Shattrath Portals

(Locked)

90 Gnome Mage
I see there are portals in Shattrath to Both Horde and Alliance and also Quel D'anas. Are there any portals TO Shattrath?
MVP - World of Warcraft
100 Blood Elf Hunter
There aren't any portals to Shattrath. There used to be in the major cities, prior to Cataclysm, but not anymore.

As a mage, you can port yourself there, though! :D

Otherwise, the best way to get there is via the Dark Portal portals in the major cities, then go to the flight master on the other side and fly to Shattrath.
90 Night Elf Rogue
Sadly, No. The only way to get to Shatterath quick is through the mage's teleport/portal spells, or a hearthstone.

Every other way involves taking the portal or riding/flying to Blasted Lands, walking through the Dark Portal, and then heading to Shatterath either on your own mounts or through FP's.
90 Gnome Mage
Too Bad!! That's the way I've been doing it but my non mage alts would have had a lot easier go of it. Oh well!!
You can set your hearth to Shattrath and then just be able to use the portals to go back to Orgimmar.
06/28/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Bavra
You can set your hearth to Shattrath and then just be able to use the portals to go back to Orgimmar.

And with class trainers now in Shattrath, there is little reason to go back to Org/SW for those few levels you are in Outland. Ditto for Dalaran and Northrend.
60 Troll Hunter
Really the only thing that Org/sw has that Shat/Dal do not are the portals to the cataclysm zones. And you don't need those until level 80. Now for going back and doing stuff I'll just tip a mage a few gold for a port if I'm feeling lazy (or con a friend to do it for free :P)
15 Blood Elf Mage
There is now a portal for horde from Shrine of the two moons to all major cities. The same ports that used to be in Dalaran.
90 Night Elf Rogue
There is now a portal for horde from Shrine of the two moons to all major cities. The same ports that used to be in Dalaran.

Yes, there are, NOW. When this thread was made (and last commented on) the Vale of Eternal Blossoms and the alliance & horde quest hubs there didn't exist AT ALL.

This thread is from a year ago, MoP has only been out about 8 months. So when this thread was created that info was correct. It's not anymore because the game changes drastically with every patch, and massive changes happen with every expansion.

Please don't necro old threads, even if it's to post a "correction". Newbies often look at the stuff on the first few forum pages to get current info. Old threads containing several pages of outdated information with a random "correction" or series of "corrections" tacked on to the end (bringing it back to the first page of the forum) won't help anyone.

Newbies don't know what info is outdated and what info is current (because, well, they're NEW). And they may not read all the way to the end of a long thread to see a "BTW everything discussed in this thread is now wrong" update. It's best to just keep the old and outdated threads on the bottom of the forum and give out the current NEW information when they ask in their own brand new threads.
Edited by Avanna on 6/4/2013 12:12 PM PDT
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]