Cairne Moves Up in Realms from Wrath to Cata!

I'm reaching out to both factions to congratulate the raiders, teams, guilds, and leaders who improved Cairne's PVE ratings over the course of the Cataclysm expansion. At the same time, I feel a sense of loss for the guilds that were progressing well for a time who have now fallen by the wayside.

My friends and family and I formed this guild with the vision that Cairne was not "failing" (as some previous so-called elite guilds had asserted) because the "players sucked," but because the guilds' leadership could not balance highly organized skill with decent inter-guild and intra-guild relations; in other words, they were either really skilled but pissed everyone else off, or they were nice but not very organized. Cairne has many fantastic players on both factions, and the more organized they are and able to have constructive relations with other guilds, the better the entire server progresses.

My congratulations to the guilds who completed the content as we did: specifically, VALOROUS and KA; and it appears that Ctrl Alt Elites will achieve that soon. Also, I congratulate those who are close and still grappling with the heroic Spine encounter: Final Resistance, Banished, and Censored - best wishes to all of you with that difficult fight. I also hope the best for all who are trying to move forward as the content comes to a close.

I look forward to competing with as well as working with all of you as well as the new guilds that will no doubt arise in and from the Mists. There are still many very skilled players on the server that will benefit the raiding environment as well as new players that will develop some amazing levels of skill. I anticipate and indeed hope that the server as a whole will continue to move up in the PVE ranks in spite of having fewer players and being a newer server, and continue to defy the short-sighted, self-aggrandizing players who thought that they held the monopoly on skill, and moved off the server only to dwindle into nothing while we continue to enjoy the game and still clear content in the top 2% to 10% in the world! Best regards to all!
Edited by Tiara on 6/28/2012 7:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warrior
Don't forget to mention all the crazy fun RBG's people have had, while I don't know the details of how the Aliance did it, I sure know you did!

And shout outs to the tons of people who got on the list and did random for the fun RBG's all throughout Firelands, several people got mounts, several dozen got Titles, and we had some damn fun games and experiences.

If I didn't prove anybody could do RBG's, I'll come back and prove it agian.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Well that was worth a good laugh or two, and if this kind of post tickled your funnybone then you would probably enjoy my ContBlog ( http://preview.tinyurl.com/FistOfRet ), which is always full of this type of farcical bull!@#$.

Here's your brown ribbon, Cairne. You know what it stands for.

You seem to be experiencing a slight bit of irritability, so here ya go...

http://www.midol.com/
Reply Quote
I was really glad to see this post. My own raid group did not make it through T11 but we were able to collect a number of very early kills during the initial raiding rush -- as I recall, the enthusiasm of Cairne raiders in the early days of Cata pushed us another 20 or 30 places higher on the rankings over our current level. I hope to see that again in MoP, as well as a more competitive and collegial environment across raiding guilds.

Having witnessed Cairne's slow decline as a raiding server since BC (with many breaks in between, of course), I regret the loss of the raiding guild community more than I do the fall in raiding performance. There was a time when the leaders of all the Horde side's top raiding guilds knew and respected one another, borrowed players from one another, engaged in (friendly or not-so-friendly) trash talk, gossiped about each other, compared theorycrafting notes, etc. It would be great to restore that community and develop cross-faction links in MoP.

In any case, some old BC/WOTLK-era Cairne raiders and I are busily putting together a 10m group for MoP. I look forward to meeting the new raiders who have taken up the torch since the beginning of Cata and I very much hope to see Cairne old-timers drag themselves out of the woodwork for this latest expansion. Thanks again for posting this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I too hope we can all open up and let our true feelings for each other out, then the real healing can begin.

Looking forward to a big sobbing group hug of touchy-feely nincompoops at the next meeting of our support group - Remaining Cairne Together,

Your blubbering soft-hearted friend,

The !@#$.

P.S. I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! A-BLUBBERBLUBBERBOOHOOWAAHHHH :copius tears stream down my face:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFBCA
Reply Quote
07/03/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Yozda
In any case, some old BC/WOTLK-era Cairne raiders and I are busily putting together a 10m group for MoP. I look forward to meeting the new raiders who have taken up the torch since the beginning of Cata and I very much hope to see Cairne old-timers drag themselves out of the woodwork for this latest expansion. Thanks again for posting this.

I wish you luck in this endeavor and hope to you see you and your team succeed. It usually takes several months to put together a good team, but if you're willing to be patient, you'll find it to be rewarding.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Wow! Raided R gets no love? It's good to know that people on this realm can work better together lately
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Good work old server ^_^ first positive thing ive seen since fligbot left :D
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Well my guild has gotten up to 4/8 heroic but then took a hiatus. I was hoping to be at least 6/8 but it doesnt seem like my guildies will be coming back till tomorrow or prepatch. still an amazing feat for our old guild.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]