it is Theramore's destruction, a new Warchief, and panadas.
Edited by Treeba on 6/29/2012 4:02 PM PDT
90 Troll Hunter
06/28/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Arthmage
I totally have a better transmog than everyone and I totally deserve the attention.

From a human? This sounds more like a Belf to me, always full of themselves :P
90 Blood Elf Priest
From what I can tell, it's going to focus on the WAR part of World of Warcraft. You have a race that starts off as neutral, and you can pick your side at level 10, and you have a virtually untainted island with plentiful resources and the like showing up that both the Alliance and the Horde are going to want to fight over.

Also, I hear Garrosh loses his marbles. And that the Horde is "supposed to feel like they have their backs against the wall". Then again, this is just a rumor, but...I hope not. /waves a tiny Horde flag
88 Blood Elf Paladin
I really like that idea, when I first began playing the most I loved about WoW was the exploration bits, right now its like, RAID DUNGEON RAID GEAR.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]