Best race for priest ?

83 Undead Rogue
Hey guys was wondering what you guys think is the best race for priest for pve , and for pvp. Was thinking of goblin but is this the best choice ? Thanks
Reply Quote
34 Gnome Priest
If you are going for racials, Goblin or Troll for shadow, BE for healing.

I have a Goblin and a BE, and the one thing I really miss when I'm playing my BE is the rocket jump. It's useful in lots of places, both PvE and PvP.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Gotta say i love the rocket jump, helps to get out of some sticky situations, especially in pvp.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
I absolutely love the BE racial in both pve and pvp. It is an aoe interrupt, which is great! It also acts to give you a little mana boost, which is also great!

Rocket jump is nice, and when you use it situationaly you will be happy as a pig in dung, but i love having the extra CD that is always useful.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
<3 having the extra mana cooldown. Wish BE's could be more healing specs though so i can make all my healers BEs. Just priest and pally however.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hrmm... I never use my Arcane Torrent for mana, like ever. It's kind of like on use mana trinkets, I never remember to use those regularly either. When I'm dpsing I never really need to worry about mana, and when I'm healing I'm too busy keeping ppl alive that I don't have time to stay on top of active trinkets that I need to use on cooldown.
Reply Quote
Gnome :)
Reply Quote
73 Night Elf Hunter
if your going to play on the horde side (which im sure you are) go goblin mostly b/c its true b-elf's Arcane Torrent is good for mana but goblin priest' have the haste buff and rocket jump which in pvp will save u a lot.....just remember your levitate doesn't work with rocket jump XD
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Alliance:
1. Night Elf
2. Gnome
3. Human

Horde:
1. Goblin
2. Undead (debatable), Troll (if shadow)
3. Tauren/Blood Elf
Edited by Rilaks on 7/3/2012 10:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
37 Goblin Shaman
Personally I find having an interupt a lot more useful than any of the other racials. But being holy with body and soul and inner will I don't have any issues getting away from stuff.

Really I think you should pick the race you think looks the best/will enjoy the best. Racials are such a small factor to base your decision on.

And if you plan on doing transmog (Which you should because priests have some of the coolest looking gear) you should take that into account when you pick your race.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Alliance:
Disc-
    1)Gnome (expansive mind increase mana pool by 5%. Rapture is based off mana pool there for more return of mana off Rapture.)

2)Worgen (1% crit, Stacking Divine Aegis.)

Holy-
    1)Human (3% spirit increase, allowing more mana regen while in combat.)

Shadow-
    1)Worgen (1% crit allows faster CD on Shadowfiend)

2)Human (3% spirit increase, allows less reforging into spirit/hit for hit cap)

3) Draenei(1% hit increase, allows less reforging into spirit/hit for hit cap)

Horde:
Disc-
    All debatable personal preference, but I'd go

1)Blood Elf(Silence/6% mana back every 2 minutes)

2)Goblin(constant +1% Haste)

3)Troll(20% spell speed increase every 3 minutes only 10 seconds long.

Holy-
    All debatable personal preference, but I'd go

1)Blood Elf(Silence/6% mana back every 2 minutes)

2)Goblin(constant +1% Haste)

3)Troll(20% spell speed increase every 3 minutes only 10 seconds long.

Shadow-
    1) Goblin (Hands down best, 1% haste allows to reach highest haste cap that no other race can reach.)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
Disc-
1)Gnome (expansive mind increase mana pool by 5%. Rapture is based off mana pool there for more return of mana off Rapture.)

2)Worgen (1% crit, Stacking Divine Aegis.)

You clearly don't know very much about Priest PvP if you mention Worgen before Night Elf, I think it's easy to conclude that the rest of your post is just as ignorant.

P.S. - Disc Priests don't have nearly as much mana problems to warrant Gnomes being superior to Night Elf; granted, their slightly larger mana pool does provide beneficial effects, however Shadowmeld is an intangible that far exceeds Expansive Mind.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
06/27/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Zarakkii
Hey guys was wondering what you guys think is the best race for priest for pve , and for pvp.

You clearly don't know very much about Priest PvP if you mention Worgen before Night Elf, I think it's easy to conclude that the rest of your post is just as ignorant.

He simply stated what was the best race for pve then after stated also for pvp. He didn't ask for simply just PvP or just PvE, but both. I don't recall shadowmeld being superior for pve priests.
Edited by Choop on 7/5/2012 1:21 AM PDT
Reply Quote
the best race for priest
Tauren, all the way.
Give in to the giant, fuzzy love.
07/04/2012 02:25 PMPosted by Rilaks
Gnomes being superior to Night Elf; granted, their slightly larger mana pool does provide beneficial effects

Keep in mind that the 5% increase in mana is an increase in BASE mana. This means that instead of having 20590 mana and 85, like every other race, Gnomes have 21620 mana.
Edited by Gijora on 7/5/2012 8:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
07/05/2012 01:20 AMPosted by Choop
He simply stated what was the best race for pve then after stated also for pvp. He didn't ask for simply just PvP or just PvE, but both. I don't recall shadowmeld being superior for pve priests.

Why are you talking in the third person? Lol. I don't recall Worgen being better than Night Elf for PvP Priests (P.S. - You never actually stated that your list was for strictly PvE, if you want to avoid confusion perhaps you should write more clearly).
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'm such a huge fan of Arcane Torrent. Playing aggressivly its so nice to have that split second interupt to stop a healer from getting that last spell off, that could end up saving them, before my DPS takes them out.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Hey guys was wondering what you guys think is the best race for priest for pve , and for pvp. Was thinking of goblin but is this the best choice ? Thanks

Honestly, play whatever you want to spend hundreds of hours looking at. None of the racials will make or break you, unless you're min/maxing, which I'm pretty sure you won't be at this point in the game.

I see everyone is saying BE because of Arcane Torrent. Arcane Torrent isn't that good. Overall, for PvE go Troll or Goblin. PvP go for Forsaken or Goblin.
Reply Quote
PvP:

Tauren: War Stomp/Health
Undead - Will of the Forsaken/Cannibalize
Blood Elf - Silence/Mana

PvE -

Goblin: +1% Haste
Blood Elf: +Mana
Troll: +20% Cast speed
Reply Quote
58 Undead Priest
Go for the race you like looking at for a long time. I say that for every what race ? though.

Only time I would say something differnt is if it's pvp then go Human.
Edited by Brokensaints on 7/5/2012 11:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]